XM Studios Captain America

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah... Gonna have to picky myself and hope they last a while for reasonable prices. Wolverine is a for sure, since I missed the premium format and think I prefer this. There isn't even much of a price difference for that... Phoenix is likely a must too. After that Magneto is important, maybe Thor and Thanos is guaranteed if the head sculpt comes out right. Hawkeye is a slim maybe and I can pass on ant man and ms marvel pretty easily.

How is 5 out of 8 being picky? :rotfl

Right now I'm selling off everything I'm willing to part with so I can get most of these myself...

How is 5 out of 8 being picky? :rotfl

Right now I'm selling off everything I'm willing to part with so I can get most of these myself...

Hey. How about you shut up? :)

I enjoy my delusions. I won't be ordering them all at once. Will be one at a time. Those are the ones I plan to ultimately get. That may take me a year or more. And I forgot Mark VII lol.

Actually, the word is, there'll be up to 8 POs opening up during the Singapore Convention. Excluding Magneto, which may be launched soon.
So,
1. Wolverine
2. Antman
3. Hawkeye
4. Thor
5. Ms Marvel
6. Phoenix
7. Iron Man mk7
8. Thanos
Convention starts 6 September 2014

Time for me to stock up on ramen

Damn, hope we get that Mags put up for PO soon then. Want as much distance between Mags and Phoenix as possible.

Don't forget the Magneto that's going up for PO before those. But for you talented Gigolo, that's like an hour of work.

Oh here's just a small taste of some of my moves.... Couple dedicated evenings is all it will take

DancingStripper-ChrisFarley.gif

Yeah... Gonna have to picky myself and hope they last a while for reasonable prices. Wolverine is a for sure, since I missed the premium format and think I prefer this. There isn't even much of a price difference for that... Phoenix is likely a must too. After that Magneto is important, maybe Thor and Thanos is guaranteed if the head sculpt comes out right. Hawkeye is a slim maybe and I can pass on ant man and ms marvel pretty easily.

This is pretty much exactly where I am at on character selection minus Hawkeye. Wolverine is at the top of my list, didn't think I would like the unmasked head but they hit a home run on it.

Don't feel like you are the only one Ken....I think most who are on the fence of XM products feel that way.

Btw....is it just me...or does anyone else think Phoenix is every bit as impressive as Magneto??? I sure do...but I still like Magneto just a snippet more.

I do! Despite all the complaining people are doing I actually think Phoenix will be an epic success and I look forward to showing her off :)

Wolverine & Mags are ordered

Phoenix will be to

Debating Thanos. I really like there Thor as well. It'll just depend on how spread out Thanos & Thor are before ordering

Actually, the word is, there'll be up to 8 POs opening up during the Singapore Convention. Excluding Magneto, which may be launched soon.
So,
1. Wolverine
2. Antman
3. Hawkeye
4. Thor
5. Ms Marvel
6. Phoenix
7. Iron Man mk7
8. Thanos
Convention starts 6 September 2014

Time for me to stock up on ramen

Wow, Wolverine, Hawkeye, Thor and Phoenix are all in the running for my money so far. Mags as well is almost a lock for me.

Sorry....Captain America already claimed that first spot.

Only reason I didn't say capt. was a grail was because there is a lot of good looking Captain America statues out there atm.... it's tough competition when it comes to this character... That said XM Capt. is my favorite so far...

Only reason I didn't say capt. was a grail was because there is a lot of good looking Captain America statues out there atm.... it's tough competition when it comes to this character... That said XM Capt. is my favorite so far...

There is no denying that there are other good looking Caps. But XM to me is the perfect comic rendition....so that is why I give it grail status. Its damn near perfection.

I don't know if I have ever looked at what makes a statue a grail to me. Now thinking about it....I think for a statue to be a grail, it has to be the best COMIC rendition of the character while at the same time having great paint apps, pose, options, etc.

There is no denying that there are other good looking Caps. But XM to me is the perfect comic rendition....so that is why I give it grail status. Its damn near perfection.

I don't know if I have ever looked at what makes a statue a grail to me. Now thinking about it....I think for a statue to be a grail, it has to be the best COMIC rendition of the character while at the same time having great paint apps, pose, options, etc.

Well said

Have to agree with Loric. Cap was the first grail status statue XM has offered. It will be exciting to watch how much people pay for him as the years go on. Although I don't consider my collection an investment it's nice to see money spent well.

Magneto however seems to have won the hearts of everybody. It helps that he's the only option for a 1/4 scale statue unless you get into the custom market. I'm willin to bet Mags is gone in 2 months time. Maybe 3. Better get in it boys

My guess would be not much. If I get one in the beginning great. If not, I would be happy getting the statue second hand that didn't include it.

Back