[XM Studios] Phoenix

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm semi ambivalent about light ups but I love XM's attitude that the bulb needs to be replaceable for them to do a light up feature.

I'm ok with not having light up features. A statue is devalued if the light up feature stops working even though 99% of the time you don't use it. Anyway, back to Phoenix. We need that second head!!! I wonder if they will add anything else to her? Another arm or something?

I have 2 light up pieces. Gandalf the Grey PF and the War Machine Maquette. Both still work perfectly. I've never been one afraid of light up functions but I understand the desire of others not to have it. Personally, I really like it.

This piece does NOT need anything that lights up though.

I'd say we're only getting the 2nd head Sarakawa and we also won't see it until it's actually already produced, kind of how they showed us the Black Widow head in production. Unfortunately that's also how we found the issues with that head and it caused a pretty big stir for XM. I wish they would show it earlier this time to avoid any fiascos.

Of course, but that doesn't mean it's a good business practice. Frankly, I don't like them setting up pre-orders when pieces haven't even been finished yet. I like to see up front what I'm buying.

It didn't matter on this piece as I was happy with what was shown, the extra head was just that: extra. It wouldn't have swayed me one way or the other.

I have 2 light up pieces. Gandalf the Grey PF and the War Machine Maquette. Both still work perfectly. I've never been one afraid of light up functions but I understand the desire of others not to have it. Personally, I really like it.

This piece does NOT need anything that lights up though.

I'd say we're only getting the 2nd head Sarakawa and we also won't see it until it's actually already produced, kind of how they showed us the Black Widow head in production. Unfortunately that's also how we found the issues with that head and it caused a pretty big stir for XM. I wish they would show it earlier this time to avoid any fiascos.

Yea, again, I don't mind light up either. I have mark VI maquette, war machine maquette, shaak ti, cyclops PF and they all still work as far as I know. But if any of them stop working, well, it will probably kill the resale value. Not that I'm really close to selling any of those any time soon. For Phoenix, I'm happy with her as is but I really want to see that second head painted up. I like how most of the other XM pieces have so many nice swapouts. A little extra for Phoenix would go a loooong way in my book.

Yeah I could do without light up, just personally trying to find more to add to.this already amazing piece. Good to hear about the status of the head, can't wait to see it.

So on the light up thing, their Iron Man doesn't light up? At all? Thats sorta sad IMO :( lol thats like a lion without his roar, statue-wise (I think? Lol)

Sent from the Cockpit of the Millenium Falcon

I want to see the 2nd head and what I really want is for XM to match this Phoenix with a Classic Cyclops. I like or don't usually mind XM's costume changes but aside from logical details (seam lines, clothing wrinkles) a Classic Cyclops would have to be like this Phoenix Jean, no major costume alterations. Wishful thinking but it'd be awesome to have those 2 together.

I'm happy paring my SS Cyclops with the SS Jean Grey and while I would love a powerful classic Cyclops I really don't see how they could pose the two together. This Phoenix is in a very powerful solo pose and I plan to display her that way. As a big Cyclops fan...sadly, I think he would just interfere with her presence.

I'm happy paring my SS Cyclops with the SS Jean Grey and while I would love a powerful classic Cyclops I really don't see how they could pose the two together. This Phoenix is in a very powerful solo pose and I plan to display her that way. As a big Cyclops fan...sadly, I think he would just interfere with her presence.

XM's own photos of their site displayed her with Magneto and Wolverine already and they all look great together. Put Cyclops on a Sentinel like the rest of the team and he'll blend right in. If they do him eventually, there's always the option to not buy him for those that want Phoenix on her own. As more old school style X-Men get made (Nightcrawler, SOMEBODY for the love of God, DO IT!), they're going with my Phoenix.

XM's own photos of their site displayed her with Magneto and Wolverine already and they all look great together. Put Cyclops on a Sentinel like the rest of the team and he'll blend right in. If they do him eventually, there's always the option to not buy him for those that want Phoenix on her own. As more old school style X-Men get made (Nightcrawler, SOMEBODY for the love of God, DO IT!), they're going with my Phoenix.

Don't get me wrong I would definitely get an XM Cyclops no matter what...I guess I just like this Phoenix so much she is gonna have her own special display with some commissioned wall art behind her

Don't get me wrong I would definitely get an XM Cyclops no matter what...I guess I just like this Phoenix so much she is gonna have her own special display with some commissioned wall art behind her

Iv been looking for some phoenix prints. What did you have in mind?

Iv been looking for some phoenix prints. What did you have in mind?

I already got the art and the display spot ready. Just waiting for her. I got an AH sketch of Phoenix that will on the wall behind but the rewel jewel is I have this awesome Sejic copic marker sketch that is gonna go behind her. Let me see I have taken any pictures of the art

I don't have any pics of the AH sketch on my computer but I do have the Sejic piece I will have on the wall behind her

Nice! That'll look great when she arrives :)

Thanks :) Yeah I love the way he captures fire so I think this will go well with the XM sculpt and the color pops too. My AH sketch is just pencil so its black and white and she looks all sexy leaning against a wall so not quite the same vibe. I want something vibrant to go with this Phoenix

I don't have any pics of the AH sketch on my computer but I do have the Sejic piece I will have on the wall behind her

Love that art work, I dont have something like that yet so I am super happy we get artwork from Artgerm with the statue xD always wanted print from him haha.
As for my display plans i want something like this
https://i.imgur.com/V4989g3.jpg
Do i want XM studio's on it OFC!

I know that some one in the Netherland makes them perfectly like that, hope he can make one for me :) I believe you guys already posted some pictures from hes work on this forum not sure.
https://www.facebook.com/showcasesbyjakou
Found hes Facebook I think.

Agreed, I'm also willing to display her separately in her own pedestal while I will eventually get Jean Grey PF to go along with Cyclops PF.

Agreed on sideshow jean she looks good with sideshow cyclops.
For me I think only one statue may come close to my xm Phoenix and thats XM dark Phoenix!
A man can dream cant he?

Yeah her height is a key reason I'm going to have a special display place for her. Can't just stuff this beauty in a besta

Back