Xm Studios Darkness

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm sorry I don't know all the exact details about Superman. I actually prefer characters/stories with depth and substance, that don't generally appeal to middle-aged man-children.

Using the time of his creation as an excuse for how absolutely childish and silly he is makes no sense. Bram Stoker, HP Lovecraft, Robert Lee, Tolkien, what about all of them? They created real stories with real characters that can fit in any age and not simply be considered "good for their time".

Galactus. As goofy as every other alien design. What the **** did I just read. Maybe in the tasteless, brightly-colored superhero comicverse. He's a ****ing giant man in a skirt with a purple bucket on his head. There are thousands of genuinely unique and well-made alien designs out there that, you know, actually look alien. The thought of comparing that gaudy abomination to a masterpiece like Winston's Predator or Giger's Alien makes me want to vomit.

Sent from my HTC Desire 610 using Tapatalk
You do realize you're talking about character that has lasted 75 years and has trancended his original medium, has inspired multiple off shoots, copycats and reimaginings. He can be written for any age and any demographic and to this day is considered one of the most popular characters ever created. And yet you, who admittedly doesnt know the ins and out of his story or history condem him because he vusually doesn't meet your requirements, and hes the childish and shallow one.

On your second note, no Galsvtus is more inspired by earlier sci-fi like Metropolis, the day the earth stood still, flash gordon etc. You do know they made sci-fi pre 1977 right?

I already said it's not just his visual appearance. It's his backstory, his name, his powers, etc. I obviously know sci-fi didn't originate in 1977 considering I mentioned Lovecraft.

And Metropolis' and The Day the Earth Stood Still's designs are far more interesting than that crap.

I already said it's not just his visual appearance. It's his backstory, his name, his powers, etc. I obviously know sci-fi didn't originate in 1977 considering I mentioned Lovecraft.

And Metropolis' and The Day the Earth Stood Still's designs are far more interesting than that crap.

How is his backstory any less compelling than Dracula? His powers? He's every humans wish rolled into one.

And now you're going to tell me Gort is more visually interesting than Galactus?

How is his backstory any less compelling than Dracula? His powers? He's every humans wish rolled into one.

And now you're going to tell me Gort is more visually interesting than Galactus?
He's every ten-year-old boy's wish rolled into one. He has no depth. He's just a huge childish exaggeration. Dracula has dimensions. He's an actual character, not a caricature.

Just because you color a character bright pink and purple, give him a skirt, an ugly bucket helmet and a bunch of random lines all over his costume doesn't mean he's going to be more visually appealing. Subtlety works in Gort's favor and he's more impressive because of it.

He's every ten-year-old boy's wish rolled into one. He has no depth. He's just a huge childish exaggeration. Dracula has dimensions. He's an actual character, not a caricature.

Just because you color a character bright pink and purple, give him a skirt, an ugly bucket helmet and a bunch of random lines all over his costume doesn't mean he's going to be more visually appealing. Subtlety works in Gort's favor and he's more impressive because of it.

Last point I'm going to make.

Dracula - A prince loses his love, in his rage he forsakes god and becomes an ageless monster, searching for what he lost through time.
Sounds nice right.

Superman - As a world is about to die, a mother and father send their only child to world of similar beings. The last of his kind, he is granted extraordinary powers by the radiation of his new home's sun. As he tries to find his way in this world of strangers he must decide, is he man, or god, or something else?

Say all you want, but that's just as deep as Dracula.

You try to make those Superman comics sound poetic or intellectual. You forgot to add in the part where he shoots laser beams out of his eyes and flies around in red and blue underwear. :lol

Not to mention Dracula is written for adults. Superman was written for..well, it was hardly even written...it's just a bunch of pages of cartoons with bubble captions.

You try to make those Superman comics sound poetic or intellectual. You forgot to add in the part where he shoots laser beams out of his eyes and flies around in red and blue underwear. [emoji38]

Not to mention Dracula is written for adults. Superman was written for..well, it was hardly even written...it's just a bunch of pages of cartoons with bubble captions.
Wow you just insulted about 8 generations if artists and writers who worked on that title. Good job.

This may be a buy for me depends on the price. This is when I actually got back into comics for the art from image comics. Love Marc Silvestri's art and creations! This will go great with Witchblade! I did like both characters and buy their comics. Never read them but I did collect both these comics because of the amazing artwork. This statue looks promising from XM.

Wow you just insulted about 8 generations if artists and writers who worked on that title. Good job.
I'm not sure how I can insult a writer if they barely write anything. I do like some of the illustrations here and there. :dunno

And adults have been reading Superman from the beginning.
And they would be shunned from society if they admitted it until like 10-20 years ago. :lol

Comics have generally been recognized as something for children, specifically those featuring superheroes.

I'm not sure how I can insult a writer if they barely write anything. I do like some of the illustrations here and there. :dunno

And they would be shunned from society if they admitted it until like 10-20 years ago. :lol

Comics have generally been recognized as something for children, specifically those featuring superheroes.

You must also think very little of film script writers, since comic scripts and film scripts are very much alike. Comic Writers write out the scene descriptions not just the dialogue you see.

You might want to watch the documentary film " Comic Book Confidential", which will show the history, moral & legal struggles of the medium. Very insightful, & quite surprising.

11230672_10153508446686826_6383368573935714277_n.jpg

Looking forward to seeing some pics of this finished. It'll be interesting to see who is going to carry these statues since it's a worldwide license and what they'll price them at.

Looks very nice and intricate. I imagine this will be a pretty penny.

Back