XM Studios Magneto

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think its kind of wrong to put everyone selling it into the "flippers" category. I myself sold this for a pretty penny, not because I really wanted to, but because I had to. The dilemma the seller faces ( I sold mine on a local board not Ebay) is that , if people keep offering lots of money for it, why on earth would anyone knock that back? I know I had 3 guys actually all trying to out bid against each other before I even had the statue. So it offers up a crazy scenario, where someone offers to buy your statue at the listed price , then one guy comes over the top, then another over him, then another.....

Then I had guys giving me **** because of this, THEN I had guys wanting to buy it who I 100% knew they were going to re-flip it (Or I knew they already had one). It's a crazy crazy scenario to be in let me tell you. I even had guys from overseas somehow catch wind of it.

I've always been a man of my word, but in this particular case I personally felt I was throwing money out the window. So you could say it's not just the people selling it that are the vultures, it's the people buying it too.

I think this particular type of thing doesn't happen very often and Magneto is a special case. Most of the time things are normal in the collecting business, but this piece opened up my eyes for sure. Funny thing is 3 months before release I had it up for $1700 and no one had a bite, then the madness of the internet brewed everyone up into the perfect storm and it's still happening.

Great piece though, had a sneak at the box art and sculpt before shipping it on. Very impressive. Feels like a high end collectible. Sideshow are not even in the same league.

Lots of folks are quick to label someone as a flipper...

What's funny is that when those same people sell their own property, and sell it at a healthy profit, they don't consider themselves flippers. They are simply "helping out a fellow collector". The hypocrisy is overwhelming...

I have said it before, and I will say it again. I think it's absolute BS when folks tend believe in the free market / capitalism only when it benefits them personally. When it comes to being able to sell their own products for maximum profits, or score a great deal on buying collectibles for themselves...those folks love the free market system. But when something they want is out of their price range...then come the cries of "real collectors are being hurt", "real collectors are being taken advantage of", or "those flippers should not be allowed to sell at such crazy prices". Those same collectors, the ones who are so concerned about defending their fellow real collectors....conveniently forget that real collectors are the ones who bid up the price of products like XM's Magneto.

Yeah, I'm unsure how it will go, but I can't ever see this dropping below $2500. I've witnessed many times people laughing at high prices only for it to get even more crazy when they all disappear from the internet, then people say "I wish I bought that at the time". Especially since these are numbered, then you've got the coin too. So many reasons this one will just never drop. Unless the magic of digital printing lets us all churn out whatever we want, then one day this piece will make a handy key ring holder....!

I sold mine because I'm having another wee one, so it was a totally legit reason. I did by myself the Superman Premium Format to ease the pain though!

No legit reason needed, even if someone is a flipper it's like any other occupation, money's money

Lots of folks are quick to label someone as a flipper...

What's funny is that when those same people sell their own property, and sell it at a healthy profit, they don't consider themselves flippers. They are simply "helping out a fellow collector". The hypocrisy is overwhelming...

I have said it before, and I will say it again. I think it's absolute BS when folks tend believe in the free market / capitalism only when it benefits them personally. When it comes to being able to sell their own products for maximum profits, or score a great deal on buying collectibles for themselves...those folks love the free market system. But when something they want is out of their price range...then come the cries of "real collectors are being hurt", "real collectors are being taken advantage of", or "those flippers should not be allowed to sell at such crazy prices". Those same collectors, the ones who are so concerned about defending their fellow real collectors....conveniently forget that real collectors are the ones who bid up the price of products like XM's Magneto.

Indeed, envy is ugly. As long as there's demand and people willing to pay who cares

VERY VERY VERY few people are "flippers" as the demonization of the term means, ppl who don't care about collecting and are just out to make a buck. It exists but it's a bogey man more than a reality. I get so tired of anyone complaining about anything when it comes to flipping or reselling or whatever. We've almost all been in every pair of shoes at some point in this hobby; getting a good deal, helping out another collector, selling something at a huge mark up, buying something at a huge markup, buying something to keep and deciding to sell later and buying one or two of something specifically to sell or trade. I don't really assign value judgments to any of this.

VERY VERY VERY few people are "flippers" as the demonization of the term means, ppl who don't care about collecting and are just out to make a buck. It exists but it's a bogey man more than a reality. I get so tired of anyone complaining about anything when it comes to flipping or reselling or whatever. We've almost all been in every pair of shoes at some point in this hobby; getting a good deal, helping out another collector, selling something at a huge mark up, buying something at a huge markup, buying something to keep and deciding to sell later and buying one or two of something specifically to sell or trade. I don't really assign value judgments to any of this.

:clap:goodpost::clap

The people I personally don't like and personally feel ARE "flippers" are the ones who buy up art prints and not 5 minutes after the print is listed as sold out, put it up on eBay for triple the price. THOSE are flippers and people like that can go **** off. THOSE people aren't in it for the passion or the hobby. They are in it with one goal in mind and that's to make money. Same thing would go for the statue/figure collecting community, but it's definitely more rare. It's done, yes, but it's more rare. If someone pre-orders something then life gets in the way, I have no problem with them making some money off it if they can. Fine by me. But buy something limited, put in on eBay right after it sells out, and now you're **** to me.

The people I personally don't like and personally feel ARE "flippers" are the ones who buy up art prints and not 5 minutes after the print is listed as sold out, put it up on eBay for triple the price. THOSE are flippers and people like that can go **** off. THOSE people aren't in it for the passion or the hobby. They are in it with one goal in mind and that's to make money. Same thing would go for the statue/figure collecting community, but it's definitely more rare. It's done, yes, but it's more rare. If someone pre-orders something then life gets in the way, I have no problem with them making some money off it if they can. Fine by me. But buy something limited, put in on eBay right after it sells out, and now you're **** to me.

Preach marker...100% on point. Those art print "flippers" are the extreme for sure, in it for strictly monetary reasons and nothing else.

Besides with the es on most statues now days. People buying in hope for sold out and instantly sell for profit, don't really work now IMO.

I think it's an absolute positive to make money off your collection down the road, my guess is most of us do it at some point. I get pumped when my collection, most of which I don't plan on selling, increases in value.

With the art prints there really is a lot of frustration because ebay will be loaded with the same print at double cost and none of them ever sell. I would guess if you're the artist it's probably disappointing that your work isn't being enjoyed. I never get mad though, I just think, what a dbag.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Speaking of Prince is anyone going to frame the magneto print? It's a bit on the small side but I think it looks really nice. I probably will have it framed down the road.

Speaking of Prince is anyone going to frame the magneto print? It's a bit on the small side but I think it looks really nice. I probably will have it framed down the road.

I plan on framing it for sure, I actually ordered a bunch of magneto art to accompany this, if I'm going to invest this much in him I need to give him a proper background etc

Magneto has arrived...

What a BEAST!!!

FB_IMG_1424259074708_zps136baeb1.jpg

FB_IMG_1424259079222_zps68d8caba.jpg

FB_IMG_1424259083618_zpsbccbce70.jpg

FB_IMG_1424259089113_zps3d2cb9a2.jpg

FB_IMG_1424259101711_zps4c8e89b2.jpg

FB_IMG_1424259110940_zps683c5c82.jpg

FB_IMG_1424259114462_zpsf47c7d74.jpg

FB_IMG_1424259118292_zpsca5a89a4.jpg

FB_IMG_1424259123934_zpsbb665984.jpg

Believe the hype people... It is that good

Congrats man! Looks great.

I placed Magneto on a display in the entryway of my condo and every morning before I leave to work he still catches my eye. I pause for a moment and stare. The same thing happens when I arrive back home.

Magneto just has amazing presence and I'm still in awe. My favorite piece that I own, by far.

Mags just turned out so great. It seems like every owner has reported receiving a near flawless statue. Congrats to all Mags owners!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Incoming today, I'm so giddy! I want to stare at Mags everyday too like you guys...

I'm with you, Yeek!!

It's on a FedEx truck today out for delivery! Hell yea!! Mine is almost home!

Congrats to all of you that are receiving your XM Mags. You are about to enter a whole new world. Especially if this is your 1st XM piece. I know most of you have heard how great XM merch is but...seeing is believing.

Back