XM Studios Magneto

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Very true. Captain America was a warning and some of us headed it. How many people were on here gaming...oh im gonna save all this money by waiting and seeing and comparing all my options. XM is expensive. XM is quality. If you want one, you should get one when available. If not, its cool, not the end of the world. SS will eventually do a PJ Magneto

I'm not entirely sure that's fair. We didn't even know the price of this thing until yesterday, did we? I saw speculation all over the place on that. If it had been $1200 or $1300, I would have passed, and I didn't want to pre-order (especially at a place where I couldn't get my deposit back) until I knew how much it would be. Unfortunately, as soon as it went up, it sold out almost instantly.

I expected it to sell out, and I expected it to go faster than Captain America, but I had no inkling it would sell out quite this fast. I feel fortunate to have snagged one.

Edit: And I will say I can sympathize with at least one point the critics on Facebook are making. They should have sent out a notice that this thing would be going up for pre-order. The first I heard of it was an e-mail at 5:22 AM basically saying "Hey, we sold out...." That was a nasty surprise. I hope for future releases there's a little bit more forewarning.

$902 shipped but not incl any US customs fees & whatnot.

Speaking of customs do we know what that will be like? I have very little experience with customs. Anything I order from Japan has never been hit with it

Speaking of customs do we know what that will be like? I have very little experience with customs. Anything I order from Japan has never been hit with it

i have 0 basis but couple ppl from SF forums said they got hit with a $38 customs fee from fedex when they ordered a Cap at secretcompass weeks after delivery. someone else quoted a high price of 20% of the item value > $350. Praying thats not right, gonna look it up after work (which wont be soon! thanks to stupid magneto)

...jk magneto--

i have 0 basis but couple ppl from SF forums said they got hit with a $38 customs fee from fedex when they ordered a Cap at secretcompass weeks after delivery. someone else quoted a high price of 20% of the item value > $350. Praying thats not right, gonna look it up after work (which wont be soon! thanks to stupid magneto)

...jk magneto--

Ok thanks please share any information you find :)

Ok thanks please share any information you find :)

When I ordered my XM Cap from Secretcompass it was dropped shipped by Fedex and arrived in six days. About two weeks later I got a bill from Fedex for $38 for Duty/import fees.

Just got through this thread..wow. Through luck ( wasn't monitoring events here) I have secured this piece with coin from simply toys as I had already pre-ordered BW through them and was waiting for them to list...I understand peoples feeling on this policy but its a nice reward for repeat custom from my point of view.

This being sold out is not tight :(

81b8736db55fa2552536df41339d1bb6ed4df7a4640d6e1924e5e02f5dbd5317.jpg

No hope for us in the UK just had an email from local supplier that there is a very low chance of getting them�😐😐

From Facebook:
"I'm located outside the countries you can sell to. I think you guys need a better PO system in place as most of the buyers didnt know when this would be put for PO. I thought it was going to be put for PO and showcased during the SGTCC. Now its sold out already what is the point for showcasing if its already sold out and not available to the public. Basically i thought the PO will be available so that when people see it at SGTCC they can put down a deposit for it. Then after the conclusion of the convention you would make it available on your site and made it available to everyone else. Also advance notice of like a few days to a week on fb would of help a lot of us out. As you didnt mention anything about it and just randomly put it up for PO."

:slap:slap:slap:slap:slap:slap:slap:slap:slap

A thought.

Since so many collectors are going crazy for XM STUDIOS products (& rightfully so), why don't we as a group send SS some detailed pics of XM products, sign a petition, & kindly demand/request/suggest/beg that this is the quality of sculpt we expect from SS going forward? I'm sure SS art direction would be blown away impressed with the quality & creativity of XM products, & SS's many talented sculptors would be thrilled to rise to the challenge.

I know it's a long shot, but one I think we should seriously consider. Remember, collectors did manage to kill the 1/5 scale line in favor of !/4 scale, purely on the resolve of fans. Just wish SS would do more 100% sculpted PF's, cause the fantastic potential results speak for themselves.

If we did succeed, no more mad scrambles & still miss out(!), product/shipping would be way cheaper, SS would surely produce plenty of product for all, & we would all feel relief knowing that we helped guide our beloved SS back on the path of greatness.

Now to figure out how to fix their bloody QC issues.

Blah IGNORE my post just saw XM sold out.... well that's a bummer... Also noticed BBTS.com has him up for pre-order but also sold out... I honestly didn't think he would sell out this fast given how long it took the other statues to sell out..

Last edited:
A thought.

Since so many collectors are going crazy for XM STUDIOS products (rightfully so), why don't we as a group send SS some detailed pics of XM products, sign a petition, & kindly demand/request/suggest/beg that this is the quality of sculpt we expect from SS going forward?

I know it's a long shot, but one I think we should seriously consider. Remember, collectors did manage to kill the 1/5 scale line in favor of !/4 scale, purely on the resolve of fans. Just wish SS would do more 100% sculpted PF's, cause the fantastic potential results speak for themselves.

If we did succeed, no more mad scrambles & still miss out(!), product/shipping would be way cheaper, SS would surely produce plenty of product for all, & we would all feel great knowing that we helped guide our beloved SS back on the path of greatness.

Now to figure out how to fix their bloody QC issues.

I somehow do not think this is the right course of action...

Let SSC see there is a demand for other people's product and potentially that they are losing sales because of this naturally. In theory that means SSC will try to figure out why this is and it will create competition between the two. Telling someone DO THIS never works. Aside from that you want to let SSC express their own creativity you never know what they may come up with. They still create some fantastic pieces IMO.

I know this is a pretty awesome statue but it still doesn't make much sense, Capt. took awhile to sell out, Hulk and all the other status are still not sold out yet... makes me wonder if you had a lot of people buying multiples to flip them on Ebay...

Nope Dan, the main thing is that this is the big bad, the man, the king ****.

There exists no true 1/4th scale Magneto, everyone wants this and no one was providing it. Not only is XM putting this out on the market before anyone else did, they knocked the sculpt out of the ****ing park, hell knocked it out of the county.

Now anyone who releases a Magneto will be held up against this in comparison, just like a Doom is compared to the throne piece.

Back