XM Studios Comic Thor

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So a question for all you XM guys and those lucky enough to somehow get one of these, what do they actually retail for?? Would've loved a chance at getting this Thor, but probably for the best anyway... I already spend too much $$$ :cuckoo:

Depends on the exchange rate. Usuallly 900 sgd which depending on rate is about $740 usd. Add in shipping, it's about $900+ to get one to your door.

So a question for all you XM guys and those lucky enough to somehow get one of these, what do they actually retail for?? Would've loved a chance at getting this Thor, but probably for the best anyway... I already spend too much $$$ :cuckoo:

For the big statues (IE: Hulk, Magneto, Phoenix, Thor) your probably looking at $950-$1000 shipped... For their smaller statues (IE: Ms. Marvel, Hawkeye, Captain America) your looking around $650-$750 shipped.... that's if you can find them for retail...

Thanks to those that replied about the prices. I knew the XM stuff was pricey, but damn!! :horror Sideshow's 1/4 scale are a down right bargain!! :lol

$1500 that's pricey, but I'm sure it'll be better than eBay. Have to laugh the list price is crossed out, yet it's still the same sale price. :lol

$1500 that's pricey, but I'm sure it'll be better than eBay. Have to laugh the list price is crossed out, yet it's still the same sale price. :lol

If you look carefully it basically says the entire price is subject to change. Meaning you PO it at $1500 but it could go higher.

I have a question. I noticed on these threads that no one seems to have an issue with actual stores bumping prices up on preorders. This seems like really dirty business tactics to me. I've never heard of any stores ever doing this except with XM products. is everyone ok with them doing this? Just wondering as no one seems to mind, but I can't help wonder why. $1500 for this from a store + shipping and subject to change?!! WTF. Not saying the piece isn't worth that, but that really disgusts me tbh that they get away with it.....

I have a question. I noticed on these threads that no one seems to have an issue with actual stores bumping prices up on preorders. This seems like really dirty business tactics to me. I've never heard of any stores ever doing this except with XM products. is everyone ok with them doing this? Just wondering as no one seems to mind, but I can't help wonder why. $1500 for this from a store + shipping and subject to change?!! WTF. Not saying the piece isn't worth that, but that really disgusts me tbh that they get away with it.....

The official XM region distributors sell their allotment at XM suggested retail price or lower. Problem is only 3-4 actually ever put any up. Most have theirs sold through in house early preordering loyalty programs and never have any for the general public on po day. The official XM European seller if much higher. The US retailers rely on a dealer to get any XM pieces since XM doesn't have a license to sell outside their region. It's now known you can make money off XM statues so more people are getting in the game just to make a dollar. You also have more collectors wanting XM pieces. It's the perfect flipping storm. Just because Secret Compass is charging $1500 it doesn't mean they are making all that profit. The dealer knows he can charge a big markup and if SC doesn't like it he can sell it themself. It's only going to get worse.

my connection may have his allotment cut for future pieces...If that is the case, I will be tempted to buy $3k from SimpleToys now to get on their "program".

I asked ST about the Thor waitlist and if they thought they may get a few more. Here is their response...

"I am afraid we will not be able to get more stocks from XM as qty is allocated to us and not requested for by us. For those on waitlist, we do not give preference to elite members. All customers are ranked in the order the name has been registered on the waitlist."

So if you are on the waitlist you have a snowballs chance in Hell in getting a conversion. I don't see anyone cancelling an existing order because they can sell the po for a profit if they can't afford to get it themself come shipping time.

I asked ST about the Thor waitlist and if they thought they may get a few more. Here is their response...

"I am afraid we will not be able to get more stocks from XM as qty is allocated to us and not requested for by us. For those on waitlist, we do not give preference to elite members. All customers are ranked in the order the name has been registered on the waitlist."

So if you are on the waitlist you have a snowballs chance in Hell in getting a conversion. I don't see anyone cancelling an existing order because they can sell the po for a profit if they can't afford to get it themself come shipping time.

When and how did you get in contact with them? I have sent a few mails yesterday and today regarding my Thor PO and another PO, but no answer...

You guys have to remember that the US Stores such as Secret Compass, BBTS and Speculative Fiction can't buy directly from XM, so they have to use a middle man, the middle men are raising their prices about $500 over Suggest Retail from XM, nothing these shops can do but to pass on the increase of the price to their customers. I've talked to a couple of these stores and they have said they are thinking about not carrying XM products anymore due to the constant price increases and I completely understand, these stores have tried really hard to get us customers good prices but it's gotten the point now that they are at the mercy of the middle men who see major profits due to XM's popularity.

Honestly I don't have a problem with it...IMHO it comes down to whether you believe in capitalism or not. I refuse to be one of those people who only supports capitalism when they are able to purchase merchandise at their desired price point. But when the price point is higher than they are willing and/or able to pay...all the sudden there is an issue. I support a person's (or retailer's) right to sell their property (in a legal transaction between consenting parties) at whatever price they feel is appropriate.

At the end of the day, let's not forget we have the power to vote with our wallets...that is the beauty of the free market system. No one is putting a gun to our heads and forcing us to pay $1,500 for Thor statue. But if one person elects to spend their hard earned $1,500 on Thor...then evidently $1,500 was the correct price. It just may not be the price you want pay personally...and that's ok.

Back