XM Studios Magneto

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Still don't see any problems with the Helmet position. If you lowered the helmet an inch that is equivalent to 4 inches in 1/1 scale and that would mean his eyes would be covered... meh. I'm not gonna care about a helmet that "possibly" could be off by .25 millimeters.

I'm not seeing or understanding all the fuss surrounding "helmetgate"...the fit of the helmet looks fine to me. But as they say, different strokes for different folks.

The fit around the face is perfect. I don't think people want them to lower that. Just the volume of the helmet. We know the metal lining of the helmet is thin, the large bulbous top portion of the helmet gives the illusion that he has a cone/bulbous head.

Like I said this isn't very large of a deal to me either. Different strokes for different folks.

That being said, I also think it is primarily just the angle of the photo.

If you look and the angle on his throne arm, the helmet slopes backwards.

Why does everyone assume the helmet is just a piece of metal and that it would sit flush against the skull? Has no one here ever worn a baseball helmet?

If I were Magneto I'd have some padding in that sucker. Or better yet, constantly be using my metal powers to have it hovering just over my head. Just because he's a villain doesn't mean he disregards comfort.

Last edited:
Why does everyone assume the helmet is just a piece of metal and that it would sit flush against the skull? Has no one here ever work a baseball helmet?

If I were Magneto I'd have some padding in that sucker. Or better yet, constantly be using my metal powers to have it hovering just over my head. Just because he's a villain doesn't mean he disregards comfort.

Haha I know. I really think it is just that angle. The more I look at the photos, the more I think it's the angle.

You're right it is the angle because the camera shot is shooting upwards so you can see the gaps on the side, whereas from dead ahead straight on you wouldn't see that because his head is tilted down.

You're right it is the angle because the camera shot is shooting upwards so you can see the gaps on the side, whereas from dead ahead straight on you wouldn't see that because his head is tilted down.

Exactly. The mix of the upward camera angle and the downward angle of magneto's jawline/head is a mind****. Haha

I have no doubt if they take a side angle profile pic it will resolve it.

The fit around the face is perfect. I don't think people want them to lower that. Just the volume of the helmet. We know the metal lining of the helmet is thin, the large bulbous top portion of the helmet gives the illusion that he has a cone/bulbous head.

Like I said this isn't very large of a deal to me either. Different strokes for different folks.

This.

I think many people are being taken away by the hype of this piece...easy to do because it is amazing.

There is no doubt in my mind that XM can improve the fit...or perhaps it's just the shape of the "dome"...to give a more sleek appearance.

The helmet is not worn for head protection...it's a mental barrier. He doesn't need padding like a football or baseball helmet.

All you have to do is look at the Fassbender helmet from DOFP...that helmet fits perfectly...no dome head there.

Anyway, I have mine on order. I'll be happy with it, I just think it could be that much better. I'm confident that if they adjusted it, everyone would be pleased.

10612965_1538471199701698_2268157312405019858_n.jpg

Yup. Great find friend! This pic should put minds to rest.

It's not the side view. When you look at it from the front, the helmet appears to flare outward, away from the head in the upper half...makes him look like the leader.

It's not the side view. When you look at it from the front, the helmet appears to flare outward, away from the head in the upper half...makes him look like the leader.

Yeah I see it. If this is displayed below eye level, it will be unnoticeable.

Either way, it's just an illusion.

:slap Nothing wonky about the helmet. I guess you could say his feet look too big in that pic also. It's the angle and perspective of the pics. :)

Back