XM Studios Magneto

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't think we should argue who is better but we should all be happy that these companies are putting out work that makes you debate which to get. Competition is a good healthy thing for the market and it will only help improve products for us the buyers. I want to see more companies come along and give SSC and Hot Toys a run for their money.

Oh I am not saying they would be better Empir just that guys like Andy B, Steve S, and Canale (and I am missing many more) could do Magneto justice is all.

Glad it's up for order and the price is pretty good considering. I just need to decide whether to order directly from XM and pay the US shipping or wait for BBTS or Secret Compass. Any US-based Cap owners have a suggestion?

Unless you have a middleman you can not order direct from XM to the US unless i missed something in the past 12 hours

Empir3 you are totally correct UNLESS nexus is in one of the 4 countries that XM has a license to sell in. If they were to sell directly to anyone in North America it would be grounds to lose their Marvel license.

Oh I am not saying they would be better Empir just that guys like Andy B, Steve S, and Canale (and I am missing many more) could do Magneto justice is all.

Sorry I was not saying you were I was just replying to the ongoing convo heh. There are definitely some great talents over at SSC . My biggest complaint is always worrying what the end result will be with SSC. Like I just got my spidey Comi and its got paint chips and what not. I know its unavoidable to a certain extent but I feel like its always a gamble. Hopefully with more competition they will monitor their QC more.

Sorry I was not saying you were I was just replying to the ongoing convo heh. There are definitely some great talents over at SSC . My biggest complaint is always worrying what the end result will be with SSC. Like I just got my spidey Comi and its got paint chips and what not. I know its unavoidable to a certain extent but I feel like its always a gamble. Hopefully with more competition they will monitor their QC more.

Yep that is a major issue for sure. While more often than not SSC gets it right, there are the nightmares like the new Spidey Com, and Apocalypse. I do hope the rise of competition does encourage SSC to avoid those QC issues. It would be awesome for guys not to have to worry.

I think they need to change the damn factories they're using. That'd probably settle a lot of issues and protect their tankers from Kaiju attacks and they'll be good

Sent from the Cockpit of the Millenium Falcon

I think they need to change the damn factories they're using. That'd probably settle a lot of issues and protect their tankers from Kaiju attacks and they'll be good

If people were willing to pay more, say $100 more a statue, they could probably bring their productions back to North America and avoid a lot of the QC issues that arise from their pieces being shipped from Chine, and allow them to oversee QC personally. I think there would be a lot of guys who would go for it.

can't wait to order this.

As for SS, no doubt they have the talent to match this - that isn't the problem - the problem is that the production pieces won't live up to the proto (or at least a good chance they won't) while it's "what you see is what you get" as far as XM is concerned.

:goodpost:

If people were willing to pay more, say $100 more a statue, they could probably bring their productions back to North America and avoid a lot of the QC issues that arise from their pieces being shipped from Chine, and allow them to oversee QC personally. I think there would be a lot of guys who would go for it.

Yea I would prob be in for this. I feel like they don't actually inspect the pieces currently.

Well, Apoc appears to be a one off for Canale, Spidey. He did Gladiator Hulk and Lobo...both rock.

I have to strongly disagree. Not one person who has seen my EX Apoc PF wasn't blown away by it. It's getting rave reviews from peeps that aren't comics fans or know next to nothing about the character. He's a massive BEAST and is impressive to boot. The issue with that piece (and unfortunately other SSC pieces) is QC. QC is the main issue biting SSC on the ass of late. Sure, the Marvel line has always been hit or miss with SSC. With Apoc, the only miss was with QC. I was fortunate enough to receive a good piece and I admire the hell out of it. I know peeps that suffered from QC issues don't agree but for me personally, the Apoc PF is a fantastic PF.

As for an SSC Mags PF...SSC has an incredible stable of artists. Whoever is chosen to sculpt the Mags PF is going to have to seriously bring their "A' game to even match the XM Mags. If we get another Jean Grey or DD effort from SSC on Mags, I don't expect him to be anything special. The biggest problem is that as a whole, SSC's X-Men PF lineup is nothing special. There are one or two pieces that really stand out but the rest of the line is forgettable IMO. No one can really say what a Mags PF will look like. It seems SSC's major focus is CotD and DC. The art direction on SSC's Marvel license is too spotty for my tastes.

While I'm not floored with every XM piece released so far, I am impressed with the quality of their merch. Based off their first 2 releases (Cap & Hulk), XM is off to a great start. This XM Mags will be my 1st XM piece. I just KNOW I'm going to love it. I've waited a long time for a 1/4 Mags. This one will proudly represent the characters in my collection. It gives me great piece of mind to not have to worry about when SSC will finally be releasing a Mags PF or what he'll look like. After I have the XM Mags in my collection, I'm all good.

Last edited:
I think I'd be down as long as they can deliver. For sure

I have to strongly disagree. Not one person who has seen my EX Apoc PF wasn't blown away by it. It's getting rave reviews from peeps that aren't comics fans or know next to nothing about the character. He's a massive BEAST and is impressive to boot. The issue with that piece (and unfortunately other SSC pieces) is QC. QC is the main issue biting SSC on the ass of late. Sure, the Marvel line has always been hit or miss with SSC. With Apoc, the only miss was with QC. I was fortunate enough to receive a good piece and I admire the hell out of it. I know peeps that suffered from QC issues don't agree but for me personally, the Apoc PF is a fantastic PF.

As for an SSC Mags PF...SSC has an incredible stable of artists. Whoever is chosen to sculpt the Mags PF is going to have to seriously bring their "A' game to even match the XM Mags. If we get another Jean Grey or DD effort from SSC on Mags, I don't expect him to be anything special. The biggest problem is that as a whole, SSC's X-Men PF lineup is nothing special. There are one or two pieces that really stand out but the rest of the line is forgettable IMO. No one can really say what a Mags PF will look like. It seems SSC's major focus is CotD and DC. The art direction on SSC's Marvel license is too spotty for my tastes.

While I'm not floored with every XM piece released so far, I am impressed with the quality of their merch. Based off their first 2 releases (Cap & Hulk), XM is off to a great start. This XM mags will be my 1st XM piece. I just KNOW I'm going to love it. I've waited a long time for a 1/4 Mags. This one will proudly represent the characters in my collection. It gives me great piece of mind to not have to worry about when SSC will finaly be releasing a Mags PF or what he'll look like. After I have the XM Mags in my collection, I'm all good.

I gotta give you that. My wife didn't know who Apoc was but she's like I really like him and asked me his background because he looked so intense and diminutive.

You're right about the XM line but aside from some of the horrible QC on Apoc he is probably one of the best pieces (Xmen wise) they've done in a while IMO. If we get another Jean we're ****ed! DD wasn't so bad, the pose could've been better but the sculpt is pretty good man

While I'm not floored with every XM piece released so far, I am impressed with the quality of their merch. Based off their first 2 releases (Cap & Hulk), XM is off to a great start. This XM Mags will be my 1st XM piece. I just KNOW I'm going to love it. I've waited a long time for a 1/4 Mags. This one will proudly represent the characters in my collection. It gives me great piece of mind to not have to worry about when SSC will finally be releasing a Mags PF or what he'll look like. After I have the XM Mags in my collection, I'm all good.

I agree 100%. I guess I was lucky to get a good Apocalypse PF. The statue is extremely well done and everyone who has seen it has been wowed by it. Its shear size alone commands attention.

I think if it was a guarantee of QC and a finished product that matched XMs proto to production standards most would go for it.
For a $100 more and promised QC like the protos I'd be like

groot-dance.gif

ALL DAY!

I gotta give you that. My wife didn't know who Apoc was but she's like I really like him and asked me his background because he looked so intense and diminutive.

You're right about the XM line but aside from some of the horrible QC on Apoc he is probably one of the best pieces (Xmen wise) they've done in a while IMO. If we get another Jean we're ****ed! DD wasn't so bad, the pose could've been better but the sculpt is pretty good man

Yeah, I know you are a fan of the DD PF. I'm just not feeling the piece personally. However, peeps will always have different opinions on art and statues in general. There is no right or wrong opinion when it comes to what we like. I LOVE the modern Thor PF and that piece is getting hammered pretty good because of his face and off hand. I lOVE the way the entire piece looks.

Anyway, when it comes to SSC's Mags PF, I hope they bring their "A" game. After such a ridiculously long wait for it, it would be a bitter disappointment for many if it didn't turn out well. For right now though, I'm just worried about one thing...securing the XM Mags for my collection. That is one piece I can definitely say I'm floored by and it MUST be added to my collection.

Yeah, I know you are a fan of the DD PF. I'm just not feeling the piece personally. However, peeps will always have different opinions on art and statues in general. There is no right or wrong opinion when it comes to what we like. I LOVE the modern Thor PF and that piece is getting hammered pretty good because of his face and off hand. I lOVE the way the entire piece looks.

Anyway, when it comes to SSC's Mags PF, I hope they bring their "A" game. After such a ridiculously long wait for it, it would be a bitter disappointment for many if it didn't turn out well. For right now though, I'm just worried about one thing...securing the XM Mags for my collection. That is one piece I can definitely say I'm floored by and it MUST be added to my collection.

Not really a fan. I was really disappointed to be honest. I'm hoping for a yellow variant lol I just like the way the sculpt looks outside of the overall pose (feel like it was a wasted opportunity). Now Jean I think is a train wreck but again, that's IMO Lol.

The Thor I'm not a fan of but more so because of the hand thing. Also because the EX was such a waste of another awesome opportunity IMO. Other than that I think it's a great statue just not all there for me.

Mags needs to be killed and smashed out of the park, break a windshield sorta skam especially cause we've wait SO long just hope they don't do another Jean or DD on him

Magneto+6.gif

Not really a fan. I was really disappointed to be honest. I'm hoping for a yellow variant lol I just like the way the sculpt looks outside of the overall pose (feel like it was a wasted opportunity). Now Jean I think is a train wreck but again, that's IMO Lol.

The Thor I'm not a fan of but more so because of the hand thing. Also because the EX was such a waste of another awesome opportunity IMO. Other than that I think it's a great statue just not all there for me.

Mags needs to be killed and smashed out of the park, break a windshield sorta skam especially cause we've wait SO long just hope they don't do another Jean or DD on him

Magneto+6.gif

Agreed I am looking for a Yellow Variant as well! Has XM said anything about doing DD?

Agreed I am looking for a Yellow Variant as well! Has XM said anything about doing DD?

Not that I have heard of yet. As of right now it seems like XM only has the license to do Avengers and X-Men characters. I know they do not have the license for Spiderman at this time, so there are obvious limits. I don't know when we might here about the next license if they get it. My knowledge is that the pieces being made currently are part of a two year license, but I am not sure how it works. If the two years goes from when they started production then they have about another year to go as they popped about this time last year. However, if it goes from when their first pieces were received by customers then they should be able to produce pieces for about another year and 9 months ... ish... lol.

Back