XM Studios Ms Marvel

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think from SC you still have to add shipping from Singapore, which could easily be another 200$, tho.

Buying directly from a source in Singapore is your cheapest route... You'll probably save between $200-$300 vs buying from the North American stores due to them having to pay extra to their source to get them....

If you go direct she should only run $440 USD + shipping, so around $600-$650 total depending on shipping... where as a North American store it's going to run you around $900 time your done with everything.

Took a pic at XM Studio today. How do I rotate this image?

image.jpg

I want to really understand the big deal with XM pieces. I get Magneto looks amazing, but I still struggle looking at a number of their pieces how they justify the price they are. I have been following them for quite a while and it seems they still have quite a way to go to me. I do agree they come up with some nice poses, but statues like Iron Man and Widow don't impress me. Looking at the Ms Marvel piece above, it looks okay, but no way would I say its a piece worth $800 + shipping. I get they give good customer service. But why is there such crazy demand. Please don't shoot me down, I'm just really trying to understand.

It's 500ish in SG.
It's just that the US markets spikes up the price.
While I agree she isn't worth $800 right now...I have HOPE XM may still tweak her.
I'm still not to fond of her pose/facial expression.
The base color isn't great either.

I want to really understand the big deal with XM pieces. I get Magneto looks amazing, but I still struggle looking at a number of their pieces how they justify the price they are. I have been following them for quite a while and it seems they still have quite a way to go to me. I do agree they come up with some nice poses, but statues like Iron Man and Widow don't impress me. Looking at the Ms Marvel piece above, it looks okay, but no way would I say its a piece worth $800 + shipping. I get they give good customer service. But why is there such crazy demand. Please don't shoot me down, I'm just really trying to understand.

Pretty simple actually, Top tier paint application, solid statue, 100% cold cast porcelain and not a PVC hybrid , production pieces that meet or surpass the prototype and small Edition Size which means it will always be a rare statue and it's 100% sculpted, no mix media :). Also your price is wrong it's more like $460 + shipping, need to convert $SGD to $USD... as long as you buy directly from a authorized XM retailer.. If you buy from Ebay or North American shop then yeah it will be more...

Bottom line is your paying for quality, something other companies have a hard time providing on a consistent basis.... As for not thinking the pose or face sculpt is worth the money, that just comes down to personal preference...

Last edited:

You dont think their iron men (mans) are impressive? The detail and paint job is insane on them. You have to see them
In person to really get it.

Damn so amazing looking! Love the comic style generic pretty faces I stead of the real actress faces a lot uses now.

You dont think their iron men (mans) are impressive? The detail and paint job is insane on them. You have to see them
In person to really get it.

the mark 42 is really not that great... i've seen it many times in person, you would have to be either a hardcore xm fan to like it.

I don't get into this SS vs XM rubbish. I just like anything that looks good. I don't care if it has mix media or fully casted. All that matters to me is the end product. As I said earlier XM has some great statues, but they have a number that aren't that great as well. My particular issue with XM is predominately their face sculpts. I hear people rant about the Cap statue, but I think his face looks terrible. The sculpt is nice, but I think at the moment SS do still dominate XM with their face sculpts, which is a huge deal for me.

I just think people should be careful to act like everything XM do is gold, when it clearly isnt. I would say the same thing for SS. There are plenty I don't like but some are amazing. XM prices still a lot higher and I get they are fully sculpted. however it is the final product at the end of the day that matters no matter the company. I just feel a number of people into XM are starting to get extremely bias and statues like this Ms Marvel are only okay and not amazing.

As someone said earlier, it is each to their own, but I do hope XM keeps up a high quality and fixes their face issues. I love some of their statues like Magneto, Thanos and even Wolvy. I hope that one day they are available for most people and raise their release numbers at least so more people have a chance on getting their good ones and not paying the ridiculous after market prices.

Back