XM Studios Magneto

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i wouldn't take any transformers over magneto lol…no way in hell…at 3k guys its not about what else you could do with the money its about getting what u want..hell thats like 7 PF's right..but its one magneto…

i wouldn't take any transformers over magneto lol…no way in hell…at 3k guys its not about what else you could do with the money its about getting what u want..hell thats like 7 PF's right..but its one magneto…

At 3K, I gladly take Prime1 stuff... I can have all 4 TMNT over 1 Magneto. Just me :)

Yeah that stare down pic just needs a minature chess board or war table placed in there and I would be happy :)

Is a game of snap out of the question?

Imagine the arguments after being to slow to react :lol

I think its kind of wrong to put everyone selling it into the "flippers" category. I myself sold this for a pretty penny, not because I really wanted to, but because I had to. The dilemma the seller faces ( I sold mine on a local board not Ebay) is that , if people keep offering lots of money for it, why on earth would anyone knock that back? I know I had 3 guys actually all trying to out bid against each other before I even had the statue. So it offers up a crazy scenario, where someone offers to buy your statue at the listed price , then one guy comes over the top, then another over him, then another.....

Then I had guys giving me **** because of this, THEN I had guys wanting to buy it who I 100% knew they were going to re-flip it (Or I knew they already had one). It's a crazy crazy scenario to be in let me tell you. I even had guys from overseas somehow catch wind of it.

I've always been a man of my word, but in this particular case I personally felt I was throwing money out the window. So you could say it's not just the people selling it that are the vultures, it's the people buying it too.

I think this particular type of thing doesn't happen very often and Magneto is a special case. Most of the time things are normal in the collecting business, but this piece opened up my eyes for sure. Funny thing is 3 months before release I had it up for $1700 and no one had a bite, then the madness of the internet brewed everyone up into the perfect storm and it's still happening.

Great piece though, had a sneak at the box art and sculpt before shipping it on. Very impressive. Feels like a high end collectible. Sideshow are not even in the same league.

Yeah I hear ya solarsailor. Seller's didn't set these crazy prices, buyers did and thus sellers want to take advantage, because most collectors can use $2500-3000 more than they can a cool Magneto statue. I've been tempted to sell mine too. I am tempted to sell it for as much as I can with the hope it is a momentary madness causing close to $3k prices and that I can save $1800-2k of it and buy it back later on. But I'm not taking that risk with this piece. I'll only sell it if I have to pay the rent with it... so a lot will have to go wrong for me to part with it.

Yeah I hear ya solarsailor. Seller's didn't set these crazy prices, buyers did and thus sellers want to take advantage, because most collectors can use $2500-3000 more than they can a cool Magneto statue. I've been tempted to sell mine too. I am tempted to sell it for as much as I can with the hope it is a momentary madness causing close to $3k prices and that I can save $1800-2k of it and buy it back later on. But I'm not taking that risk with this piece. I'll only sell it if I have to pay the rent with it... so a lot will have to go wrong for me to part with it.

Yeah, I'm unsure how it will go, but I can't ever see this dropping below $2500. I've witnessed many times people laughing at high prices only for it to get even more crazy when they all disappear from the internet, then people say "I wish I bought that at the time". Especially since these are numbered, then you've got the coin too. So many reasons this one will just never drop. Unless the magic of digital printing lets us all churn out whatever we want, then one day this piece will make a handy key ring holder....!

I sold mine because I'm having another wee one, so it was a totally legit reason. I did by myself the Superman Premium Format to ease the pain though!

Back