XM Studios Comic Thor

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I agree that much respect should be paid for Randy. One thing I will say is the guy has done more for the Thor collectibles than anyone. He is a huge Thor fan so he gave us one of the best Thor statues ever made as well as 1/6 statues and mini busts we'll probably never see the likes of Asgardian characters again. I am pretty sad he didnt get to do a Balder and a Sif statue before the supposed end of his run.

I'll also add that seeing the Bowen Action Thor at a comic con got me back into collecting. The spinning hammer was phenomenal. It comes with a non spinning but I would never even consider using it the spinning hammer was so well done.

Thor spinning his hammer is showcased on the very first cover to his very first Marvel comic by Kirby. (Journey Into Mystery 83). His first cover issue of the Avengers in which he is fully showcased as the prime focus of the cover he is facing off against the Avengers with spinning hammer (Avengers 7 again Kirby) Thor spinning his hammer is as iconic to a Thor fan as Spidey is shooting webs or stuck on a wall to a Spidey fan. It's what he does to fly. It's what he does to throw a devastating attack. To teleport before they decided he was too powerful and stopped using that power altogether.

I'm fairly certain that as switchout friendly as XM is they will recreate their original vision of the Thor options on the first statue. They wanted to incorporate an option that had him swinging his hammer but it didn't come to fruition on the proto as displayed. Sosa is a genius sculptor and is most likely going to have a non swinging hammer as well... along with the bearded portrait.

Best of both worlds.

I know. Erick can't keep a secret. Haha he posts all his secrets so you just have to follow him around long enough to get the scoop. I was delighted to hear this news as well

Well he didn't specifically say normal hammer hand. He said switch out hands. I'm assuming he meant one with a normal hammer though.

how can any thor fan resist this? This is quickly becoming my third favourite xm statue, behind magneto and phoenix.

Back