XM Studios Namor 1/4 Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't mean to compare to start a war, but damn i like it. I wish sideshow would have chosen a stronger pose/stance for their aquaman. To me the SSC aquaman pose looks a little robotic. And although I don't necessarily love this octopus/squid base, I do love namor's powerful stance.

If SSC not careful, they'll be the next Bowen. This looking good, not that silly fish tank type of Namor that SSC did.

That statement is comical. Sideshow sells worldwide and makes a way higher edition run and do much more than Marvel.
They are not Bowen and they are not losing the Marvel license.

Sideshow isn't going anywhere anytime soon...that's for sure. It's comical to think otherwise.

51rNalcTVML._SX258_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

I don't think SS is going anywhere soon but I do think they've taken notice of XM, especially after the crackdown.
SSC helped to create a large fan-base for this hobby with other companies (not just XM) now producing Marvel (and more) pieces that people want to buy.

Sideshow isn't going anywhere anytime soon...that's for sure. It's comical to think otherwise.

It's also comical to think ss will give us the same XM expierence as the paint apps, QC, low ES, many switch out parts, bullet proof packing, a free print, metal parts and extra things like the cool see through box for thanos, metal wolvie claws etc, detailed loaded bases, action poses, fully sculpted, free sheet of how to repacking the statue, many characters no one will make etc... Sure ss can do it no question but will they do what XM is doing? I don't think so...., it's like asking bowen to become ss won't happen.

No one is saying SSC is going away anytime soon. Bowen is out because of personal issue but they have been down hill for awhile. The thing is, lots of market change, fluctuate, disappear, etc. Company that fail to adapt will certainly disappear just as quickly or painfully slow. Some company's tactic switch to acquisition mode of buying smaller company which specialize in certain area of the market; like the beer industry. SSC need to be more competitive for sure.

I actually think a few years from now SS will be the only one left standing. I don't think this market is big enough for more than one big player. You can already see this happening with some of the XM pieces that don't sell out as fast. We though as collectors should enjoy this while we have so many to choose from including Iron Studios who's doing far better work than XM for me right now.

I actually think a few years from now SS will be the only one left standing. I don't think this market is big enough for more than one big player. You can already see this happening with some of the XM pieces that don't sell out as fast. We though as collectors should enjoy this while we have so many to choose from including Iron Studios who's doing far better work than XM for me right now.

XM pieces not selling out right away is no different than SS really, they just have higher ed sizes now. Even back in the early days I don't think SS pieces sold out right away. Joker PF was the last piece (that I ordered) I remember selling out almost the same day it went up for PO, which was not that long ago. XM is still relatively new by comparison, but they are coming out strong with a lot to offer, and not just to north America.

XM has a good thing going and if they're smart/savy they can be around for a while yet, even with the market getting crowded with new(er) companies. SDCC seems to get bigger every year not to mention every other con. And there are other companies that don't do spandex clad heroes that do pretty well with a loyal fan base. You're definitely right about enjoying it though, lots to choose from.

Back to more important things such as the statue, I can't wait to see how XM tackles the Kraken base and wave/water splashing effects on this. It will also be interesting to see how exactly they tackle attaching the leaping swordfish to the base, as it stands now they are flying. :lol

If that happens it'll be sad. There are some interpretations I prefer from SS over XM but overall XM is bringing better concepts and execution to the Marvel stuff in many people's opinions...Daredevil, Green Goblin, X-Men when they could, Namor...as well as characters SS hasn't tackled in 1/4 yet...some of the Spidey villains, Dr. Strange, Ghost Rider, Thanos, Magneto, Phoenix, etc...and characters that are harder to find from SS now like Black Panther...

If we end up with just SS, some characters will never be touched because we'll just get more Cap, Spidey, Iron Man movie and Hulk, we won't see these big ideas executed so wonderfully (with a few exceptions, Spider-Man is one of their more ambitious sculpts recently)...

Consider that XM is a lot more restricted than SS, especially since the crack down on distributors, so sell outs won't be as quick as they were before the crack down since it's hard for restricted countries to get XM now. Here in America and other countries it's no longer as simple as a refresh and click on Simply Toys and similar sites. And the costs of the product and shipping them, SS is still cheaper even with their rising prices.

If that happens it'll be sad. There are some interpretations I prefer from SS over XM but overall XM is bringing better concepts and execution to the Marvel stuff in many people's opinions...Daredevil, Green Goblin, X-Men when they could, Namor...as well as characters SS hasn't tackled in 1/4 yet...some of the Spidey villains, Dr. Strange, Ghost Rider, Thanos, Magneto, Phoenix, etc...and characters that are harder to find from SS now like Black Panther...

If we end up with just SS, some characters will never be touched because we'll just get more Cap, Spidey, Iron Man movie and Hulk, we won't see these big ideas executed so wonderfully (with a few exceptions, Spider-Man is one of their more ambitious sculpts recently)...

Consider that XM is a lot more restricted than SS, especially since the crack down on distributors, so sell outs won't be as quick as they were before the crack down since it's hard for restricted countries to get XM now. Here in America and other countries it's no longer as simple as a refresh and click on Simply Toys and similar sites. And the costs of the product and shipping them, SS is still cheaper even with their rising prices.

I know. That's why I keep hoping they fix the problem with the speculative pricing. I want the, to stay in the game for as long as possible. The sculpts they've been doing are not only amazing but I believe it has put pressure on SS to up their game and inspired other companies like Iron Studios to follow their footsteps.

That being said, I think IRon Studios does a better job of distributing their pieces and deterring speculation with their setup with Paulo. XM should do something similar to make sure their work goes to people who really love them.

Back