[XM Studios] Cable

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks awesome. I have a feeling this is going to be a Magneto2.0.
Also, bracing for the usual people who will nitpick to death while foaming because they can't buy it.

He came out looking great. I guess they decided to ditch the scarf?

Also, bracing for the usual people who will nitpick to death while foaming because they can't buy it.

If a person truly wants it they can find a way to get it lol so no need for nitpicking lol.

"See you in STGCC...." XM Studios facebook

13895035_1718946188326073_9194588664064875481_n.jpg

:clap

Does XM do coh? A grizzly bearded/goateed or less clean-cut Cable could be a nice alternate option.

Anyone able to offer some help, I would sell my left nut for this, in fact both. Never bought XM before, but i see collectiblesdirect sells XM in UK, do you think they will stock this?
How does it work with distribution anyway, does this go up for pre-order in Asian markets first? Then other affiliates? I really don't have a clue, seems like it's not very straightforward to buy from this company. Or maybe it's just me...

Govanranger, Cable is an "exclusive" to the STGGC convention coming up in September along with Hulkbuster.

Exclusive in this sense means no other distributors will get an alotment, only XM. You have to pre order at the convntion to get this....some time later (months) it may be offered on XMs site for pre order if it didnt sell out at the cons. XM exclusives are solely related to distrubtion, there is no difference in the statue and it doesn't come with additional pieces like you would normally think of with a SS or P1 Exclusive.

Ghost Rider was the first XM exclusive, Cable and HB are the next two XM exclusives up to bat. Nowhere on the box or inside does it say "exclusive" which is a kind of a bummer.

It would be nice if they added a little something extra for collectors considering its an exclusive :)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk

Cheers for the info, much appreciated.
Govanranger, Cable is an "exclusive" to the STGGC convention coming up in September along with Hulkbuster.

Exclusive in this sense means no other distributors will get an alotment, only XM. You have to pre order at the convntion to get this....some time later (months) it may be offered on XMs site for pre order if it didnt sell out at the cons. XM exclusives are solely related to distrubtion, there is no difference in the statue and it doesn't come with additional pieces like you would normally think of with a SS or P1 Exclusive.

Ghost Rider was the first XM exclusive, Cable and HB are the next two XM exclusives up to bat. Nowhere on the box or inside does it say "exclusive" which is a kind of a bummer.

It would be nice if they added a little something extra for collectors considering its an exclusive :)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk

I don't like the way this one turned out. He's not beefy enough and the face sculpt just looks off.

Agree on both points. He has never been trim. He has always been an imposing presence with huge muscles and body defintion. Those arms should be way bigger. And his body should be bulky.

The face just does not reflect him either. Too narrow and long a face. should be wider.

Its only because I know xm listens to us guys, that Im still picking him up, but will definitely get rid of po if they can't fix these 2 basic things.

I think stature will be the Hulkbuster, but this is a damn nice statue. As for the nitpicking that goes on, well that happened with every company and every piece. I can predict the guys who will come in crap in an SSC piece the same way I can predict those who will do the same to an XM piece... And the diehards are just as obvious. No one company is above criticism or automatically deserves praise. My guess will be on this one the criticisms in this one will be the face, and maybe the size of Cable, up but those are just opinions not facts.

Let's see the actual photo from the STGCC before we nitpick this statue for every detail.

Wait so you have to have travel to Singapore and get a ticket into the convention and then be one of the few inside that gets to pre order one? Lol

Wait so you have to have travel to Singapore and get a ticket into the convention and then be one of the few inside that gets to pre order one? Lol

No. You'll also be able to order it at their store or the site when the time comes too.

Oh yea... I forgot... Wait, the eye could be bad too. Hmm, ooh hollow statues too. :lol

I think stature will be the Hulkbuster, but this is a damn nice statue.

To go into details: I think the Hulkbuster will be just too damn expensive to gain much value (if at all) in the aftermarket. Hulkbuster on itself is not a sought after kind of suit and the market is saturated with IM products, as crazy detailed as it is, I just don't see it climbing in price.
Cable on the other hand is very popular, between collectors he is incredibly popular and people have been waiting for him for a lifetime, exactly as with Magneto. There are no other options in 1:4 scale (and the few custom projects I've seen are nowhere close to being as good as the XM one) so un less they pick some weird color scheme or crap things up during production, I think it has the same premises that Magneto had.

As for the nitpicking that goes on, well that happened with every company and every piece. I can predict the guys who will come in crap in an SSC piece the same way I can predict those who will do the same to an XM piece... And the diehards are just as obvious. No one company is above criticism or automatically deserves praise. My guess will be on this one the criticisms in this one will be the face, and maybe the size of Cable, up but those are just opinions not facts.

I don't have a problem with people don't liking something. If we're talking of something very limited and hard to acquire, even better, makes life easier on those who do.
But the relevant difference imho is that Sideshow pieces are judged on full galleries of professional pictures of a professional painted prototype. Not on some random cellphone angle picture.
It's clear that when you take a picture like the ones posted here and people based on it people start saying that "the shade of blue is not the exact one I want, the head is 3% smaller, the angle of the lips is 7.8 degrees too downward", those people are just willing to nitpick for the sake of it and probably never had the slightest intention to buy.
And I don't agree about them being the same that crap over Sideshow stuff, I see a lot of them who then buy PFs and are willing to overlook glaring defects.
It's the usual same old story that what you buy is gold, what you can't buy is crap. It's one of the staples of this hobby.
It also seems to me that XM pieces have much more scrutiny going on, case in point, take the Wolverine XM and the drama about the heads and arms hair, compare it to the Brown Wolverine PF, that has even weaker head sculpts and no arms hair - yet nobody blinked.
I feel there's a portion of collectors that just because they're outside the licensed area and have to pay 200$ shipping, somehow feel entitled to nitpick more than ever. And they tend to voice a damn lot, many of them actually are not even buying.
While I agree that a higher pricing should come with better quality and so on, I'm not dumb enough to think that XM "takes 1000$ for their statues, durr" when it's not true and it's quite dumbproof to realize that the retail price is not that high.
The opposite, it's mind boggling that something like Phoenix retailed at 700$ and the Mark 7 at 615$ given the production costs we see between companies. The fact that I'm paying high shipping doesn't make me feel entitled to demand an infinite amount of extras and changes when I know that the actual money that goes into XM's pocket is a VERY reasonable amount for what they put out.

I wouldn't have no issue with any of the above, tho, if it wasn't that in the past such complaints prompted changes in the production pieces, changes that weren't always for the better (like Wolverine's hair, in fact) and bottom line just caused additional headache to those who actually bought and paid.
It's just too much of an energy waste to start looking around, contacting sellers and try to jump on an interest list for a statue and secure a spot, just to see it changed before preorder (or after) because a bunch of non paying customers on the internet come up with the most idiotic nitpicks. There's just too many things to do with our time and money to waste them on such things.

Back