[XM Studios] Cable

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So I'm curious on how xm will go with the faces on these x-men pieces? The cable sculpt looks amazing, but even from the wip it doesn't really look like cables face. It resembles him, but not accurate to me. We all know that once these pieces get painted they don't turn out like the wip human faces. Note : I'm only referring to human face sculpts which they struggle with. Im just concerned as a lot of the x-men have human faces and to me getting one of these pieces, depends on that accuracy. I don't think its fair we have to keep paying an extra $200-300 for a custom head sculpt replacement by someone else because they can't get it right.

So you rather have a Rob Liefeld portrait?

With the exception of conventions, preorders go up after the proto is done. In the past maybe, but that doesn't seem to be the practice anymore. I believe they implemented this starting with Kraven, but I may be wrong.

ya but if you want any chance of getting a popular character here in North America you have to generally put your order in well before that... Thats been my experience anyways

If you don´t like it, don´t buy it. :)

Um thanks for this intelligent response. Of coarse I won't if I don't like it. It was a question on people's thoughts on the face sculpt & xms issues with their human faces. Amazes me how people defend the crap out of xm even when some of their material isn't great. They aren't perfect. No company is. It's quite common they struggle with human face sculpts. I buy their pieces but I'm still not blind to what they don't do well. Would b appreciated if u actually answer my question in the future rather than being sarcastic :)

Um thanks for this intelligent response. Of coarse I won't if I don't like it. It was a question on people's thoughts on the face sculpt & xms issues with their human faces. Amazes me how people defend the crap out of xm even when some of their material isn't great. They aren't perfect. No company is. It's quite common they struggle with human face sculpts. I buy their pieces but I'm still not blind to what they don't do well. Would b appreciated if u actually answer my question in the future rather than being sarcastic :)

Lol great opinion to generalize all of the face sculpts. I actually agreed with you to an extent especially with hulk, unmasked wolverine and the original daredevil. But really with Magneto, black widow, and phoenix? I don't necessarily think it's a matter of people jumping to XM'S defense but they don't agree with your opinion.

As to Rob Liefeld, in my opinion the guy is a tool who doesn't understand body proportions.

Unlike most other people who post here, I've seen almost any XM piece in person.
The paint app on characters like Magneto, Black Bolt, Wolverine and Hawkeye is great - talking about their faces. Actually, better than most other comic statues around. Their females could be improved but they have absolutely nothing less than any other female PF done so far - if you really think that, say, the XM Phoenix has anything less than Ms Marvel PF and such, you're delusional or you're one of the many guys hyping their s--t and blabbering "grail" every other post.
Female PFs with skin texturing, realistic skin colors and shades are a very recent thing, like Dark Phoenix, and they have yet to come out.
Also, the paint apps on recent characters like Mysterio, Punisher and Kraven have nothing out of place to me, their faces have nice realistic tones and shades, so anything similar will work for Cable.

And just to rehiterate: I find hilarious when people compare XM's paint apps to Sideshow's comics stuff, which is nowhere better or more detailed. I'd perfectly agree if we were talking a Blitzway piece vs any XM piece, but seriously, Sideshow's comics PF are nothing special in terms of face paint apps.

I take it this isnt going to be super tall? I have limited height in two cubes due to other things being tall. This may just be perfect for the space!

I take it this isnt going to be super tall? I have limited height in two cubes due to other things being tall. This may just be perfect for the space!

I think it depends what arms he comes with. Him holding the rifle higher in the air will probably be 20-22 inches. Time will tell though. Either way I am ALL IN for my favorite mutant time traveler.

Well, the total height of Mags is 17" so by the looks of it Cable can be roughly around 20" or so?

EDIT: Rifle will add a bit to the height.

NApfzrJ.jpg

Lol....talented

Deadpool
Cable etc. :dunno
Best selling record on x force
Living the life style of the rich and famous as in the episode that aired

A few may not like his art because they can never master his style or it could be jealously just saying. Not always the case but there must be a lot out there. Some just hate him for his tough personality but you got to be tough in this tough business.

Deadpool

A few may not like his art because they can never master his style or it could be jealously just saying. Not always the case but there must be a lot out there. Some just hate him for his tough personality but you got to be tough in this tough business.

I think most people dislike him cuz he's a bad artist. His proportion and anatomy are straight ATROCIOUS...this is fact. He created some popular characters and made gobs of money...good for him. As an artist myself, I can't stand looking at his work cuz it's TERRIBLE.

I think most people dislike him cuz he's a bad artist. His proportion and anatomy are straight ATROCIOUS...this is fact. He created some popular characters and made gobs of money...good for him. As an artist myself, I can't stand looking at his work cuz it's TERRIBLE.

Agreed. I love that he helped create Cable (one of my top 5 favorite characters) and Deadpool. But his art is awful and he has been talked about as being a toolbag by MANY people on MANY different occasions.

Deadpool

A 5 year old could blow past what he puts on paper :lol

Back