Statue XM Studios more Star Wars statues planned and in works

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
too few are interested in the pieces from them. the same like iron studios 1 very good piece the rest standard or badder + to high prizes at xm

XM Luke is great, Fett is a bit too animated, and Maul is very fragile. Darth Vader from the trio looks quite bad, the best being kid Ani, which is kinda crazy, you'd think Vader himself would be the best, but in fact is the worst of them all. From what I know Iron Studios only made a couple Star Wars statues in larger scale: Darth Vader (the best Vader statue so far) and Yoda (the base is great, Yoda himself is kinda meh).

Both these companies need to understand that Star Wars collectors (as well as Terminator, Predator, Aliens etc. collectors) are more picky regarding accuracy and character resemblance compared to comic collectors. Personally I'd like to see a 1/4 OT Stormtrooper made by these companies, but only if he doesn't look like coming from an animated show or too inaccurate.

too few are interested in the pieces from them. the same like iron studios 1 very good piece the rest standard or badder + to high prizes at xm

I thought IS had high praise for the Darth Vader they released (I'm not sure how fast it sold out) but then they seem to have stopped working on 1/4 and are doing the crappy 1/10 stuff. I don't know why they aren't continuing with 1/4 after the success of the Vader (I know there is a yoda coming).

I have all the XM Star Wars statues. I think when you have Vader, Anakin and Young Anakin all placed together like they should be its quite a nice statue, I think it's just a shame about the Anakin larva base and the young Anakin could have been done sandy rather than smooth. The boba fett smoke is a bit cartoonie looking which is a shame b ut the statue is a nice piece. Hoth Luke is a lovely statue and I have no complaints about anything and the darth maul just blows you away. My first arrived damaged, and being one of the first I was promised a replacement which I received complete. On the positive side I managed to keep quite a few spare bits from the first so that turned out quite well. I have the sideshow ex general grievous which I love, but hearing so much about this grievous XM did that I haven't managed to get a glimpse of, I hope this is one that they do release but the reason I heard they didn't last time around was the bike was just too big. Hopefully we will hear something this year, but with everything going on at the mo it's doubtful.

I thought IS had high praise for the Darth Vader they released (I'm not sure how fast it sold out) but then they seem to have stopped working on 1/4 and are doing the crappy 1/10 stuff. I don't know why they aren't continuing with 1/4 after the success of the Vader (I know there is a yoda coming).

They already released Yoda, it was very disappointing. Yoda himself looked rough and the production version of the base fell well short of the terrific prototype. I still hope for a great looking smuggler Han from either Iron Studios or XM. Both have had their Star Wars successes and failures as mentioned by others.

They already released Yoda, it was very disappointing. Yoda himself looked rough and the production version of the base fell well short of the terrific prototype. I still hope for a great looking smuggler Han from either Iron Studios or XM. Both have had their Star Wars successes and failures as mentioned by others.

IS Yoda was definitely a huge disappointment, especially with the grail status their Vader has become.

Glad I chose the Legendary scale Yoda from SS over the IS 1/4 piece.

IS failed 2 of 3 times, XM 3 of 5. look at XMs edition sizes, they are under EXs from Sideshow. In asia gives not really much SW fans, and thats xms 1st territory. they produces 270 pieces from maul and the most had an broken cape.

Back