XM Studios Captain America

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You know I actually like the pose better then the new cap coming out from sideshow. The price is steep but you cant deny this is pretty impressive. You can tell some love and care went into designing this statue

In this market there should be a company to compete with Sideshow cause sadly SS thinks whatever I do, I sell! Their QC department sucks nowadays but we continue to shop from them madly! What I see from that photos is this XM could challenge them and this a good thing. Their price will be similar to SS when they sell to worldwide...

I'm gonna have to disagree with you on that.

In the recent past Sideshow's quality problems were numerous and widespread but have you seen the Shaak Ti or Darth Malgus PFs?

Both are outstanding with very few QA issues being reported here on the Freak's board, not sure about other forums.

Sideshow, or any other company, will always have QA hiccups here and there. It's just the nature of the beast, nothing is ever perfect in this world.

But at least Sideshow is slowly improving now.

:peace

I'm gonna have to disagree with you on that.

In the recent past Sideshow's quality problems were numerous and widespread but have you seen the Shaak Ti or Darth Malgus PFs?

Both are outstanding with very few QA issues being reported here on the Freak's board, not sure about other forums.

Sideshow, or any other company, will always have QA hiccups here and there. It's just the nature of the beast, nothing is ever perfect in this world.

But at least Sideshow is slowly improving now.

:peace

Well said Snoop and I agree. There will always be QC problems from time to time, but in the last year or so, Sideshow has clearly improved the quality of their product offerings. THe SW figures Snoop mentions as well as the Mythos line and recent DC and Marvel products have all been good overall for QC.

Well said Snoop and I agree. There will always be QC problems from time to time, but in the last year or so, Sideshow has clearly improved the quality of their product offerings. THe SW figures Snoop mentions as well as the Mythos line and recent DC and Marvel products have all been good overall for QC.

Thanks & absolutely. :duff

That's why I can somewhat justify the price point. We'd never get something like this from Sideshow.

We certainly did a few years ago. The original Cap PF EX features put this piece to shame. That being said, I LOVE the fully sculpted aspect of this piece and the switch out parts. This is a nice piece but I'm not dropping $700 on it. If this was in the $400 range I'd be all over it.

We certainly did a few years ago. The original Cap PF EX features put this piece to shame. That being said, I LOVE the fully sculpted aspect of this piece and the switch out parts. This is a nice piece but I'm not dropping $700 on it. If this was in the $400 range I'd be all over it.

:goodpost:

Agree with every word

In this market there should be a company to compete with Sideshow cause sadly SS thinks whatever I do, I sell! Their QC department sucks nowadays but we continue to shop from them madly! What I see from that photos is this XM could challenge them and this a good thing. Their price will be similar to SS when they sell to worldwide...

I agree. Competition is always a good thing. Will make SSC try harder. I actually really like the look of this statue but am not enough of a fan of captain America to get it. With kind of sculpt quality I would put down that kind of money for a character I really like such as silver surfer or thanos. Really excited to see what they do in the future and what kind of edition sizes they target.

I did PO this.

l love the sculpt and since l stay in Singapore, I kinda save on shipping. (At least that what i told myself when pre-ordering it!!)

But seriously, it is a quite a sculpt and there are intrinsic details. The buttons on the pouches are painted black and silver instead of just brown.

I was at STGCC 2013 and the the guys at XM-Studios were cool enough to remove the clear perspex sheet to allow us to take better pictures of their statues.

Here's a few shots I took. I'm not good at photography, my shots are not showing up the leathery details on the gloves and boots nor the 2 tone effect on the boots. I really like the details on this piece

l was pleasantly surprised to see the details on the wings of Captain A.

Was talking to the sculptor and he will do some more refinements prior to production

I did PO this.

l love the sculpt and since l stay in Singapore, I kinda save on shipping. (At least that what i told myself when pre-ordering it!!)

But seriously, it is a quite a sculpt and there are intrinsic details. The buttons on the pouches are painted black and silver instead of just brown.

I really do like this sculpt. It's a great statue of Cap. The only thing that kind of bugs me is his belt pouches. I expect them on a WWII Cap costume but I have to say I'm not a big fan of them on his classic costume. Just give me a regular black belt on him and call it a day. It's really the only gripe I have with the piece....well, except for the price.

I really do like this sculpt. It's a great statue of Cap. The only thing that kind of bugs me is his belt pouches. I expect them on a WWII Cap costume but I have to say I'm not a big fan of them on his classic costume. Just give me a regular black belt on him and call it a day. It's really the only gripe I have with the piece....well, except for the price.

That's the way he is in the comics now

Nice!!!

I don't know why did they make a closed hand instead of a pointing finger hand..... that would be totally bad ***

I look at this and then at Sideshow's new Cap (or the classic comic for that matter) and there really is no comparison, IMO. This piece is OK, but the lack of detail in the face is a big turn-off.

Back