[XM Studios] Phoenix

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
***** man…xm is gonna break me..im 80% in for magneto, and although if I was to get ONE phoenix it would be DARK, this feels like it'll be tough to pass on…I will however try to hold out as much as possible bcz I do wanna see what/if SS ever comes up with in regards to wolverine and magneto (if they ever get to that) and whatever else they put out of the same character as XM. For the simple fact that SS is local and obviously will cost less is a reason I will weight and seriously weigh everything and compare both pieces…but damn I had already ruled out gambit and some of the older stuff I missed and now here I am...

Well, XM's Captain America was based on Stanley "Artgerm" Lau's artwork, so it is entirely possible that his artwork for Phoenix is the basis for the statue. We will know for sure when the face is shown.

That is true, XM did base Capt on his work, if this does prove to be based on his work that will be another "Pro" in my favor :pray:

Be Cool Ski
Al

Phoenix 1/4th has always been my #1 grail-want. I really don't care how much this is, if it looks great I will buy the regular and Dark Phoenix version.

I'm in agreement with you Sis. I like the Sentinel base too! :yess:

Looking like it's another must have from XM for me. :horror

I know right? XM are killing it with these great sculpts! Unfortunately XM is putting out more 'must haves' than I can afford right now, so I'm going to have to find some spare cash somewhere. I think I'm going to drop a few Sideshow PO's, and I might have to sell a few things. But I'm sure it'll be worth it.

Must be inspired from this

View attachment 117222

I think the statue is based on the sketch post along with the statue, you can see the arm angle and the sash at the lower right hand corner matches the statue. The sketch looks like Artgrem's work as well, and I think that post is better for a statue than this print.

I think what will make or break this statue is how they paint the fire bird, if they can nail the oranges, yellows and red paints and make it really look like a burning phoenix color wise then this will be a grail in my book....

I think what will make or break this statue is how they paint the fire bird, if they can nail the oranges, yellows and red paints and make it really look like a burning phoenix color wise then this will be a grail in my book....

XM just keeps turning out amazing looking creatively done sculpt after sculpt. Other than their Mark 42 and Hulk just about everything ave seen from them is on par or better that it's SSC counterpart at least in terms of the concepts. Honestly if they all come out like Cap this company is going to win over a whole **** load of collectors.

I agree with EVERYTHING you say. However, if the face ain't right, that'll kill this piece for me quicker than anything. We need to see her from the front and get a close up of her face.

Last edited:
SSC is getting a Pheonix since Igo is looking for inspiration on SF. VS made a comment about XM and Igo made his usual comeback. I posted that there was only 1 image I cared to share for their Pheonix and it was a picture of a Quality Assurance approved stamp. The post was deleted.

SSC is getting a Pheonix since Igo is looking for inspiration on SF. VS made a comment about XM and Igo made his usual comeback. I posted that there was only 1 image I cared to share for their Pheonix and it was a picture of a Quality Assurance approved stamp. The post was deleted.

Haha, that made me laugh. Well played.

Now that would have been fun to witness. Well played sir

Now that would have been fun to witness. Well played sir

I didn't get a PM, warning or anything. Just poof. I've seen the SF mods complain that this forum is likes to kill free speech... Unless they've given Igo mod powers... which is like the worst person to give that to.

I didn't get a PM, warning or anything. Just poof. I've seen the SF mods complain that this forum is likes to kill free speech... Unless they've given Igo mod powers... which is like the worst person to give that to.

Yep. Pretty much why I don't post there often. Can you imagine one of my rants on a thread Igo was posting on? They would have me muted and kicked out faster then I could type the next

Yep. Pretty much why I don't post there often. Can you imagine one of my rants on a thread Igo was posting on? They would have me muted and kicked out faster then I could type the next

I think it is cool to have reps participate and share some insider info but his sarcasm and condescending remarks rubs me wrong. We are spending a crap load of money on their products. SSAlex is a shining example of how to approach the forums.

....and then they'd ban you. :lol That's why I never even bothered with them.

Back