XM Studios Deathstroke - KNIGHT of the RISING SUN 1/4 Premium Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
XM Studios News

"His money's green. And as a bonus...I get to kill Batman.

The XM Deathstroke 1/4 scale is done! Thanks to hive for the concept design and Gabe Perna for the awesome sculp. POWER to XM art team."

XM Studios Facebook

XM Studios Europe Facebook

31944794_204065301615xgsd7.jpg

Already looks better than the wreck known as the Deathstroker PF. If you're going to just make shyte up, you may as well go all out like XM did.

Just noticed this. What the hell happened to his biceps and triceps on his left arm?!

This pic right here had his biceps looking awesome. And from there I assumed his triceps would be awesome too.

14457405_174414731580mtjy2.jpg

But this pic shows different. His biceps and triceps look small in this pic ...especially compared to his forearm.

Just noticed this. What the hell happened to his biceps and triceps on his left arm?!

This pic right here had his biceps looking awesome. And from there I assumed his triceps would be awesome too.

But this pic shows different. His biceps and triceps look small in this pic ...especially compared to his forearm.

His whole bicep is still in tact, it just looks thinner because of the dark shadowing.

lTv2NRh.jpg

Wow! blows the ss version away. So much more aggressive and he's not skinny like the ss version. Pose is great and intimidating.

His whole bicep is still in tact, it just looks thinner because of the dark shadowing.

lTv2NRh.jpg

I get what your saying. I did think about that, too. I zoomed in and saw (covered in shadow) the left edge of his left bicep ...which your pic shows off better. But here's why I say his left bicep is smaller now than before.

In your pic above (going left to right) you can see there is one crease just after the flat part of his bicep. You can see shadow on the left side of that crease and light deflecting off the right side of that crease.

Now look at the left bicep on the original render above. You can see (going left to right) that there are two creases just after the flat part of his bicep. You can see shadow on the flat part of his bicep just left of the first crease, then light reflecting off the curved part between the first/second crease and lastly shadow again just right of the second crease before the bicep/tricep separation.

The 2 creases alone shows you that the original render has a wider depth on his left bicep. The left bicep on the new pic has lost that additional width. Its like the bicep on the original render is a rectangle with a trapezoid added on top of it, but the bicep on the new pic is just a rectangle.

Also note that in the new pic, Deathstroke has his left arm bent ...so that means his bicep should be contracted. That means his left bicep should be bigger than when his left arm is straight.

I want to get this statue, too ...so I feel like I need to point out what I see.

What does being an XM exclusive mean? Will this will be sold worldwide as the cat woman and Ivy?

What does being an XM exclusive mean? Will this will be sold worldwide as the cat woman and Ivy?

It should still be a world wide piece since it falls within the same license. In the past, with some of the Marvel exclusives, it meant that they're only available through XM's website and not normal retailers. Generally also means they won't give their discounted prestige pricing either.

But, this one will be interesting because all of the past Exclusive's have been Marvel, which isn't available through normal means to us in the U.S.

He looks fantastic and has been perfectly realised however you have to wonder how many people will actually buy this. As it's really niche

Back