[XM Studios] Cyclops

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like this so far!

...But I need to see more pics with different angles. Especially of the first pose ...because there's something about the first pose that's not sitting right with me.

Whwre are you based? People in the US struggle with these I believe but everyone else is okay. Europe has a website and distributor now. I’ve never ordered an XM before but should be okay with being in England.

Yeah, I’m in the US. I’ll try to do some research because I need this:lol

I like this so far!

...But I need to see more pics with different angles. Especially of the first pose ...because there's something about the first pose that's not sitting right with me.

You and I are so thinking alike. The problem with the first pose is his right leg is resting while his left leg is leaning back. This kinda makes his torso look odd as it's leaning forward. Making the right leg look a bit weird and slightly disjointed. However in the pose were his upper body is facing up. It looks how it should be with his weight on the left leg. So it flows more naturally.

This however might look much better once sculpted and painted. Thought?

You and I are so thinking alike. The problem with the first pose is his right leg is resting while his left leg is leaning back. This kinda makes his torso look odd as it's leaning forward. Making the right leg look a bit weird and slightly disjointed. However in the pose were his upper body is facing up. It looks how it should be with his weight on the left leg. So it flows more naturally.

This however might look much better once sculpted and painted. Thought?

Yea, it is the torso and right leg on the first pose that's not jiving with me. It just looks odd.

But I do hope that after this is printed and painted that it might look better. I'm also hoping that the first pose will look better in different angles.

I need to start coming to this forum more. Just read through the discussion about Cyclops and I love him and will be getting him, but its nice that people and moderators are ok with talking about other customs compared to this statue. For me this XM cyclops is much better than the customs that Ive seen around FB. I like the 2nd torso much better that matches the original art concept. Lot of people have been asking for a separate stand for the 2nd torso, but havent heard word on it yet.

Didnt know about the licensed Cyc being worked on, but i doubt it will compare to the XM piece, especially if it is SS. I'm Jim lee costume 100% of the way and I like how XM just modernizes the uniforms. I dont like the magneto or Wolvie SS just made (just not a fan of the astonishing uniform for wolvie) so I doubt they will be making a Jim lee cyclops

I need to start coming to this forum more. Just read through the discussion about Cyclops and I love him and will be getting him, but its nice that people and moderators are ok with talking about other customs compared to this statue. For me this XM cyclops is much better than the customs that Ive seen around FB. I like the 2nd torso much better that matches the original art concept. Lot of people have been asking for a separate stand for the 2nd torso, but havent heard word on it yet.

Didnt know about the licensed Cyc being worked on, but i doubt it will compare to the XM piece, especially if it is SS. I'm Jim lee costume 100% of the way and I like how XM just modernizes the uniforms. I dont like the magneto or Wolvie SS just made (just not a fan of the astonishing uniform for wolvie) so I doubt they will be making a Jim lee cyclops

Welcome to the groups. Yeah I agree this one is shaping up really well. A stand for the second Torso is a great idea. I wish they did this with Iron Fist

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pictures from Ang Seng

"Need Red LED to be installed.....", Ang Seng.

XM Studios Facebook

XM Studios Europe Facebook

33987291_205016950186cws9u.jpg

33987327_205016952186eosv8.jpg

Wow the realism on that head is nuts! Simply fantastic. The light up feature would seal the deal. I can’t wait to head to Singapore show this year

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Both of these portraits absolutely smash the OG PF's. Never liked the PF. The pose is all kinds of awkward and the portraits don't do it for me. That said, I hate the Lee costume on Cyke in general. Hoping that sideshow releases an Astonishing Cyke soon with a full mask on.

Look good! But I don't like the design on the visor, I wish they'd kept it oval instead of the this wider design. otherwise looks promising!

Kind of agree with the visor critique but as a massive Jim lee cyke fan how can I not like this!? Incredible. I’ll be ordering from XM’s Europe store for sure. I have the PF and love it, it’s perfect Lee cyke for me, classic costume. And this is a very nice modern spin on the costume. It will be ace to have both takes.

Look good! But I don't like the design on the visor, I wish they'd kept it oval instead of the this wider design. otherwise looks promising!

Yup, would've been nice if the visor was oval (rounded).

Also would've been nice if XM made the paint on the visor shiny ...or at least a little bit of shine to it. Just to give the visor a more metal feel.

Looks good so far. SS Cyclops should be soon too I hope.

Back