XM Studios Ms Marvel

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I understand why XM may want to do a different uniform...I'm just not a fan of Ms. Marvel's original costume. Ms. Marvel's black costume is one of my favorite costumes period...so I acknowledge I am being very selfish wishing XM would use the black costume. :)

But...I'm not sure XM needs to avoid any project that SS has done before, regardless if SS nailed it. If XM wants to play with the big boys like SS, or be seen as a viable alternative to SS, why not do a Ms. Marvel piece in same costume...and do it better?? If XM crafts a Ms. Marvel statue wearing the black costume in a dynamic flying pose, with an excellent face sculpt, a fantastic paint job, and minimal QC issues...wouldn't that differentiate them from SS?

I believe that XM could employ a multi-layered business strategy. They can produce 1/4 scale offerings that SS has neglected, while simultaneously not being afraid to tackle projects that SS has done before...and do them better.

That being said...I still would not be surprised to find myself pre-ordering this statue. :lol

Not selfish at all. Just personal preference. I had the SS warbird and she was a beauty. Still not sure why in the heck I sold her. I'd love to see XM do her as well. Always have and will be a fully sculpted fan first and formost. The best part of SSs offering for me was the portrait. Personally it was and is one the best they have ever done. I think XMs has that same potential in theirs. Better I don't think so personally. Matched? Very well a possibility. We shall see when the painted prototype is finished. And if XM stays the route then there will be yet another portrait revealed that we haven't see yet. If it's just as good as this one then we are in for quite a treat

Not selfish at all. Just personal preference. I had the SS warbird and she was a beauty. Still not sure why in the heck I sold her. I'd love to see XM do her as well. Always have and will be a fully sculpted fan first and formost. The best part of SSs offering for me was the portrait. Personally it was and is one the best they have ever done. I think XMs has that same potential in theirs. Better I don't think so personally. Matched? Very well a possibility. We shall see when the painted prototype is finished. And if XM stays the route then there will be yet another portrait revealed that we haven't see yet. If it's just as good as this one then we are in for quite a treat

Good points

Wip

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Looks good so far, although the straight on shot makes her look a little young like 15 years old young lol...

Looks a little soft compared to the art, but she is just plain gorgeous. Glad to see them stepping up so hard in that department. Their faces on their earlier pieces were the weak links in otherwise fantastic statues, in my opinion.

Getting giddy, can't wait to order my first XM piece. :)

I see some resemblance in the lips and nose perhaps, but eyebrows, chin, etc are different.

Hm will we get a second head with artgerms hairstyle too? I like the short hair and visible ears and she has harder facial features. Looks better than the new soft face picture.

Shoulda never cancelled Doc, tsk tsk.:lecture

Edit: Actually, it looks like simplytoys still has her for order. Well, you can add her to your cart at least. Not sure about checkout though.

Once they add cheek bone/eye shading and if they go with a tanner toned skin it will age her.

I'll admit I feel slightly naughty in saying this but she does look young and she also looks extremely hot :lol
Like 19 year old hot. I'm 34 so.... yeah that's the unsettling part but hey... I'd date her :yess:

Back