XM Studios Ms Marvel

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In any case, congrats to those who got her. I'll live vicariously through your pics when you have her in hand. I let this one pass so I could get another XM piece.

Oh well, kept refreshing and never saw her go avaialble! :( Congrats to those that did!

So they really listens to the customers to lower th es, o customer-flippers? Ive waited that day and all i could see is big SOLD OUT page. Is this what all of us collectors want? if XM can manage to maintain the quality of statues why don't they try to increase the es beyond 999? are they afraid to sale less than expected? The truth is if XM keeps the es 999 or lower then there's no chance I would get one single statue with the retail price from them.

Then lets hope XM raises the ES to 9000 on each, because then everyone will be happy. Right?

:goodpost: Around here there's only one kind of collectors. The kind that goes: "HELL NO - I AIN'T BUYING A FIGURE WITH AN ES OF 5.000 THAT'S NOT LIMITED AT ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and the next day go: "WHY IS THE ES SO LOW - I'LL NEVER BE ABLE TO GET ONE, THEY REALLY SHOULD RAISE THE ES"

It's getting sold out faster cause of the awareness and when that happens it's flippers heaven.

:goodpost: This the problem in my eyes are always the flippers, I saw alot of mags/wolverines even Phoenix on ebay hell all the xm statues were on ebay in stacks of 10 the problem is never the retailers its the people who want a big profit, I have no problems with people who sell it for 100-200 dollars more btw that can mean alot of things but 2-3k more noway

But like we wil always have flippers, its normal :mad:

I'm all for XM raising the ES for their statues. I don't care what number is on the bottom--I just want the statue on my shelf. I've been able to get 2 statues from Simply Toys (back when they used to send an email with the PO time) and have missed out on all the others.

I messaged Simply Toys about Ms. Marvel never showing up on their FB page and they said "Due to her overwhelming popularity, Ms Marvel was sold out on our website before we could put up the notification for her preorder on our FB page." You know what? How about you put the notice on FB before you put it on the website?

As of now I only missed BW as a statue I wanted but I did not know of XM back then , but BW she is pretty rare nowadays hope I get her soon! but i never missed 1 statue from simplytoys that I really wanted, HOWEVER i do fear for Medusa and she-Hulk :( medusa being a must for me!

Man I wish I was elite member 3 more statues to go I believe.

So they really listens to the customers to lower th es, o customer-flippers? Ive waited that day and all i could see is big SOLD OUT page. Is this what all of us collectors want? if XM can manage to maintain the quality of statues why don't they try to increase the es beyond 999? are they afraid to sale less than expected? The truth is if XM keeps the es 999 or lower then there's no chance I would get one single statue with the retail price from them.

There are only 4 guys who work at XM, they have to quality check each individual statue before it gets shipped out, they're also on a timed license from Marvel. If they made say 3000 of each statue this would mean less characters being made overall. I'm also pretty positive that XM had no idea their statues would become so popular when they started. They already made a promise to collectors to never go beyond 999 statues, to keep them rare so they wouldn't go down in value. I know some people don't care about that but there are a lot of collectors who do... XM was always about being a niche player and not trying to compete with companies like SS.

If you really want an XM statue you can always email the official retailers ask them to put you on waiting list for the pre-order so you get first dibs... Just gotta do a little leg work and you can guarantee yourself a XM statue without the simple toys preorder madness...

As far as flippers goes, yeah it's an issue with limited collectibles, but I've been loosely keeping tabs on Magneto on Ebay and FB pages and I would guess that only about 8%-10% of the 800 statues were bought by flippers...

Last edited:
I know it's easy to blame flippers for everything that is wrong with the world these days...but I think we to consider that XM's growing popularity among collectors as a reason it's becoming more difficult to secure XM product. I would think the success of a pieces like Captain America, Black Widow, and Magneto have caused increased interest by collectors in XM Studios.

Also...part of the difficulties of securing this Ms. Marvel PO through Simply Toys lies their website. The website does not seem to be able to handle all the traffic...so I'm not sure how flippers would have any more success of obtaining POs from ST than the rest of us.

Unless the flippers are already part of the Elite membership at Simply Toys, in which case they have already pre-ordered before the PO date.

Unless the flippers are already part of the Elite membership at Simply Toys, in which case they have already pre-ordered before the PO date.

Did not even think about this good thinking idd,
Anyway I wonder how Xm studio diorama will go the madness !

The problem is we have nothing to support that assertion. For all we know there are more "non-flipping" Elite Membership customers vs. flippers.

I am simply suggesting that we may be too quick to jump to the conclusion that flippers are wholly or primarily responsible for the difficulties in securing XM product. Perhaps the growing popularity of XM products among non-flippers,combined with the territory restrictions of XM's current license agreement, are the real issues.

Did not even think about this good thinking idd,
Anyway I wonder how Xm studio diorama will go the madness !

That will depend on the pricing for the pieces and the set as a whole. If the set is priced within reason, then I foresee some madness during preorder.

I am simply suggesting that we may be too quick to jump to the conclusion that flippers are wholly or primarily responsible for the difficulties in securing XM product. Perhaps the growing popularity of XM products among non-flippers,combined with the territory restrictions of XM's current license agreement, are the real issues.

I agree. I think the rush to preorder XM pieces also stems from the belief that they will appreciate in value from the get-go. So no harm in securing a piece even if one does not necessarily love it, as it will be worth more than the retail price already and can be sold easily.

:goodpost: You hit the nail on the head: immensely growing popularity amongst collectors who have been dying for 1:4 fully sculpted statues of characters that have been ignored for a decade, territory restriction, and low edition sizes of 999 and down to even 500 globally.

Quick question, I have my other orders at simply toys marked as pre-order processed but MS marvel is stil at payment accepted is that normal?

Back