[XM Studios] Phoenix

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OMG XM is killing these pieces!...and killing me. I want it all but can't have it all! Decisions, decisions! Mags a must, Thanos a must, now this looks like a must have. IM MarkVII??? :slap

What's next? Brown Wolverine with a Sosa portrait? Gambit? :slap:slap

So far on my XM buy list:

Wolverine
Magneto
Phoenix
Ms. Marvel

Never read Antman comics before so no connection with that one... and I got to draw the line somewhere :)

Yeah..I'm passing on Antman and Ms Marvel. So my buy list looks like:

Magneto and Thanos for sure

Brown Wolverine a lock if made

Phoenix a strong possibility and want to see Gambit.

It would be nice if we could simple have discussions about what we like without people like you getting uptight about opinions all the time. If someone says they love the statue but not the face as it looks a little too anime'ish for their tastes... so what? Why do you take it so personally? In this case, someone said they would love to see Sosa do the face sculpt. He is amazing and did a lot of kick ass Koto sculpts and is working on XM Antman.

It's not about people having different opinions. That's cool and all.

My problem is stating something because it's not like SS. Well, if it was like SS....then I would get it.....etc. etc. etc.

XM has its own style....comic style portraits. Artgerm style stuff. By now, us collectors know this. If you know that...why continue to harp on this if you prefer SS more realistic (which I still don't see to be honest with you) portraits and mixed media.

Bottom line....this is fully sculpted, comic style statues. If I complain in the SS section about their stuff and compare it to XM stuff, its not about style.....its about substance (cost and going extra mile for customers) and maybe AD and QC. Big difference. I personally like both styles and they both have their place, but I sure as hell am not wanting SS to change their style to be more like XM or vice versa. They are two separate entities.

Yeah..I'm passing on Antman and Ms Marvel. So my buy list looks like:

Magneto and Thanos for sure

Brown Wolverine a lock if made

Phoenix a strong possibility and want to see Gambit.

Magneto, Wolverine & Thanos them 3 are my definite's

Phoenix & Antman are big possibilities for me

And also XM are definitely making a Brown Wolverine so expect to see that one next year which I'm pretty sure I will buy

Magneto, Wolverine & Thanos them 3 are my definite's

Phoenix & Antman are big possibilities for me

And also XM are definitely making a Brown Wolverine so expect to see that one next year which I'm pretty sure I will buy

Edit RB. Brown Wolvie a lock when made and I forgot to mention my eye is on IM mark VII also.

I have a feeling the Brown Wolvie will be a Sosa collaboration on an unmasked sculpt. :lecture

Edit RB. Brown Wolvie a lock when made.

I have a feeling the Brown Wolvie will be a Sosa collaboration on an unmasked sculpt. :lecture

I know it involves him on a Chinese roof. I can't remember the full description but I remember it sounded great. I know they did it awhile back but because SS are working on one as well there had to delay there's until after SS announce there one

I'm guessing there will be a portrait reveal tomorrow. Hope it looks astonishing. Since XM does not do repaints, maybe they will produce Dark Phoenix in a mirror pose. That would be cool. Expensive, but cool.

Would be nice to see the portrait reveal tomorrow. If they do a dark Phoenix I'd say it would be a completely different sculpt.

Unless SS comes in and blows up the room, my plans are to get
Magneto
Phoenix (Dark if they show one)
Wolverine
Ms. Marvel
possibly Hawkeye

gonne stick with SS on Iron Man

I love the portrait on this as it is now. Why does everyone want to make XM SS?????

You all know it IS OK to be different than another company.....right???????

Gosh damn....people act like if it isn't SS realistic...then the statue automatically becomes garbage or something.

If anyone has a problem with the face of Jean Gray (Phoenix)...then stick with the SS version.....lord knows that looks more realistic (notice the sarcasm here).
That's mighty defensive over something we can't actually see yet :slap
Unless you've got something to share with us?

I didn't find an exclusive topic for her, so... sorry if one already exists.

New teaser with full body has just been revealed:

d17.jpg

10299972_1381059782178765_1293803338802334757_n.jpg

You Officially have my Attention now and now that you have it Let's see some Frontage but that backside if SWEET!

Be Cool
Al

Back