XM Studios Captain America

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah I'm fine, just had some tests for a stomach thing, combined with some emergency dental work, nothing serious, but still a quick grand or so I wasn't planning to spend. I resent depleting savings for this stuff and I was planning to sell the figures anyways so the proceeds will just go there first before Cap so I don't have to touch my regular or savings accounts. Just astonishing that with good insurance 2 quick trips to the doc and a few blood tests cost over a grand.

most of that mustve been dental? even with crappy insurance stomach labs/test wouldnt cost that much-- unless ya got scoped which mustve been ... fun

most of that mustve been dental? even with crappy insurance stomach labs/test wouldnt cost that much-- unless ya got scoped which mustve been ... fun

Ugh... no the scope is coming on Monday. So much fun.

But the stomach tests happened when my insurance was so-so, I've upgraded since. I went to a doctor my cousin recommended who it turns out is ridiculously expensive. Charged me $400 for a consultation and I've gotten 3 different bills from the lab totally another $300 or so. Dental was about $300.

Sucks enough without this garbage pushing my Cap purchase back a few weeks.

I might be ordering something from the phillipines, I'm being told there will be no import/custom fees I will have to pay.. Is this true? Or is there a way seller can pay those fees upfront when he ships it?

I don't quite understand shipping from other places to US...

I might be ordering something from the phillipines, I'm being told there will be no import/custom fees I will have to pay.. Is this true? Or is there a way seller can pay those fees upfront when he ships it?

They might mark it as a gift, or put a very low value on the forms.

What are you getting?

I don't think putting gift means anything as customs are based on value alone, not commercial vs gift. There are also no duty taxes on items under $200. But if you do this you can't insure it for the full amount and it's also illegal. It all depends on what Harmonized Code they use. If they mark it under code 9503.00.0090, Toys and Games - Figures and Dolls - Human Character, then there is 0% duty fee and no processing fee. And that's actually the closest proper code as far as I can figure. In the codes there is a category for statues under collectibles, but then there is no subcategory that describes them correctly, they are all things like wood statues, metal things, antiques and such. So you shouldn't have to pay import duty and declare/insure the full amount.

Just don't let them ship it Fedex and you've got nothing to worry about. I've purchased tons if customs over the years from the Phillipines. Never once been hit with any custom fees. Only time I've ever been billed for something outside of the US a as using fedex

Just don't let them ship it Fedex and you've got nothing to worry about. I've purchased tons if customs over the years from the Phillipines. Never once been hit with any custom fees. Only time I've ever been billed for something outside of the US a as using fedex

I'm gonna FedEx you till kingdom come, Tav. Bet on it.

Your different bro. I love your import fees

1959276_10152213775387390_1575226257_n.jpg

:cuckoo:

Ah cool. Thanks for the clarification. So two more days :(

just got my cap from ST yesterday & he is Glorius! but his
box was destroyed :dunno the packagin looked amazing until i took off the top cover & the air was filled with styrofoam floaties with one full side & 1/2 of another busted up. its a Tribute to xm package engineering that nothing on cap was broken or even scratched. if i could figure out howto post pics here id post my horror! all i could think while i was unwrapping pieces was the cost of s&h Back to singapore!

box was destroyed :dunno the packagin looked amazing until i took off the top cover & the air was filled with styrofoam floaties with one full side & 1/2 of another busted up. its a Tribute to xm package engineering that nothing on cap was broken or even scratched. if i could figure out howto post pics here id post my horror! all i could think while i was unwrapping pieces was the cost of s&h Back to singapore!

Best packaging from any statue company!

That's the second time I have heard this...you being the second. I think what is happening is Fed Ex and whoever else is loading and unloading these things are just tossing them around like paper. My outer brown box came like the Kraken got hold of it and ripped the outer brown box to shreds. The inside top Styrofoam cover had a ding from the base. These delivery services are for the birds man...I tell ya!

Back