XM Studios Comic Thor

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
From CY Tan.

12019942_996995990350666_8778616785829719110_n.jpg

11987026_996995987017333_6614682824531648906_n.jpg

At first I loved this Thor, but something just doesn't look right with the body shape. Especially the upper body. I think XM has tweaked this one too much. Pass for me.

At first I loved this Thor, but something just doesn't look right with the body shape. Especially the upper body. I think XM has tweaked this one too much. Pass for me.

Agree in part. When the concept was first shown I really liked it, but the changes along the way put it further and further off for me. I know the spinning Mjolnir is a really big deal to some people but that's something I never liked in this scale. I have no issue with the body proportions on this as you note, for me there's something about the portraits I can't get into but can't put my finger on it specifically. Base is awesome though. Regardless, grats to those who secured one!

Thor looks great. The Sosa sculpt is much better than the first one. I also dont see the issue with his upper body. Thor is basically a God amongst Gods. Classic Thor's physique should exceed Arnold Schwarzenegger's (The Austrian Oak) at his prime. Check out Arnold's pics in his prime. Massive shoulders, pecs and arms thats Thor. Imho this is the perfect representation of Thor.

I have this coming and need to see it in person first, but i've gone from loving it to not so sure now. I might sell or trade it for Gambit.

Albeit the pose is a bit cheesy I am still looking forward to this. I don't think this one is better than the classic Sideshow PF, but it is a solid second. I think it will fit in quite well in my display. :)

Albeit the pose is a bit cheesy I am still looking forward to this. I don't think this one is better than the classic Sideshow PF, but it is a solid second. I think it will fit in quite well in my display. :)

I agree it's not better but that pose was really inspired and took guts to achieve. This piece though is a solid keeper and the sculpt is better.

It looks good. I love his size. His frame is beastly.

The one thing I will interject, is that it seems the A list big dog hero characters seem to take a backseat to some of the other characters XM is producing. We can argue A list all day and I know I will get some pushback on this but I mean Ghost Rider... Phoenix... Ant Man... they are ridiculously one of a kind pieces. The Magento is an A lister I get that. It's truly one of the greatest 1/4 statues ever made. But Thor, Cap, Hulk... these statues seem to not get the same love.

Not for the price point.

To me they are 1/4 Bowens. The eyes have flaws. The paint is OK but not legendary.

Can you imagine a Thor in air with wind around him and lightning raining down? I often look at Phoenix and say... why not Thor?

A bearded Thor? Bowen already did it and Sideshow did too. A spinning hammer? Bowen. A classic Thor? Sideshow, Bowen and Koto have them in spades.

It just seems like an amalgam statue we've seen for two thousand dollars.

Just my humble opinion. I still think it's sexy as hell.

Back