[XM Studios] Phoenix

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think XM needs to slow down the design's and get more products out the door. Their gonna have like 20 items on PO at the rate their going.

@nemenforcer. I think that's due to the fact that they have a limited marvel license. A pretty short time frame if I remember correctly.
Sent from my RM-937_apac_sea_976 using Tapatalk

I think XM needs to slow down the design's and get more products out the door. Their gonna have like 20 items on PO at the rate their going.

How would one (design) affect the other (factory production)?

The more designs the merrier imo, gives the fans something to be excited about. ;)

How would one (design) affect the other (factory production)?

The more designs the merrier imo, gives the fans something to be excited about. ;)
I'm just guessing personally. I know XM has a limited staff and you can't be everywhere at once. I'm also saying that because it's alot to keep up with. Since we don't have a clear order process in the US I'm getting confused. I have orders with three different dealers and all kinds of indications of interest floating around and a handful of deposits and only 1 Captain America. Just saying more product at this point would b nice. We're excited about Phoenix and Magneto but I also have wolverine Hawkeye and ant man and Thanos on PO. Very likely adding mk7 as well. A little product for my faith is all I'm asking

I'm just guessing personally. I know XM has a limited staff and you can't be everywhere at once. I'm also saying that because it's alot to keep up with. Since we don't have a clear order process in the US I'm getting confused. I have orders with three different dealers and all kinds of indications of interest floating around and a handful of deposits and only 1 Captain America. Just saying more product at this point would b nice. We're excited about Phoenix and Magneto but I also have wolverine Hawkeye and ant man and Thanos on PO. Very likely adding mk7 as well. A little product for my faith is all I'm asking

I agree with this! I trust the guys I have orders with but to be 100% supportive, I need to see that first perfect product show up on my doorstep before I commit to more future POs.

I don't think the group of artists doing the concept designs and initial prototype are also working in the factories on every 999 run, but I'll admit I have no idea.

Why are you using 3 or more different dealers to secure pieces? Hulk, Captain America, Magneto, IM Mk 42 have all shipped, I think that's an incredible turn around considering that XM is fresh as a baby's bottom this year, but that's just me. :dunno

So.....still no pics huh? Would like to see something new :( so much focus on the new stuff and we've yet to see the second head. Would like it if they'd add something extra to it, sorta like they ended up doing for Hawkeye :)
A surprise 3rd head? With light up eyes to go along with the light up phoenix?

Sent from the Cockpit of the Millenium Falcon

So.....still no pics huh? Would like to see something new :( so much focus on the new stuff and we've yet to see the second head. Would like it if they'd add something extra to it, sorta like they ended up doing for Hawkeye :)

Sent from the Cockpit of the Millenium Falcon

Dear god light up, stop making me hungry for more xD

Not happening. XM folks told they won't be working with light up features whatsoever in order to prevent functional issues whilst being able to focus more on QC, which is great IMO. As for the alternate portrait, they are a bit busy with QC on items that are being shipped, however the head is already undergoing printing process (Thor is also on the line) so we might have news anytime soon.

Not happening. XM folks told they won't be working with light up features whatsoever in order to prevent functional issues whilst being able to focus more on QC, which is great IMO. As for the alternate portrait, they are a bit busy with QC on items that are being shipped, however the head is already undergoing printing process (Thor is also on the line) so we might have news anytime soon.

No light up features whatsoever except for... you know... the Black Widow lamp which has a light up feature.

Now you got me lol :horror

But as far as I'm aware they won't adopt light up features on the statues themselves like eyes, chest, hands and so on... at least that's what they said on another forum.

For the love of God no light up :gah: I have about 10 non functioning lightup statues courtesy of SS. The only one that still works is the Green Lantern PF but he is the exception. Its also high risk because then they gotta deal with all the returns and intl shipping everytime one doesn't light up perfect.

nemenforcer, the exact reason I can't stand light ups. I have 2 light up statues, one being Cyclops so I'm ok with that since it represents what he does well, and Dark Link Ex. DL scares me because as soon as the lights don't work... on the low end, the aftermarket value plummets... but more important than that, I love the statue but the cool factor goes down because it's no longer a "working" statue and it's the same as a Regular at that point.

thepurist is right, if XM can't work out a replaceable bulb option like Black Widow's base should be coming with, they won't use light up. I love XM for that. Hopefully one day a reliable method for replacable bulbs in statues can be devised and then lights will be worth it.

nemenforcer, the exact reason I can't stand light ups. I have 2 light up statues, one being Cyclops so I'm ok with that since it represents what he does well, and Dark Link Ex. DL scares me because as soon as the lights don't work... on the low end, the aftermarket value plummets... but more important than that, I love the statue but the cool factor goes down because it's no longer a "working" statue and it's the same as a Regular at that point.

thepurist is right, if XM can't work out a replaceable bulb option like Black Widow's base should be coming with, they won't use light up. I love XM for that. Hopefully one day a reliable method for replacable bulbs in statues can be devised and then lights will be worth it.

Wait so xm black widow if that light up wears out it can be replaced/fixed or?
I do love light-ups the only problem is i am always scared to turn it on because Lets fase light-ups cant last forever and in all the sideshow pieces you cant replace it
X-men diorama 1 is one scary statue haha

I'm semi ambivalent about light ups but I love XM's attitude that the bulb needs to be replaceable for them to do a light up feature.

Back