XM Studios Comic Thor

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes living in the UK sucks for this hobby. We get hit by customs charges for anything over £30 or so. I bought a Daredevil PF for $400 from BBTS which was delivered by FedEx and got a bill for £65 a week later. Based on the prices I would expect XM Thor to cost at least double that. So yes £875 will probably be similar to someone in the US ordering from BBTS but might be my best option for now.

Yeah Fedex is very very strict. If someone ships Fedex from outside the US to me, I would receive a bill in my Fedex account. Granted the charges are not as bad as yours, but Fedex will find you and bill you. I always ask sellers to ship Local Post or DHL.

Back on Topic , I'm excited to get this piece. I don't have a representation of Thor in my collection , and appreciate fully sculpted pieces, than some of the mixed media pieces I have in my collection. With that said, Lobo is an exception as I feel the mixed media doesn't detract from the sculpt itself.

/

This XM Thor is not as impressive as SSC's original Thor PF. His hands are way too small. And the base is so plain. The new SSC's thor PF is better, imo.

This XM Thor is not as impressive as SSC's original Thor PF. His hands are way too small. And the base is so plain. The new SSC's thor PF is better, imo.

The original Thor PF looks like a wrestler who hasn't worked out in awhile wearing a Thor outfit... IMO :p

This is the one XM piece I thought I would regret not getting but I think they missed the boat with this sculpt. I always prefer Thor without the beard but that head version is too tiny and looks like he's channeling Beetlejuice or something. Actually, both heads have the pinhead look; too small for that body. And the bicep/tricep area on his left arm is a complete mess. I have no idea what's going on there; maybe punishment from Odin? And the helmet looks terrible. It looks like something Hasbro sculpted. The costume and cape and torso/legs look great, near perfect. But the base sucks too. They should have gotten Hasbro to do that.

This is the one XM piece I thought I would regret not getting but I think they missed the boat with this sculpt. I always prefer Thor without the beard but that head version is too tiny and looks like he's channeling Beetlejuice or something. Actually, both heads have the pinhead look; too small for that body. And the bicep/tricep area on his left arm is a complete mess. I have no idea what's going on there; maybe punishment from Odin? And the helmet looks terrible. It looks like something Hasbro sculpted. The costume and cape and torso/legs look great, near perfect. But the base sucks too. They should have gotten Hasbro to do that.

Too funny. So I can see what you are saying. It seems we have not received close up pics of the Head itself. The pics we are seeing posted including the official ones on XM's site make it seem like there is no retina, only a large white portion of the eye making him look like he is possessed. The eye socket itself is very deep and mixed with the position of the eyebrow makes you see lots of white area of the eyeball.

It's a shame, I think this piece is one that doesn't photo well with a quick shot. This piece may need a person to spend more time setting up the shot to produce a better representation of what they actually see in person.

All of the comments I have read so far keep saying this is a flop for XM. I'm sticking with my PO and am quite sure that this piece in person will be much better than what is perceived online.

I think this is again one of those piece's that look more impressive in person.
I went ahead and ordered one. I have all the Sideshow Thor's. They do look more realistic as this one looks more cartoony. But I do think it's still a nice Thor that will fit well with the other XM Avenger pieces.

My opinion is while this looks nice, it is not a head turner like some of XM's other statues. I think the price makes a difference too. If this was priced in the $400 range, I think it would be judged differently. When you are paying the higher prices, you expect a Magneto or a Phoenix.

im not a bog fan of XM early works apart from Magneto,, Thor and Hulk are probably their weakest sculpts,

Until I see a better sculpt of a classic Thor, this statue is the ONE for me.

You know the artist of Thor? It´s just to funny, sorry.

One of the best out there to be sure, but I think maybe once they started this one from scratch they should have taken the design further to REALLY take advantage of Erick's superb dynamics.... However that is just my opinion

I'm a HUGE Sosa fan. I really love his work. Just look at the amazing sculpts he's done for Bowen and Koto. However, I must confess, this XM Thor really doesn't do it for me.

I own this, the original SS exclusive pf, and two 1/4 scale customs. I like all of them for different reasons. I am just glad there are more options for everyone.

XM's God of Thunder arrives!!!

96f89ca6916b61f1621324ec47e354a0.jpg

5f826da13dc8fbf07fd8ca252133d323.jpg

Back