XM Studios Comic Thor

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Albeit the pose is a bit cheesy I am still looking forward to this. I don't think this one is better than the classic Sideshow PF, but it is a solid second. I think it will fit in quite well in my display. :)

Agree... We'll see the in hand review to see how well this guy turns out.

Actually you're probably right. I didn't think of it, but I can't see them charging more than the price he's already been advertised for with the PO's and all. They'll just have to bit the difference.

The fact that the spinning hammer didn't work as it was originally designed is unfortunate, but better that XM discover that it wasn't going go work now then have these start to crack over the next few years.

its actually rather impressive that they do temperature variation tests to ensure the longevity of the statues. Too bad the resin didnt work out and really hope the spinning effect can still be captured well.

It looks good. I love his size. His frame is beastly.

The one thing I will interject, is that it seems the A list big dog hero characters seem to take a backseat to some of the other characters XM is producing. We can argue A list all day and I know I will get some pushback on this but I mean Ghost Rider... Phoenix... Ant Man... they are ridiculously one of a kind pieces. The Magento is an A lister I get that. It's truly one of the greatest 1/4 statues ever made. But Thor, Cap, Hulk... these statues seem to not get the same love.

Not for the price point.

To me they are 1/4 Bowens. The eyes have flaws. The paint is OK but not legendary.

Can you imagine a Thor in air with wind around him and lightning raining down? I often look at Phoenix and say... why not Thor?

A bearded Thor? Bowen already did it and Sideshow did too. A spinning hammer? Bowen. A classic Thor? Sideshow, Bowen and Koto have them in spades.

It just seems like an amalgam statue we've seen for two thousand dollars.

Just my humble opinion. I still think it's sexy as hell.

Agreed,many of XM's concepts are derivative imo. Actually I see this said about them quite often these days.

Last edited:
I'm just glad they are still including the spinning hammer, despite it not being clear. For me, it was the sole reason to get as I was a huge fan of Bowen's version. Looks a bit milky in the comparison, but I have faith it'll work out.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

its actually rather impressive that they do temperature variation tests to ensure the longevity of the statues. Too bad the resin didnt work out and really hope the spinning effect can still be captured well.

Good catch on their part

Yeah it is most definety a good one. Just a 3-4 degree variation caused the cracking so it would have happened to many.

Agreed,many of XM's concepts are derivative imo. Actually I see this said about them quite often these days.

See I have said something similar before, but only for a select few pieces. The same way SSC has the Captain Morgan, XMs Trinity all have the left arm up and upfront, and Medusa and Magneto have basically a very similar sitting position. As for other pieces looking like say a Bowen I don't actually think that is as far fetched or off side as some may think. There are only so man things you can do with GR on his bike. For the most part there are only a few posses you can do that are museum posses that give the hint of action.

I'm just glad they are still including the spinning hammer, despite it not being clear. For me, it was the sole reason to get as I was a huge fan of Bowen's version. Looks a bit milky in the comparison, but I have faith it'll work out.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

Agree same here! :)

XM added lighting to the painted spinning hammer. I actually like it, and it makes it something different from the bowen one. It's a shame the clear resin didn't work out, but I think they've worked really hard to make the best of a bad situation.

12027796_1659143890969268_6689924019261889077_n.jpg

Back