XM Studios Magneto

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow, that specfiction guy just wants to ruin is repuatation I guess. He's welcome to price it whatever he wants but no one on here will buy from him after a move like that...great work buddy.

I had just heard of that seller through the forums a few weeks ago, looks like I can pay no mind to him now.

Add it to cart, it's $3000 per. I don't know how you typo from $900 to $3000, $900 to $9000 maybe, $900 to $800 better, $900 to $000 great, but $900 to $3000?!?

Well he's not selling it for $3k, since you can't checkout. But I don't think $3k is typo either, so who knows why he put $3k price on a sold out product. It certainly doesn't help his rep from the perception stand point.

getting there my friends, i'm trying to reply all my emails as quickly as i can

jonah-hill-excited-o.gif

It's not $3000, odds are it's just a place holder... I would wait and find out the facts before jumping to conclusion guys... From what someone posted on SF he only got 3 of the statues so he's going to make 3 people happy while the rest will be unhappy. He's damned if he does and damned if he doesn't...

Also I believe Secret Compass sold theirs for $950 ea. so even if he sold it for $999 ($900 if you paid in advance) it's not a huge price market up considering how limited these statues are.

BBTS.com is selling them for $850 but it will be several weeks after release before they get them since there coming over by boat..

That won't help us in this region because we can't PO from XM. So the online retailers will still have very limited inventory and as soon as they put it up stock will be gone, for highly sought items. Best bet is to order through Freaks on this board. They deserve a lot of kudos!

I couldn't agree more. Our forum members here are taking great care of us. Kenny, Mark, and Scoots (to name just a few) are great guys giving us the ability to secure these awesome pieces if we get in early enough. Many of us (including myself) got caught with our pants down because we just didn't see the overwhelming demand for this piece even though it was staring us in the face. Well, no more futzing around for me. If I see a piece I want, I'm sending out a PM and securing my order ASAP. I certainly never want to be in this situation again. If it wasn't for good friends, I'd be out in the cold right now. Our fellow forum members is the ONLY reason I'll be able to add this piece to my collection without having to resort to picking him up in the aftermarket.

Honestly, I probably couldn't bring myself to pay the HUGE price tag this is going to sell for in the aftermarket. I could have very easily missed out on this and ultimately have to pass on it because I couldn't find one at a reasonable price. I would have been gutted if I missed out on this piece. Luckily, thanks to the kind peeps we have here, I'm not being placed in that position.

Wow, this actually sold out already? I don't think this is a joke with so many on this forum talking about PO. I don't even know how or where to order XM statues. I've not seen this much excitement since I heard about the early SS PO years ago and pcs SF statues is so-so. Getting this for less later is going to be hard with a small ES and a new exciting company starting out. Hmmmm.... How about a XM variant magneto? Change the paint around to grey, or another kind of paint color? Was there a limit on these? I wonder if a shop order most of them. Lol

XM does not do repaints or variants. If there is a character that has different costumes like Wolverine, each color costume Wolvie will have a completely new sculpt. Each piece will be 100% unique in its pose and costume.

Just a heads up for example. You familiar with the Ms. Marvel Avengers character? Well, the first incarnation of her will be in her red cut off top and blue bottoms in a flying pose (that's what the sketch showed). But, many people are clamoring for a Warbird Ms. Marvel (like the SS costume PF). But when they do make her she will be in a different pose.

So that is what you can expect from XM. I hope that clears it up for you.

Btw, if you are interested in the Thanos, Wolverine, Thor.....all these will be going fast. So make sure you find a reseller in Singapore, or be ready to act like grease lightning when the pre-orders go up on some of these American sites like BBTS, SC, and SpecFiction.

Btw, don't fart around on Thanos, somehow....once they show him on his base, he will go maybe faster than Magneto....I feel it in my bones. So just trying to give you help CBG. Others make fun of you and are snide to helping fellow forumers out....but not I.

But don't ask this question again :thwak....I explained everything out for you in detail.

I have posted quite a few foreign distributors that could be an avenue if not already checked. If your seriously interested, I wouldn't waste time wishing for a variant re-release since it sounds like if that did happen you still wouldn't know where to get one from :)

Limit for all XM statues is 999, however this Mags was specifically caped at 800

XM does not do repaints or variants. If there is a character that has different costumes like Wolverine, each color costume Wolvie will have a completely new sculpt. Each piece will be 100% unique in its pose and costume.

Just a heads up for example. You familiar with the Ms. Marvel Avengers character? Well, the first incarnation of her will be in her red cut off top and blue bottoms in a flying pose (that's what the sketch showed). But, many people are clamoring for a Warbird Ms. Marvel (like the SS costume PF). But when they do make her she will be in a different pose.

So that is what you can expect from XM. I hope that clears it up for you.

Btw, if you are interested in the Thanos, Wolverine, Thor.....all these will be going fast. So make sure you find a reseller in Singapore, or be ready to act like grease lightning when the pre-orders go up on some of these American sites like BBTS, SC, and SpecFiction.

Btw, don't fart around on Thanos, somehow....once they show him on his base, he will go maybe faster than Magneto....I feel it in my bones. So just trying to give you help CBG. Others make fun of you and are snide to helping fellow forumers out....but not I.

But don't ask this question again :thwak....I explained everything out for you in detail.

Thanks this was very helpful. If this is true then XM is my best company. No repaints ever? That is what I like. Hell with the repaints and make a brand new sculpt! This is so awesome of a company to do this saying if it's true. I really don't like repaints of the same statue or even if they change out a hand, plants, just head like SS did with gladiator hulk, ivy, deadpool, etc. I'm going to check BBTS on these. I don't like ordering overseas because I got scam so many times before.

Spec Fiction should have let everyone know upfront what his situation was regarding Magneto including the quantity he was able to procure and the price he was selling him at. Then I would have let everyone know that had an interest in buying one send him an email by a certain deadline. Then I would have used a randomizer to pick the lucky few that would have an opportunity to purchase one. That's my take.

How he handled this there's too many unknowns and that fosters distrust. I doubt he would stake his entire online business reputation on one single too hot to handle piece. That would be suicide. On the other hand, I never put it past anyone to do anything anymore when money and greed are involved.

Back