XM Studios Magneto

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well SS has been raising it's prices for a few years now, PF's were $350 and now the average price is $400+ .... The few 1:4 scale statues that SS has done that are really detailed like Predator 2 are like $1200 so SS does have some statues in that price range.. IMO, SS really can't raise the price on their PF's much more without raising quality and details a lot more also... otherwise nobody will buy their stuff...

Yeah I am pretty much in agreement here, but when they hit it out of the part, GHulk for example, they put out an amazingly detailed product for less than an XM piece. However, they do not do so consistently, but that is where the "buy it or don't" comment comes in. XM appears to be very consistent, and that will bring a lot of collectors over to them as long as they keep it up.

I want to give a huge shout out and thank you to TCSC (Kenny). He was able to secure me a Magneto with a coin. If any of you guys are still trying to get one pm him. He is top notch. I don't know if he can get you one with a coin but he may be able to at least get you a Magneto...and ultimately that's what it's all about. Kayorzz and Scoots were also very responsive and were willing to help me get a Magneto but they were out of coins at the time. I've learned my lesson on waiting for the US retailers to get or put up stock. I was almost left on the side of the road. I will lock up future XM purchases for the hot items through one of them.

Nice!!! I'm genuinely happy to hear that. :clap

I want to give a huge shout out and thank you to TCSC (Kenny). He was able to secure me a Magneto with a coin. If any of you guys are still trying to get one pm him. He is top notch. I don't know if he can get you one with a coin but he may be able to at least get you a Magneto...and ultimately that's what it's all about. Kayorzz and Scoots were also very responsive and were willing to help me get a Magneto but they were out of coins at the time. I've learned my lesson on waiting for the US retailers to get or put up stock. I was almost left on the side of the road. I will lock up future XM purchases for the hot items through one of them.
Glad to hear you secured yourself a Magneto, and with a coin too! These guys in Singapore are doing us all a HUGE favor!

So you did get one from him? I thought for sure you missed. Congrats on securing this. I'll have to go back to Kenny and ask how you were able to get that coin

Positive vibes sent! It will be official in production. Can't see XM not making sure of it with their first instant sellout! :wave

I know this sounds unrealistic, but this should be the piece that they have their master painters check JUST to be sure the paint job is up to snuff. Especially the facial sculpt. Now that I say it though, unrealistic or not, I think they are going to do that. This is to big to FUBAR it.

Yeah I am pretty much in agreement here, but when they hit it out of the part, GHulk for example, they put out an amazingly detailed product for less than an XM piece. However, they do not do so consistently, but that is where the "buy it or don't" comment comes in. XM appears to be very consistent, and that will bring a lot of collectors over to them as long as they keep it up.

No doubt. I am waiting on 6 very particular PO's from SS, Conan Rage being one "no surprise there" and I expect they will be top notch. Not happy about my Supes PFX though, still waiting.

Xm has consistently compelled me to order their statues with the fresh AD and creativity they've displayed on just about all of their pieces.

Well SS has been raising it's prices for a few years now, PF's were $350 and now the average price is $400+ .... The few 1:4 scale statues that SS has done that are really detailed like Predator 2 are like $1200 so SS does have some statues in that price range.. IMO, SS really can't raise the price on their PF's much more without raising quality and details a lot more also... otherwise nobody will buy their stuff...

:exactly: Escalating prices further while maintaining their current level of *cough* quality*cough* will only result in people continuing to pass on them and wait for XM to tackle it. Planet Hulk got the usual bait-n-switch routine from proto > product with a cheap sash/skirt, many arrived with googly painted eyes, broken helmet feathers, and broken parts elsewhere - and that is considered a 'home run' by SSC standards.

No doubt. I am waiting on 6 very particular PO's from SS, Conan Rage being one "no surprise there" and I expect they will be top notch. Not happy about my Supes PFX though, still waiting.

Xm has consistently compelled me to order their statues with the fresh AD and creativity they've displayed on just about all of their pieces.

Yep their AD is fantastic. There have been a couple of things that I think could have been changed here and there, but overall that is the artist in me talking. The fact is their pieces are some of the best designs I have seen, and they show no signs of slowing down.

Yep their AD is fantastic. There have been a couple of things that I think could have been changed here and there, but overall that is the artist in me talking. The fact is their pieces are some of the best designs I have seen, and they show no signs of slowing down.

Part of me wishes they would. They are encroaching on my reserved Conan space. :lol

:clap Congrats on securing a Mags! Are a lot of people using Scoots now? I heard his/her name one time but never read anything since.

Part of me wishes they would. They are encroaching on my reserved Conan space. :lol

OH I do too. Honestly, with the teases for Spidey and Bats, as well as a few others I know of, I am totally in standby mode. I don't even know if I could get them done... but I am like Andy with a new Iron Man tease....

11-overly-excited.gif

Just wanted to say thanks to Kenny for helping me out with this preorder also. Great guy to deal with and great communication. Came through for me when I had lost all hope of getting this. Will be doing business with him again!

OH I do too. Honestly, with the teases for Spidey and Bats, as well as a few others I know of, I am totally in standby mode. I don't even know if I could get them done... but I am like Andy with a new Iron Man tease....

11-overly-excited.gif
Wait, there are teases for Spidey and BMB?

Sent from the Cockpit of the Millenium Falcon

Thanks to all you guys that have been messaging me on leads to find a Magneto and wishing me luck. It's a really great community on both forums. Nice to share the same interests with others. Lord knows most of my friends and family don't get it...lol. I'd love to sit down and have a few drinks with most of you guys. If any are in the Greensboro NC area PM me or ever come through pm me.

Scoots must be getting tons of requests. His PM Box is full and not excepting new PMs. I'm really interested in the XM Thanos. Scoots if you can help me send me a PM. Any help or information would be much appreciated.

Wait, there are teases for Spidey and BMB?

Sent from the Cockpit of the Millenium Falcon

Yeppers ... Twice on FB XM has teased Spiderman. One as recently as last night were they said that they and Eric Sosa would be giving fans a Spiderman. As for Batman, apparently when responding to a thread about peoples favorite XM sculpts Eric Sosa responded "Batman", and seeing as he has just come one as XMs art director I can only assume he has a Batman sculpt already for an eventual DC announcement.

Back