XM Studios Magneto

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I hear you about the helmet not being comic accurate in reference to Jim Lee but neither is his suit. Thanos and Wolverine are not comic accurate re their suits either. I for one don't mind the XM take on them and will own all regardless. :)

I agree with you completely , none of these are 100 percent comic accurate. It is nice that they have put their own style into each one of their pieces. It has created a very cohesive look for the entire line IMO

I hear you about the helmet not being comic accurate in reference to Jim Lee but neither is his suit. Thanos and Wolverine are not comic accurate re their suits either. I for one don't mind the XM take on them and will own all regardless. :)

Well, I'm not talking about styling, only the fit. I have no problem with the styling of the helmet itself...it looks great, and the metallic paint looks awesome.

Sorry I wasn't specific about referring to the helmet fit but I was just pointing out that XM doesn't necessarily conform to comic accuracy.
Don't mean to come across adversely B. I would still take the helmet closer to the eyes and lower on the nose....however all in all this statue blows my mind just the way it is.

Exactly! As is, this piece is a mind-blower ...

Its almost to the point where the fear right now is any further minor tweaks might ruin it.

It's like everyone in one cohesive breath is saying "it's perfect ...don't touch it ...just leave it ...don't even think about it!" LOL

Its almost to the point where the fear right now is any further minor tweaks might ruin it.

It's like everyone in one cohesive breath is saying "it's perfect ...don't touch it ...just leave it ...don't even think about it!" LOL

Agreed but if there is any company that you can trust will IMPROVE a sculpt with a tweak at this point it would be XM. They aren't in the business of ruining their great statues. I'm confident this will continue to blow minds if any tweaks are made at this point although I can't see them changing much.

Oh I definitely agree with you. I have absolute confidence in XM. More so now with Eric on board.

I was just referring to the "if it ain't broke don't fix it" mentality with this piece. It's gorgeous as is.

Don't mean to come across adversely B. I would still take the helmet closer to the eyes and lower on the nose....however all in all this statue blows my mind just the way it is.

I'm not taking anything personally :hi5:

The way I look at it is that they have this design in their back pocket. If they make changes or try to tweak and it doesn't turn out, it's not like they're stuck with it. It couldn't hurt to try and get a better fitting helmet...or try whatever other tweaks they have in mind.

Not sure if anyone seen this but I just came across a short interview with Brian from XM Studios on Youtube from STGCC. It shows very brief video of Magneto and Wolverine, but I wish they had close ups of Thanos and Phoenix. :(

Fast forward to 15:30 minutes in.

Yes do Invincible please!

Honestly though if they do get the DC license I would love to see some Wildstorm characters get statues done. I love the Authority and Wildcats I would be so in for some quality products of those characters. I know I am prob in the minority :(

Yes do Invincible please!

Honestly though if they do get the DC license I would love to see some Wildstorm characters get statues done. I love the Authority and Wildcats I would be so in for some quality products of those characters. I know I am prob in the minority :(

Spawn is the obvious Image character, but I'd buy a Tony Chu statue, too!

In all seriousness, I think we can all pretty safely guess what the 'other' comic license is.

Spawn is the obvious Image character, but I'd buy a Tony Chu statue, too!

In all seriousness, I think we can all pretty safely guess what the 'other' comic license is.

Did someone say image? :lecture

Pitt_no._2_(comic_book_cover_art).jpg

3462484-550w_comics_savage_dragon.jpg

Please be Image and not DC. :)

I would love a Maxx statue and some Saga characters.

For DC, I'd buy Batman, a few Batman villains and that would be it. But of course it will be DC.

Back