XM Studios Magneto

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
XM Studios is wonderful, but you forget that Sideshow have Martin Canale, he's the only one who can do a better Magneto and then will come the great dilemma for those like me who don´t like sell nothing...... 1 or 2 Magneto? :lol

The only problem is that you are assuming Martin will be working on the Mags PF. He may not. The other problem is SSC is very hit or miss with their Marvel pieces. We really have no idea what we'll be getting in a Mags PF. We know exactly what we are getting in the XM Mags. For me personally, if by some chance the PF tops the XM Mags, I'll sell the XM piece. However, this seems inconceivable to me at this point.

I hope the US retailers get some up for po today. I'm curious to see what the price will be from BBTS and SpecFiction. Spec is doing the 15% off but will it be close or under the BBTS price? What do the shipping charges run for Spec?

Here´s the money shot

attachment.php

XM Studios is wonderful, but you forget that Sideshow have Martin Canale, he's the only one who can do a better Magneto and then will come the great dilemma for those like me who don´t like sell nothing...... 1 or 2 Magneto? :lol

I am a HUGE fan of Canale, massive, but it would be VERY VERY hard to top this sculp. Match it ... yeah that is possible, but SSC would have to up their game in the paint department in a MAJOR way if the other two XM production pieces are any indication of the level of work we can expect on this one

So we are getting the straight ahead look since its one of the pics on the XM po page ???

I would assume so. Otherwise it would get them into the same trouble as SSC gets into when the change something after the PO opens.

Here´s the money shot

attachment.php

Agreed, this is the money shot. As for the great Martin Canale(?), these days, I'm not so sure. I was very disappointed with Canale's work on the Apocalypse PF, to such a degree, that I could not believe it was his work! Compared to past work, Apoc lacked detail, tension, & was really a crude, cookie cutter rendition of this great character. Stunning really, as Canale always elevated Olivetti's art work to a whole new level, as he did with Spidey, Venom, & Carnage. Apoc seems like a crude, rushed, unfinished piece of work, with one of the crudest face sculpts I've ever seen, specifically for a Canale sculpt. Hoping this was a one shot misfire from the great Canale, & we can once again be awed by his master skills. To top this Magneto(?), I would think that Pablo Viggiano, ( the other great SS sculptor), would be a better fit.

Now, can't wait for an XM Studios version of Apocalypse, which, without a doubt, will blow our minds.

Here´s the money shot

attachment.php

The correct answer is 3 Magnetos! (1/4 scale Magneto commissioned by FrancoisNoir, XM Magneto and Sideshow Magneto).

Magneto and Captain America are my two favorite anti-hero and hero, so I can never have enough of them.

Agreed, this is the money shot. As for the great Martin Canale(?), these days, I'm not so sure. I was very disappointed with Canale's work on the Apocalypse PF, to such a degree, that I could not believe it was his work! Compared to past work, Apoc lacked detail, tension, & was really a crude, cookie cutter rendition of this great character. Stunning really, as Canale always elevated Olivetti's art work to a whole new level, as he did with Spidey, Venom, & Carnage. Apoc seems like a crude, rushed, unfinished piece of work, with one of the crudest face sculpts I've ever seen, specifically for a Canale sculpt. Hoping this was a one shot misfire from the great Canale, & we can once again be awed by his master skills. To top this Magneto(?), I would think that Pablo Viggiano, ( the other great SS sculptor), would be a better fit.

Now, can't wait for an XM Studios version of Apocalypse, which, without a doubt, will blow our minds.

Good point, but if some can do another great magneto I would say the person who can do it best is Steve who did Wonder Woman. His sculpts are my favorites men and woman. The likeness is spot on for everything.

Nice, glad this is up for PO. Now the wait, only a measly 13 months or so :lol

$820 singapore dollars + 350 singapore dollar shipping is roughly $935. So if you choose freight or ship by sea it'd probably be around $750-800 US Dollars total not too shabby and less than what I'd be paying for Lobo and Dawg EX here in Cali.

Good point, but if some can do another great magneto I would say the person who can do it best is Steve who did Wonder Woman. His sculpts are my favorites men and woman. The likeness is spot on for everything.

Steve Schumacher is knocking everything he does out of the park. He would do a Magneto justice, for sure.

Last edited:
There are several guys at SSC who could do Mags justice to this level.

I don't think we should argue who is better but we should all be happy that these companies are putting out work that makes you debate which to get. Competition is a good healthy thing for the market and it will only help improve products for us the buyers. I want to see more companies come along and give SSC and Hot Toys a run for their money.

can't wait to order this.

As for SS, no doubt they have the talent to match this - that isn't the problem - the problem is that the production pieces won't live up to the proto (or at least a good chance they won't) while it's "what you see is what you get" as far as XM is concerned.

I don't think we should argue who is better but we should all be happy that these companies are putting out work that makes you debate which to get. Competition is a good healthy thing for the market and it will only help improve products for us the buyers. I want to see more companies come along and give SSC and Hot Toys a run for their money.

can't wait to order this.

As for SS, no doubt they have the talent to match this - that isn't the problem - the problem is that the production pieces won't live up to the proto (or at least a good chance they won't) while it's "what you see is what you get" as far as XM is concerned.

Both points well said and I agree 100%

Glad it's up for order and the price is pretty good considering. I just need to decide whether to order directly from XM and pay the US shipping or wait for BBTS or Secret Compass. Any US-based Cap owners have a suggestion?

Glad it's up for order and the price is pretty good considering. I just need to decide whether to order directly from XM and pay the US shipping or wait for BBTS or Secret Compass. Any US-based Cap owners have a suggestion?

Unless you have a middleman you can not order direct from XM to the US unless i missed something in the past 12 hours

Back