XM Studios Magneto

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
well the art project from ssc or xm can only better not worse in times.
because they are getting bigger and bigger in size so they can put more details on the sculpt and also the more profit they can make, in theory they can hire more talented people to produce higher end product....so missing magneto maybe only the short term pain for the collectors but in long run some new statue will overcome the pain.... I believe the only matter is if we have enough space and money to acquire and display them all.
I have never sell any of my statue collection for a long time....probably over 16-17 years (since I started working after school) =P

Still waiting response from kayorzz to see if he could locate one for me.... was a little lucky that I placed a pre-order from him for a second trench on Aug 7
never expected he can be sold out in 1 day.

Big warning signal of Sideshow.... since collectors only tracing the highest qualify products.... $$ usually is the 2nd factor for consideration only.... a smaller Edition size truly will heat up the forum and statue flippers will start joining the pre-ordering and find deals to make $$.

I can expect to see it will getting harder and harder to obtain future release from XM.

well the art project from ssc or xm can only better not worse in times.
because they are getting bigger and bigger in size so they can put more details on the sculpt and also the more profit they can make, in theory they can hire more talented people to produce higher end product....so missing magneto maybe only the short term pain for the collectors but in long run some new statue will overcome the pain.... I believe the only matter is if we have enough space and money to acquire and display them all.
I have never sell any of my statue collection for a long time....probably over 16-17 years (since I started working after school) =P

Still waiting response from kayorzz to see if he could locate one for me.... was a little lucky that I placed a pre-order from him for a second trench on Aug 7
never expected he can be sold out in 1 day.

Big warning signal of Sideshow.... since collectors only tracing the highest qualify products.... $$ usually is the 2nd factor for consideration only.... a smaller Edition size truly will heat up the forum and statue flippers will start joining the pre-ordering and find deals to make $$.

I can expect to see it will getting harder and harder to obtain future release from XM.

Even if people sell SS pieces to fund XM statues it won't be enough cash to buy many XM statues and long term you still need more and more money .Looks like u have to be very rich to afford to keep buying XM pieces ....this expensive hobby just got even more expensive!

If they announce a DC license I may have to sell off most of my collection to make room for what is to come. I am always game for more awesome Spidey goodness as well

Same may be selling most of sideshow stuff to fund xm statues, shows that people are willing to pay more for better qc and quality, I stare at my Xm Cap everday when I walk by just has that glow of glory...

All the teases from them on FB, and from Sosa... Well ... You might as well start selling them now....lol

Got an email confirmation today so it looks like i have Magneto secured as well. For $1000US plus shipping, I'm at a loss as to whether I'll be able to afford it, however. 3 other statues or this one...hmmm...

Got an email confirmation today so it looks like i have Magneto secured as well. For $1000US plus shipping, I'm at a loss as to whether I'll be able to afford it, however. 3 other statues or this one...hmmm...

If you are a Magneto fan you don't want to pass on this one. The secondary price will soar above $1k once released. I'm not sure your 3:1 statue comparison is accurate. Most 1/4 scale SS statues are at least $400 plus shipping. I get what your saying though. With so much coming there's some tuff choices to be made. I just wouldn't pass on this though.

Last edited:
If you your a Magneto fan you don't want to pass on this one. The secondary price will soar above $1k once released. I'm not sure your 3:1 statue comparison is accurate. Most 1/4 scale SS statues are at least $400 plus shipping. I get what your saying though. With so much coming there's some tuff choices to be made. I just wouldn't pass on this though.

The 1/3 is pretty close. You figure the average PF is $400 plus say $40 shipping... So 3 PFs would run your about $1350. Mags at $1000 plus about $200-$250 for shipping from SG. So yeah 3 average PFs would cost you about $150 more. However, while that is a consideration I think the better question is, how much do you want this AMAZING Magneto statue in your collection? If you desperately want to have him in your collection then you put down your money. Unless he is damaged somehow you will NEVER lose the money you put into him. This will most likely be the definitive 1/4 magneto statue. So that is all I think fans of his need to know.

Doom runs 2700 now a days. Captain America 1600. Grey Hulk 2700. Thor 1600. Spiderman CQ 1500. All of these statues were 300 to 400 at one point. Put things in perspective. 1000 is nothing compared to what this Mags will run years from now

Doom runs 2700 now a days. Captain America 1600. Grey Hulk 2700. Thor 1600. Spiderman CQ 1500. All of these statues were 300 to 400 at one point. Put things in perspective. 1000 is nothing compared to what this Mags will run years from now

Oh he will double in the aftermarket fairly quickly. Probably shortly after release. It is just the question of what you are willing to pay for it now. Of course if you aren't a fan of it once you get it in hand you could always sell it at a handsome profit either here or on the Bay (though scammers would scare the heck out of me with this one). Every collector has to make up their own mind.

It's a great time to be a collector no doubt. So many choices. Now if I can only win a lotto...lol

The lotto is the important part XM has said themselves that all of these fine pieces of art are coming out by the end of 2015... The sheer magnitude (lol) of awesome that is coming out is going to make it very hard for many... lol

The lotto is the important part XM has said themselves that all of these fine pieces of art are coming out by the end of 2015... The sheer magnitude (lol) of awesome that is coming out is going to make it very hard for many... lol

Yea there is no way I can keep get that many by the end of 2015. I will have to be very careful...

Thanos is a must and then I really want to see a few of the others but we shall see.

Thanos is my next can't miss. I'll probably get Wolverine. Thor is a strong consideration depending on the painted pics reveal. Hawkeye looks great but I can't by everything. Black Widow looks good but again I can't buy everything.

Really wanted this badly. Just can't spend that kind of money right now, while I'm waiting to close on my house. It's a shame too, because this is the only Magneto you would ever need.

Yea there is no way I can keep get that many by the end of 2015. I will have to be very careful...

Thanos is a must and then I really want to see a few of the others but we shall see.

Plus the others that are coming. Those who say they are most likely going to sell their SSC collections to get these may vary well be doing just that.

Thanos is my next can't miss. I'll probably get Wolverine. Thor is a strong consideration depending on the painted pics reveal. Hawkeye looks great but I can't by everything. Black Widow looks good but again I can't buy everything.

You getting Spiderman???? .... lol.

A good plan. I'm already in on Thanos and Wolverine and will be for sure getting Hawkeye and Thor. I know Hawkeye isn't getting much spotlight with other heavy hitters going up for PO around the same time but I think it is a damn near perfect representation of comic Hawkeye. Also I know Thors paint isn't done but I'm loving the pose and have faith XMS will knock out the paint.

Hawkeye is slowly growing on me. He will be one I would consider down the line if it stays around at a reasonable price but I'm not going to start selling off stuff to afford him.

Sticking with just the ladies, which I don't mind. Plenty of space too, considering when they release, I'm all for BW, waiting for Ms. Marvel; and Elektra, She-Hulk are givens for me. Medusa will have to be shown for me to consider, and hopefully when Phoenix comes, she's joining the party for sure.

The XM
Wolverine
Phoenix
Thanos
Thor
Black widow
Magneto

All are must haves. I just wished the vendors in the USA can get more of these. It will be so hard to get a magneto now. Too bad I didn't even know about PO day :(

Back