Xm Studios Darkness

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If XM is doing one offs for 90's era characters I'd like to see Zen, the Intergalactic Ninja.
Maybe a bit off an odd ball character and not likely but I always enjoyed him.
Theres a ton of stuff they could get their hands on and make cool statues of. Valiant vomics is yhe first thing that comes to mind. No one does Valiant, and their loyal cult following is perfect for a low ES run if statues.

Also hitting up other Image titles wouldn't be bad. I know Mcfarelane holds Spawn and now the Walking Dead but Invincible and Savage Dragon are both out there.

Don't know much of the character... Looks a bit like Winter Soldier, but damn this is one sick statue

Don't know much of the character... Looks a bit like Winter Soldier, but damn this is one sick statue

Probably hard for you to get a good idea of the characters costume/armor with an all grey WIP, here's a picture from the comics.

latest

Theres a ton of stuff they could get their hands on and make cool statues of. Valiant vomics is yhe first thing that comes to mind. No one does Valiant, and their loyal cult following is perfect for a low ES run if statues.

Also hitting up other Image titles wouldn't be bad. I know Mcfarelane holds Spawn and now the Walking Dead but Invincible and Savage Dragon are both out there.

X-O and Turok I'd be interested in, Bloodshot and Rai maybe.

Definitely X-O, I thought there was another company that was going to produce him but I guess not...

Definitely X-O, I thought there was another company that was going to produce him but I guess not...

If I'm not mistaken, Turok is not an in-house Valiant character like Solar (Man of the Atom). X-O, Bloodshot, and Ninjak would make terrific statues, though.

Back to Darkness -- the base a lone is already a sight to behold.

:goodpost: I have so many of those comics it's disgusting :lol

I thought Rai was right up XM's alley when I first saw this license announced.

Rai_1_(2014)_Cover._Art_by_Clayton_Crain.jpg

Probably hard for you to get a good idea of the characters costume/armor with an all grey WIP, here's a picture from the comics.

latest

I try to buy statues actually have a connection with while growing up. This doesn't. But he is so tempting

I don't read comics but this character is very visually appealing with tons of detail, unlike (insert generic, brightly-colored, spandex-wearing body builder here).

Yup. Superman for example is a character whose name, visual appearance, super powers and backstory could be developed by a 5-year-old. No exaggeration. This Darkness character on the other hand? Not a chance.

Sent from my HTC Desire 610 using Tapatalk

Yup. Superman for example is a character whose name, visual appearance, super powers and backstory could be developed by a 5-year-old. No exaggeration. This Darkness character on the other hand? Not a chance.

Right backstory by a 5 yearold, sure, because alien being sent by his parents away from his dying planet to earth and whos body physilogically gains energy and power from a medium sized star is something 5 yearolds think about. And what about characters like Lobo, did you see the detail of that PF? How about other comic characters like Judge Dredd? Hell, Iron Man, Galactus, Cable? Just because its a superhero comic doesn't mean its without detail or dumbed down.

An alien that happens to look exactly like humans comes to live on Earth because his planet blows up. He has super strength, speed, x-ray vision, can fly, can shoot laser beams out of his eyes, etc. I can't believe you would even argue that Superman is a unique or mature character. Oh and yeah, that's his name, "Superman". Get it, because he's a super man? Dear Lord.

Galactus - that's another ridiculous one. Looks goofy as hell.

An alien that happens to look exactly like humans comes to live on Earth because his planet blows up. He has super strength, speed, x-ray vision, can fly, can shoot laser beams out of his eyes, etc. I can't believe you would even argue that Superman is a unique or mature character. Oh and yeah, that's his name, "Superman". Get it, because he's a super man? Dear Lord.

Galactus - that's another ridiculous one. Looks goofy as hell.

Happens to? Earth was chosen for that reason, your ignorance of the nuances of the characters origin not withstanding, yeah his name is childish, it was also 1938. Galactus is only as goofy looking as just about any other alien being ever created.

Happens to? Earth was chosen for that reason, your ignorance of the nuances of the characters origin not withstanding, yeah his name is childish, it was also 1938. Galactus is only as goofy looking as just about any other alien being ever created.
I'm sorry I don't know all the exact details about Superman. I actually prefer characters/stories with depth and substance, that don't generally appeal to middle-aged man-children.

Using the time of his creation as an excuse for how absolutely childish and silly he is makes no sense. Bram Stoker, HP Lovecraft, Robert Lee, Tolkien, what about all of them? They created real stories with real characters that can fit in any age and not simply be considered "good for their time".

Galactus. As goofy as every other alien design. What the **** did I just read. Maybe in the tasteless, brightly-colored superhero comicverse. He's a ****ing giant man in a skirt with a purple bucket on his head. There are thousands of genuinely unique and well-made alien designs out there that, you know, actually look alien. The thought of comparing that gaudy abomination to a masterpiece like Winston's Predator or Giger's Alien makes me want to vomit.

Back