XM Studios Darth Maul

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This statue is such a gem, a glorious centerpiece in my Star Wars collection. I doubt we would ever have a chance to see such dynamic and beautifuly made SW piece like this in a long time. This could be the last SW statue from XM....

Just wanted to share a few photos of my Darth Maul. You've really got to see this piece in person to appreciate it, photos just can't do it.
This was my first XM piece, really happy with it.
e62b383311f195614cc6771169a681f2.jpg
8966d36d0861da254717f3532c5534aa.jpg
2dee7864dcb4c1490cd2b45585136849.jpg
f81340e1d050f3e844bb80d3f97e8c3a.jpg
ae61c12a1bad0a6284956f5e32773b5a.jpg
ff8d565ad632e7dabbe46cf8c0a96948.jpg
0704cf95b760dd155830eaf8b0b16334.jpg
4d0a6e69fedf095c1f56bde367ed958e.jpg

Nice pics, it really needs to be viewed from the side to appreciate the dynamic pose and flowing cape, but then you can't see his face.
I need to display mine in a more open space so you can walk around it and see all angles.

I have made a custom acrylic display case for this bad boy..looks pretty cool though.
52883915_10212845199874763_4466137801628319744_n.jpg

Nice case. You probably could make $ marketing and selling acrylic cases to folks in here. Demand is always heavy for that sort of thing.

mine arrived with no damage. I really like it...but could have done without the shiny bits on the costume.

I would KILL for the grievous now but it appears maul will be the final star wars piece xm makes.

mine arrived with no damage. I really like it...but could have done without the shiny bits on the costume.

I would KILL for the grievous now but it appears maul will be the final star wars piece xm makes.

The gloves, belt and boots have glossy touch compare to the overall black outfit of Maul which makes it stand out very nice.

I would love to see Grievous at some points but I do agree that this DM is likely their last SW works.

So I ordered one, and am being told that I have to agree that if the cape breaks I will accept $150 to have it repaired. Not really liking the sound of that as I do not think I would be OK with a broken statue and would have no idea where to go locally to get it repaired. They are saying the issue causing the breakage has been addressed. Trying to decide what to do.

I just been offered $150 but I have a broken cape and handle bar so I have turned it down for replacements in May or at least that's what I hope I get.

I just read over at statue forum that a XM rep has confirmed no more Star Wars for them. If thats true I'm really disappointed. I view XM as one of the most vibrant statue companies at the moment. For them not to put out any more Star Wars statues is a travesty.
There range is all comic, no movie statues which is what I collect. What a shame......

I just read over at statue forum that a XM rep has confirmed no more Star Wars for them. If thats true I'm really disappointed. I view XM as one of the most vibrant statue companies at the moment. For them not to put out any more Star Wars statues is a travesty.
There range is all comic, no movie statues which is what I collect. What a shame......

I wonder if this Darth Maul debacle had anything to do with their final decision, if it turns out to be true. I guess we still have Iron Studios for Star Wars statues or SS...

Well Im glad that i decided to pull the trigger on this DM then, definitely a grail piece all time.

Could you pls share the link?

I hope this isn't the case. Sideshow don't seem to be coming up with anything either or at least anything any good.

I wonder if this Darth Maul debacle had anything to do with their final decision, if it turns out to be true. I guess we still have Iron Studios for Star Wars statues or SS...

I think it had more to do with poor sales... They only had 270 Darth Mauls, 500 Luke's and I believe they only had around 250 Darth Vaders, so they didn't sell a lot... you can still buy their Boba Fett statue... Star Wars is just not that popular in Asia and XM doesn't have a license to sell in North America where Star Wars is more popular..

Apparently they made little or no profit at all with SW statues, not worth the iniitial investment and long term related business strategies. On top of that a long-overdue approval process from Disney from the way I've heard, combine with restricted license only in SEA where SW is obviously not a thing there plus expensive shipping cost to NA/Europe customers, not even mention high risk of breakage during transportation ( like DM cases) that they have to compensate to unlucky souls in order to maintain their reputation, which means low profit and a ton of effort to coordinate either with their distributors/dealers to solve this issue...or worse deal direclty with angy customers.

Then we can figure it out the reasons why they give up SW license (if the rumor was true).

Could you pls share the link?

I read it under the XM Star Wars topic. A fellow member quoting an XM rep. I really hope it's not true, but XM silence on the matter doesn't look good.

Apparently some members are destroying there Darth Maul to get refunds..... man I couldn't do that, the statue is a one of a kind masterpiece just fix it.

Back