XM Studios Comic Thor

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The paint apps are just so elementary on this piece. The wings on the helmet are so tall they make it look goofy. Love the multi poses but overall they dropped the ball on this one.

The paint apps are just so elementary on this piece. The wings on the helmet are so tall they make it look goofy. Love the multi poses but overall they dropped the ball on this one.

a fair enough critique. many seem to be shying away from this one.

I have no issue with it other than maybe the non-bearded headsculpt. A "worthy" addition for me personally : )

a fair enough critique. many seem to be shying away from this one.

I have no issue with it other than maybe the non-bearded headsculpt. A "worthy" addition for me personally : )

Agreed, I will be displaying him with the bearded sculpt as well. I also would have liked when they re worked the Spinning Mjolnir they would have written "Whosoever holds this hammer, if he be worthy, shall possess the power of Thor." like the other one has. I know it would be tricky, but I feel confident they could have figured it out just like they did with adding the lightning effects which I like too.

Yeah believe me guys, I'm not trying to crap on this piece just to crap on it. I wanted this piece badly. I secured the money to do so. But I can't pull the trigger. If you do then no offense. I'm a huge Thor collector but I expected more out of XM. Still a great company so I will hope more will come for the Sif and BRB.

Last edited:
I agree. This will be my Thor but there are small things that could have been better. I think this piece appears very simple compared to some of the other more recent statues by XM. It reminds me a little of Ant-Man, but I feel that this Thor is still superior. There is a somewhat lack of details and the pointing pose/stance had never been my favorite. I think that I will like this piece more in hand since I think he's bigger than you'd expect. So that's going to add to the wow-factor.

That's a very valid point. I like my Thor built like a tank that can go toe to toe with the big guns and towers over the Caps and Tony's of the world. I hope it's a monster of a statue.

just noticed Cap, Iron Man, & Thor are pointing the same direction- same hand. Someone gigantic is coming :wink1:

I got a mate who just got this piece and he has a lot of statues. I wanted to know all details myself and he says it is a beautiful piece. He says bearded sculpt all the way. Non bearded face not so good. but he said all muscular sculpting, presence and paint app are really really good. make sure you watch for this piece carefully, as it may become a sudden rush for everyone to get him once reviews out. I think the bearded portrait will compliment the SS non bearded one actually.

Agreed, I will be displaying him with the bearded sculpt as well. I also would have liked when they re worked the Spinning Mjolnir they would have written "Whosoever holds this hammer, if he be worthy, shall possess the power of Thor." like the other one has. I know it would be tricky, but I feel confident they could have figured it out just like they did with adding the lightning effects which I like too.

That doesn't work as you would never see writing on a hammer that is spinning like that. Writing on the hammer would make it look worse IMO.

Some great pictures from Antonio Dlt. :hi5:

12919862_1060417260683500_5267439569746817769_n.jpg

12670691_1060417257350167_9108484647373363828_n.jpg

12891614_1060417287350164_1872269436899394846_o.jpg

934143_1060417567350136_72215524260698041_n.jpg

1917934_1060417580683468_7166601541603160000_n.jpg

Would like to see pix of this next to the original Sideshow comic Thor PF - anyone that has both?

i have the SS and this should be shipping in a few weeks. I can snap a few for you if no one beats me to it. Just keep in mind my photography skills are non-existent : )

Back