XM Studios Magneto

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Magneto has all sorts of controversy. lmao!! The guy that put together the StatueForum awards got kicked out of Prime 1's group because P1 was sour that their Optimus Prime statue lost to Magneto. :lol

Woh. Seriously? You sure there isn't more to it than that?

I'm going to have a look over there :lol

There's always two sides to the story

Not really. I get that you try to throw s--t at the other board and its members all the time, but the comments are still visible in P1's group and we're talking about a person who lost a ton of time and dedication for these awards. Awards that were win, last year, exactly by P1, who got exposure from that. Prime1 is not a one-man-company of course so the decision might be rushed by a single individual, but still.

Yeah and people are canceling their P1 preorders over it. I mean goddamn cut the high school BS and just give me my statues.

No kidding lol. I'm certainly not canceling a pre-order and boycotting simply because of a rift one company has with a forum over awards.

Magneto has all sorts of controversy. lmao!! The guy that put together the StatueForum awards got kicked out of Prime 1's group because P1 was sour that their Optimus Prime statue lost to Magneto. :lol

Yeah and people are canceling their P1 preorders over it. I mean goddamn cut the high school BS and just give me my statues.

Woh. Seriously? You sure there isn't more to it than that?

I'm going to have a look over there :lol

There's always two sides to the story

Not really. I get that you try to throw s--t at the other board and its members all the time, but the comments are still visible in P1's group and we're talking about a person who lost a ton of time and dedication for these awards. Awards that were win, last year, exactly by P1, who got exposure from that. Prime1 is not a one-man-company of course so the decision might be rushed by a single individual, but still.

The issue is that Prime1 reps have attributed words to Kris (Bmutha) that he never said, and band him based on those words. I believe the term they accused him of using was "rabid losers", and you won't find those words anywhere, but they still banned him under that pretense. The other issue is that the controversy is also based in part on the fact that the votes aren't public... which is easy enough to do on a vBulletin board. So you get the accusations thrown that there was collusion involved, and I believe that some have even gone as far as insinuating that Kris got bribed by XM to ensure they would win, which is total ********. However, when you have a forum that is as closely tied to one company as SF (lets be honest this one is tied to SSC) is to XM there will be accusations of impropriety if everything is not clear and transparent. I also know that part of the problem is that Prime 1 believed they should have more statues eligible for the vote, but the reviewers over at SF had instituted a cut off date for the releases that had passed.

As for whether Magneto should have won??? For me the answer is no, but that is because I have seen statues of characters I much prefer with a very high level of execution and design that left a much bigger impression on me then he did when I saw him in person, and before anyone thinks I am going to automatically shill for SSC I can honestly say that after seeing IronStudios Iron Man THAT should have gotten my vote this year, but I hadn't seen it till this past weekend.

The right statue won statue of the year as far as I'm concerned and I'll let 2 parties that are having a disagreement work it out themselves. No way I'm canceling my Prime 1 Deathstroke.

The right statue won statue of the year as far as I'm concerned and I'll let 2 parties that are having a disagreement work it out themselves. No way I'm canceling my Prime 1 Deathstroke.

Yeah, and obviously a lot of other people agreed with you...lol. I think that is cool that people who own him love him so much. It must make looking at him everyday that much more satisfying.

I think the right piece won. Magneto completely changed the collecting landscape. I would argue he even rejuvenated the hobby. I know i was in a rut at the time. Bored of ss and dissapointed with QC and Bowen fell off the map, Koto was too small then bam! Magneto! XM! 1/4 competition. I also think ss responded with better pieces and now our hobby is humming again with great offers from multiple companies

I think the right piece won. Magneto completely changed the collecting landscape. I would argue he even rejuvenated the hobby. I know i was in a rut at the time. Bored of ss and dissapointed with QC and Bowen fell off the map, Koto was too small then bam! Magneto! XM! 1/4 competition. I also think ss responded with better pieces and now our hobby is humming again with great offers from multiple companies

Very well put.

Truthfully I considered voting for Prime 1's Optimus Prime, but when you factor in the retail price, he's way overpriced by Prime 1 / SS, If Optimus was around $1200 instead of $2300 I might of voted for him... I don't count Ebay aftermarket prices so if you were able to get Magneto for the retail price + shipping your looking at $800-$900, IMO when you factor in price Magneto walks away with it IMO...

I'm hoping next year SF will consider separating statues by price instead of scale size.

Very well put.

I agree with izeroi. Extremely well put. It seems like that Magneto made everyone up their game. While the OP from Prime 1 is cool I guess I struggle with the new look Transformers anyway. Their Batman statues are much more impressive to me. On for the record I miss Randy Bowen and the Kucharek brothers and their statues. I hope they make their way back into business.

Very well put.

I agree with izeroi. Extremely well put. It seems like that Magneto made everyone up their game. While the OP from Prime 1 is cool I guess I struggle with the new look Transformers anyway. Their Batman statues are much more impressive to me. On for the record I miss Randy Bowen and the Kucharek brothers and their statues. I hope they make their way back into business.

I completely agree. I see XM Mags as a game changer as well.

Back