XM Studios Comic Thor

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
10250229_963805023636882_1801055187000618103_n.jpg

Very cool, I love what Bowen did, this is going to look great!

it would be nice to see some new concepts for statues used instead of similar ideas that have been done before used again and again.Examples ....spinning hammers, sentinal heads .As a buyer and supporter of the industry reused concepts get to be a bit of a turn off.Not bashing just a thought that crossed my mind.

it would be nice to see some new concepts for statues used instead of similar ideas that have been done before used again and again.Examples ....spinning hammers, sentinal heads .As a buyer and supporter of the industry reused concepts get to be a bit of a turn off.Not bashing just a thought that crossed my mind.

The spinning hammer wasn't their idea it was ours. It was requested by the collectors and XM accommodated rather well I might add. They do that on lots of their stuff. Sentinel heads are a pretty big part of the Xmen universe and whether or not it's original it's common when thinking xmen. This was the base theme they choose to go with also based on collector feedback. Just filling you in man

I hear what your saying .As a collector/buyer I would like to see more original ideas used rather than the ones that have been used by other companies in recent productions. Thats the way I feel.

I hear what your saying .As a collector/buyer I would like to see more original ideas used rather than the ones that have been used by other companies in recent productions. Thats the way I feel.

Original like an "X" base?

Bro thats totally cool. I know exactly where your coming from. I guess I misunderstood your inital post as XM was reusing ideas. I was only trying to explain that the ideas were actually ours. As in the collectors of XM Studios products. They've got alot of original stuff though. Check out their Avengers line. The base themes are all of NYC. Antman was done as kind of a dio set. They do have original stuff as well. Cheers man. Sorry if I misunderstood you

However, you have to get that the OVERWHELMING majority of people was asking XM for a spinning hammer effect. It wasn't even close, and like Erick Sosa has said there are only so many ways of doing that effect, and only one that won't be terribly breakable. I get that it isn't what you wanted, but it is what most did.

Personally....I could care less if XM, SS, or any other manufacturer use an idea that was done by a competitor. If you are going to use an idea that was done by another company, be committed to doing it better. At the end of the day, if I like the way a statue looks....then I don't spend time worry about whether the idea or concept was done by another competitor.

That being said, I can certainly understand and respect others who may feel differently.

However, you have to get that the OVERWHELMING majority of people was asking XM for a spinning hammer effect. It wasn't even close, and like Erick Sosa has said there are only so many ways of doing that effect, and only one that won't be terribly breakable. I get that it isn't what you wanted, but it is what most did.

Don't like the spinning hammer. Never did on statues.

I haven't seen one of these spinning hammer statues in person. I can't say I'm huge on the idea but I'm sure XM will pull it off. Wouldn't be the Thor pose I would ask for, but that doesn't mean I won't love it.

Well if they give spinning hammer, other option for hand with hammer. No complaint there. Can pose whichever you like

Spinning hammer is a cool idea and yes,bowen did it first but that's not a problem for me cause they are in different size statues! There's no 1/4 Thor with a spinning hammer in the market so why XM wouldn't use this opportunity? There's no doubt that XM knows how to be creative with lesser popular characters and Ant-Man is a very good example for that! Yes, Magneto looks superior but Ant-Man is way better in terms of executing a boring character as impressive as it's best! A collector who doesn't consider to purchase Ant-Man in theory could easily fall in love and this is how you differentiate yourself from your competitors! This is like a good lesson of marketing strategy!

I'd like to see Thor's hammer in his hand caving in the face of a frost giant or troll, a real demonstration of power.

Back