XM Studios Magneto

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So a lot of people in some groups have been saying this guy is a lot more inferior to doom throne because the statue itself is meh for Mags whereas doom himself is highly detailed, what do you guys think? I thought Mags was pretty well done here *shrug*

Inferior? No way. I owned Doom and got my money back for him. Pose, throne and chalice was amazing on him. The mixed media fabric is what killed it for me. Im keeping Magneto though, forever.

Both are made with perfect to me, I don't like fabric either, but the throne is the reason I love doom, both are the best master piece to their company.

I'm going to see if anyone tries the cape from the new Doom PF on the original Doom PF. I think that could be interesting. I've never been terribly crazy about the original fabric used as it seems like a thin polyester vs. a heavy wool, but those were the early days of mixed media.

So a lot of people in some groups have been saying this guy is a lot more inferior to doom throne because the statue itself is meh for Mags whereas doom himself is highly detailed, what do you guys think? I thought Mags was pretty well done here *shrug*

LOL! I can almost guarantee you that every one of those peeps that says Mags is inferior doesn't own one or is just an SSC brown nose that hates all things XM. The ONLY thing special about the Doom PF is the throne. ALL of the XM Mags is just breath taking. It's the best 1/4 scale statue I have ever seen. As for Doom, the LSF is the best Doom statue I have ever seen. If that were a 1/4 piece I would have jumped all over it. For me personally, there isn't a better Doom statue out there. Not even close. IMO, the XM Mags blows the doors off the Doom PF.

I know, let's turn this into another XM v's SS debate...

:slap

I just got magneto # 281 today, very impressive piece. here some crappy pics

IMG_0996.JPG

IMG_0994.JPG

View attachment 168817

IMG_0975.JPG

Last edited:
Very nice, Martell! Congrats!

Now I'm curious what was the last pic before you edited it....

Nobody, in their right mind, would describe Doom as "detailed". The throne yes, has a hell lot of awesome details. Doom himself is just a plain simple sculpt, covered by fabric. There's barely any detail except for the face plate, might argue that the feet are oversized too. The new PF has much more detail going on, both on the armor and on the mixed media.
In my experience, when people come up with opinions so obviously far from reality, it is because they feel the need to defend at any cost what they own. Someone could come here and tell me they prefer Doom even if it has a simple, plain look because they like the "comic book" feeling and there would be nothing wrong with it, at all.
To pretend there are details where, actually, there aren't is just talking yourself to defend at any cost what you own or what you prefer.

Nobody, in their right mind, would describe Doom as "detailed". The throne yes, has a hell lot of awesome details. Doom himself is just a plain simple sculpt, covered by fabric. There's barely any detail except for the face plate, might argue that the feet are oversized too. The new PF has much more detail going on, both on the armor and on the mixed media.
In my experience, when people come up with opinions so obviously far from reality, it is because they feel the need to defend at any cost what they own. Someone could come here and tell me they prefer Doom even if it has a simple, plain look because they like the "comic book" feeling and there would be nothing wrong with it, at all.
To pretend there are details where, actually, there aren't is just talking yourself to defend at any cost what you own or what you prefer.

seriously though have u ever seen more detailed fabric??

seriously though have u ever seen more detailed fabric??

Not sure if I understood the question, if you're asking if I've seen more detailed fabric than Doom's PF, yes. The Reaper LSF is light years ahead, to mention the first on top of my head.
I've always said that full sculpt has evolved and improved much more than fabric in these years.

I think the comparison is one is 3D printed and one is hand crafted.

Can't see how this makes any difference, honestly.

Not sure if I understood the question, if you're asking if I've seen more detailed fabric than Doom's PF, yes. The Reaper LSF is light years ahead, to mention the first on top of my head.
I've always said that full sculpt has evolved and improved much more than fabric in these years.

Can't see how this makes any difference, honestly.

They're both fantastic statues. But if I were to choose one, id choose Doom since handcrafted goods are more valuable to me and worth the price.

I think Doom himself is fairly detailed. Is he as detailed as IM suits? No, but relative to his comic portrayal he's pretty good. The paint app on the eyes under his mask is better than most of the stuff from SSC today. The fabric is lined. Point is, he's not a fancied up character to begin with. The LSF Doom is great looking also, but his armour reminds me of a period piece, like Victorian or something. I'm glad to have Doom PF......... But I'm more glad to have Mags :wink1:

They're both fantastic statues. But if I were to choose one, id choose Doom since handcrafted goods are more valuable to me and worth the price.

That's a fair point of view, that I don't share. But that's fine, people do value the most different aspects of these collectibles. I mostly care for what effectively arrives on my shelf and how it looks, not very interested in most "background" details (hand sculpt vs digital sculpt, hollow cast vs full cast, high ES vs low ES, and so on). But I discovered I get quite horny at the engineering behind complex sculpts, like Chronicle's RoboCain.

Checking in 57/800 :yess:
Much thanks to XM. Much thanks to Mark!

I can't compete with risingstar's pics, but here are my humble offering:

That's what I thought as well but then some members of the group that own both jumped in and said doom was more detailed so again I was at a lost lol , anyways yeah in my mind I would never put doom above mags

Back