[XM Studios] Phoenix

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's not about people having different opinions. That's cool and all.

My problem is stating something because it's not like SS. Well, if it was like SS....then I would get it.....etc. etc. etc.

XM has its own style....comic style portraits. Artgerm style stuff. By now, us collectors know this. If you know that...why continue to harp on this if you prefer SS more realistic (which I still don't see to be honest with you) portraits and mixed media.

Bottom line....this is fully sculpted, comic style statues. If I complain in the SS section about their stuff and compare it to XM stuff, its not about style.....its about substance (cost and going extra mile for customers) and maybe AD and QC. Big difference. I personally like both styles and they both have their place, but I sure as hell am not wanting SS to change their style to be more like XM or vice versa. They are two separate entities.

I personally like reading peoples opinions to see if they match mine or not. It would be boring if they all liked the same thing. If I'm not mistaken didn't XM just change a portrait on BW due in part to feedback of people on these very forums? They seem to want our responses to their products especially when done in a constructive manner. I'm not in favor of bashing a piece in a rude manner or blind praise. I say let people voice their opinions, if they feel passionately about what they would like to see in a product then bring it. If you don't agree then that's fine but I am not going to tell you to quit posting about it. Who is to say that XM cant offer both comic style portraits along with another portrait in SS style (whatever that means to people) or something else. Heck even additional add on packs (sold separately, at a later time) have been discussed which may include different style portraits.

I personally like reading peoples opinions to see if they match mine or not. It would be boring if they all liked the same thing. If I'm not mistaken didn't XM just change a portrait on BW due in part to feedback of people on these very forums? They seem to want our responses to their products especially when done in a constructive manner. I'm not in favor of bashing a piece in a rude manner or blind praise. I say let people voice their opinions, if they feel passionately about what they would like to see in a product then bring it. If you don't agree then that's fine but I am not going to tell you to quit posting about it. Who is to say that XM cant offer both comic style portraits along with another portrait in SS style (whatever that means to people) or something else. Heck even additional add on packs (sold separately, at a later time) have been discussed which may include different style portraits.

Very well said. :goodpost:

I feel the same way. A lot of times, conversations get heated... But I always remember, the conversation got heated because we are both extremely passionate about the same things. Just because our opinions on certain subjects differ, doesn't mean either of us are wrong.

All in all. #geekstrong! Haha. I love being a geek, wouldn't change it for anything in the world.

I didn't find an exclusive topic for her, so... sorry if one already exists.

New teaser with full body has just been revealed:

d17.jpg

10299972_1381059782178765_1293803338802334757_n.jpg
What a gorgeous pose. :clap

The base is not bad but I think I would of preferred if they created a base with just flames coming up.. Although I guess having all the x-men with sentinel bases allows them to go together...

Not crazy about the scrapped sentinel either. Almost seems to reign in her powers from cosmic level to just trashing giant robots. I hope Cyclops, Angel and Beast are in XM's plans.

Really impressed so far.
XM seems to be on a great start so far.
I know that they can not directly ship to the US but maybe they can borrow some ideas from Sideshow or Gentle Giant such as assigning purchase points or special memberships.
These can be tied in to registered confirmed email address.

In any case great show so far XM.
:clap

Really impressed so far.
XM seems to be on a great start so far.
I know that they can not directly ship to the US but maybe they can borrow some ideas from Sideshow or Gentle Giant such as assigning purchase points or special memberships.
These can be tied in to registered confirmed email address.

In any case great show so far XM.
:clap

:goodpost :lecture

I'm keen on all their releases so far with one exception (Hulk) & their choices for poses are a breath of fresh air. So tired of 1 up 1 down poses Zzzzzzz.

I admit I do get overworked sometimes when talking about statues. It's the artist and competitor in me that are always in constant conflict. Most know how much in overdrive I can get when talking about this stuff. One look on Statueforum and you can go through and read all my rants.....here not as much. I do like to hear other's opinion's believe it or not. The artist in me likes diversity. The competitor in me hates diversity. So that's why I tend to get overworked when people make comments about comparisons to one company over the other. I am of the mindset....WHY NOT LIKE BOTH?????

I like some others may disagree with you on this unless you have more proof than this theroy, the artwork you have here is based on Stanley Lau aka Artgerms Vision of Phoenix and it is Very Impressive, unless you mean it is Loosely based on this image

Be Cool my Friend
Al

Well, XM's Captain America was based on Stanley "Artgerm" Lau's artwork, so it is entirely possible that his artwork for Phoenix is the basis for the statue. We will know for sure when the face is shown.

I am definitely in for This , Magneto and Wolverine. . . . My collection is what I want. I have every statue I sought after so now its a matter of preference. If XM produces a Gambit that would also be a MUST buy. That being said ...... once I have these I wont be collection more than 1 or 2 pieces a year.

Back