XM Studios Hulk Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Grr.....don't say that. That's the only SS Hulk I skipped. Just not feeling the green color. I bought both old school PF Green and Grey (but sold them due to the high secondary market prices), King, Gladiator, Green EX, Red EX, and Grey EX.

I have had all the large green hulks also.. Had to sell the Original back in the day :(

Personally I think Hulk Maquette Holds his own... I think his color Green is better then the Comiquette. At the same time.. I don't think that green would look good on the comiqette and I have seen pics the Maquette repainted darker and I prefer his original color.

I think he looks fine with the others.

and looks great on his own

and with the fixed brow Which looks much better in person.

P1230045.JPG

HOWEVER I should stress this... The Brows IMO need to be fixed... They are not as bad in person as in photos... But still an eye sore IMO....

Agree again, don't like that Hulk at all from portrait to color to pose. It's the weakest of all 1:4 Hulks offered imo.

Now that I fixed the Brow... I love the portrait... But I can see why some don't like the color But personally I find the pose to be pretty sweet. It's a cross between Museum and action... I like it for that but I can see why it's not for everybody but I love it.

Now that I hijacked the XM Hulk thread let me say..

I love the XM Hulk paint apps and is the reason I have almost caved. There is also a video out there of someone who has it displayed on top floor of their home.. I thought he looked amazing there.... That ripped shirt man... Even it looks great in person... I just cant get into it...

This was the video I liked... Thought having it in shots with SSC piece showed off it's size well... Plus seeing it on display s opposed to just filmed with a backdrop helps..

If XM makes another agree Hulk they will top this one for sure. However, they have flat out said they have dozens of designs to get to before they do another Jade Giant. It is kind of sad because I always thought an XM Erick Sosa Hulk would be AMAZING, but he is apparently taking a step back from the industry. As for the Avengers Hulk if he was just a little more enraged it would be pure gold.

Now that I fixed the Brow... I love the portrait... But I can see why some don't like the color But personally I find the pose to be pretty sweet. It's a cross between Museum and action... I like it for that but I can see why it's not for everybody but I love it.

That's a nice fixer upper job Jaws! Definitely an improvement over the one-and-half-brow-thingy Sideshow sent you. I have to be honest though, I still hate that portrait lol as I just don't see Ruffalo at all. As long as you're happy with it in your collection then I'm happy for you dude. :)

If XM makes another agree Hulk they will top this one for sure. However, they have flat out said they have dozens of designs to get to before they do another Jade Giant. It is kind of sad because I always thought an XM Erick Sosa Hulk would be AMAZING, but he is apparently taking a step back from the industry. As for the Avengers Hulk if he was just a little more enraged it would be pure gold.

Completely agree, I'd bet that the next XM take on the character would crush their current production piece now that XM is completely open to fan input across all social media platforms. It's a bit of a bummer that it may be a very long wait to see their next take on Hulk, but looking at their current projected character list I'm glad they're working on characters that seemingly have never been done.

That's a nice fixer upper job Jaws! Definitely an improvement over the one-and-half-brow-thingy Sideshow sent you. I have to be honest though, I still hate that portrait lol as I just don't see Ruffalo at all. As long as you're happy with it in your collection then I'm happy for you dude. :)

That's funny because The reason I think I like the portrait so much is it does not look 100% like Ruffalo. I mean., I still see it (Defiantly more then you do) but it's not like it was ripped right from the film. But that's why I like it... That way he can fit in with comics or movies... But you are right we are not all going to agree and love all the same things... I just love to come to his defense. It gives me an excuse to post pics ;)

Completely agree, I'd bet that the next XM take on the character would crush their current production piece now that XM is completely open to fan input across all social media platforms. It's a bit of a bummer that it may be a very long wait to see their next take on Hulk, but looking at their current projected character list I'm glad they're working on characters that seemingly have never been done.

I think of you handed this piece back to the original sculptor he would crush it now, and that is the truth. There is a serious learning curve to ZBrush, and his work though great when he started for XM (Cap and Hulk) is even better now.... I.e. Cable. That is just the nature of the medium. You learn LOADS every time you site down.

f407ab53b6fbf7b8a207ae795324de37.jpg

When I see pictures like this I regret passing on this Hulk now :(

I'm curious about the reason for the XM statues being much more expensive than Sideshow, when the Sideshow statues seem to consistently look better. Is it materials, or something else like import fees. XM obviously wouldn't give me a straight answer but I really am curious.

I think of you handed this piece back to the original sculptor he would crush it now, and that is the truth. There is a serious learning curve to ZBrush, and his work though great when he started for XM (Cap and Hulk) is even better now.... I.e. Cable. That is just the nature of the medium. You learn LOADS every time you site down.

:goodpost: Even with your WIP you can see the improvements over time. Think we'll see another Hulk in the near future?

:goodpost: Even with your WIP you can see the improvements over time. Think we'll see another Hulk in the near future?

I haven't heard anything about a new Hulk YET. I am kid of hoping that they put of doing one for awhile. I am hoping that a new guy gets to take a crack at him for them.

On another note I was actually approached to do a custom head or 2 for this one, but apparently it is almost impossible to any kind of custom that fits ALL of the XM Hulks as there were several different molds used for the head and neck keys and it is impossible to know for sure which on someone has.

Anyone interested in an xm hulk bbts has him up for sale for 799$ plus shipping (84$). They dropped 100$ off the price tag since yesterday.

I have the XM Hulk and SS Marquette Hulk, I love both them, that said the XM does have a lot more detail to it then SS Hulk...

That's a great deal for hulk. In person this looks really good. Pics do it no justice at all. The face and body is great. It's also much bigger than all the ss hulks.

Back