XM Studios Hulk Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I really think this is one the best Hulks around. You gotta see this dude in person. The detail is incredible.

Not sure why it doesn't get more positive noise out there

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk

Because people are having trouble selling it, and it photographs poorly.

It was a huge step in the right direction getting rid of the lime green as shown in the first photos in this thread.

Maybe it doesn't sell well because there's like 10,000+ hulk statues out there. I agree it doesn't photograph that great, but the muscles and veins really make him pop. The full sculpt has really grown on me. The purple jeans and ripped shirt look phenominal.

It was a huge step in the right direction getting rid of the lime green as shown in the first photos in this thread.

Maybe it doesn't sell well because there's like 10,000+ hulk statues out there. I agree it doesn't photograph that great, but the muscles and veins really make him pop. The full sculpt has really grown on me. The purple jeans and ripped shirt look phenominal.

Many who have seen this only in photos consider it to be the worst 1/4 Hulk statue ever made. From the pose to the facial sculpt they just hate it. My two cents is pretty well know on this one, but for me it simply boils down to the fact that I dislike both headsculpts and the pose is flipped wrong either in the torso or the legs for my liking. Now I can fix the Headsculpt issue now so in the end the only thing stopping me from considering this one is the body pose.

Many who have seen this only in photos consider it to be the worst 1/4 Hulk statue ever made. From the pose to the facial sculpt they just hate it. My two cents is pretty well know on this one, but for me it simply boils down to the fact that I dislike both headsculpts and the pose is flipped wrong either in the torso or the legs for my liking. Now I can fix the Headsculpt issue now so in the end the only thing stopping me from considering this one is the body pose.

I'm one of those peeps that just doesn't care for the XM Hulk at all. Hoping to see a revisit on him one day soon. They are already doing another Cap. You'd think with the way that Hulk was received (even though it's sold out), that would have been the first character they revisited.

Yes I don't like this hulk at all, something is just very off.

Imo the new sideshow hulk pf now takes the crown as the best hulk, everything is perfect about it.

Yes I don't like this hulk at all, something is just very off.

Imo the new sideshow hulk pf now takes the crown as the best hulk, everything is perfect about it.

I personally don't care for the SSC Hulk either. While I do think it looks better than the XM Hulk, I still don't like either portrait or the exposed neck seam. I'm still waiting for a modern raging green Hulk in 1/4 scale that I want to add to my collection.

You all bring up excellent points, to each their own I guess. I just dig the comic look.

I do feel Gladiator Hulk is tops among the Hulk realm. Not a fan of new ssc.

I personally don't care for the SSC Hulk either. While I do think it looks better than the XM Hulk, I still don't like either portrait or the exposed neck seam. I'm still waiting for a modern raging green Hulk in 1/4 scale that I want to add to my collection.

Neck seam is completely a nonissue the way the head goes on, I like the sculpt. It's the perfect balance between showing off hulk's muscle while not making him a monster. It's hulk I will use for comic avenger display.

Keown hulk was my favorite before this piece was released.

Neck seam is completely a nonissue the way the head goes on, I like the sculpt. It's the perfect balance between showing off hulk's muscle while not making him a monster. It's hulk I will use for comic avenger display.

Keown hulk was my favorite before this piece was released.

That's cool if the seam doesn't bother you but it's a big deal for me. Hoping the next Hulk PF doesn't have a COH. I just want a kick ass raging modern portrait that's permanently attached to the body. There isn't a classic 1/4 scale Hulk I like by any company yet. Hoping that changes soon.

I can't believe this is XM studios work, no offence but it looks so bad. Maybe one of the worsts hulk statues I've ever seen...

I thought he was a pretty badass looking Hulk, lots of details on him...

0-Hulk03.jpg

This is one of those cases where one do not need to see it in person to know XM didn't do it right for Hulk. XM's Hulk simply pale in comparison to SSC's Hulk. One flaw to add is that the shirt look like it melted instead of being ripped apart. And there's a lack of shading to it. XM did great with other characters but they just don't know how to sculpt ugly in a beautiful way like how SSC's recent Hulk PF is.

I thought he was a pretty badass looking Hulk, lots of details on him...

0-Hulk03.jpg
I agree, I totally dig this XM hulk. Seeing him in person is a must. Think its a great comic rendition and loaded with detail you cant see from pictures. Doesnt even compare to SSs new hulk with purple speedos and a twisted bowling pose which it looks like hes about to fall over. Thats the ugliest Hulk Ive seen to date.

This is one of those cases where one do not need to see it in person to know XM didn't do it right for Hulk. XM's Hulk simply pale in comparison to SSC's Hulk. One flaw to add is that the shirt look like it melted instead of being ripped apart. And there's a lack of shading to it. XM did great with other characters but they just don't know how to sculpt ugly in a beautiful way like how SSC's recent Hulk PF is.

I don't know about that, the SS Hulk looks like the hunchback of Norte Dame

green_hulk_statue_09_1.jpg

Don't need to see it in person to tell that the statue is janky
If that means wonky, or "a bit off" then I completely agree with you. Yeah I can see the details, but the statue still doesn't look good to my eyes.

Back