[XM Studios] Cable

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No. You'll also be able to order it at their store or the site when the time comes too.

If Cable ends up being like GR, I think you'll be in for a tough fight trying to get that PO online when it happens. STGCC is anyone's best bet for now, for those who can make it there anyway. Case in point, I PO'ed GR the second it went up, still didn't get it. Neither did lots of people out there who did the same. And I live in the same country ffs.

13934681_1100889726667108_1049955832655289208_n.jpg

Oh yea... I forgot... Wait, the eye could be bad too. Hmm, ooh hollow statues too. :lol

Googly cybernetic eyes....lol

To go into details: I think the Hulkbuster will be just too damn expensive to gain much value (if at all) in the aftermarket. Hulkbuster on itself is not a sought after kind of suit and the market is saturated with IM products, as crazy detailed as it is, I just don't see it climbing in price.
Cable on the other hand is very popular, between collectors he is incredibly popular and people have been waiting for him for a lifetime, exactly as with Magneto. There are no other options in 1:4 scale (and the few custom projects I've seen are nowhere close to being as good as the XM one) so un less they pick some weird color scheme or crap things up during production, I think it has the same premises that Magneto had.

I don't have a problem with people don't liking something. If we're talking of something very limited and hard to acquire, even better, makes life easier on those who do.
But the relevant difference imho is that Sideshow pieces are judged on full galleries of professional pictures of a professional painted prototype. Not on some random cellphone angle picture.
It's clear that when you take a picture like the ones posted here and people based on it people start saying that "the shade of blue is not the exact one I want, the head is 3% smaller, the angle of the lips is 7.8 degrees too downward", those people are just willing to nitpick for the sake of it and probably never had the slightest intention to buy.
And I don't agree about them being the same that crap over Sideshow stuff, I see a lot of them who then buy PFs and are willing to overlook glaring defects.
It's the usual same old story that what you buy is gold, what you can't buy is crap. It's one of the staples of this hobby.
It also seems to me that XM pieces have much more scrutiny going on, case in point, take the Wolverine XM and the drama about the heads and arms hair, compare it to the Brown Wolverine PF, that has even weaker head sculpts and no arms hair - yet nobody blinked.
I feel there's a portion of collectors that just because they're outside the licensed area and have to pay 200$ shipping, somehow feel entitled to nitpick more than ever. And they tend to voice a damn lot, many of them actually are not even buying.
While I agree that a higher pricing should come with better quality and so on, I'm not dumb enough to think that XM "takes 1000$ for their statues, durr" when it's not true and it's quite dumbproof to realize that the retail price is not that high.
The opposite, it's mind boggling that something like Phoenix retailed at 700$ and the Mark 7 at 615$ given the production costs we see between companies. The fact that I'm paying high shipping doesn't make me feel entitled to demand an infinite amount of extras and changes when I know that the actual money that goes into XM's pocket is a VERY reasonable amount for what they put out.

I wouldn't have no issue with any of the above, tho, if it wasn't that in the past such complaints prompted changes in the production pieces, changes that weren't always for the better (like Wolverine's hair, in fact) and bottom line just caused additional headache to those who actually bought and paid.
It's just too much of an energy waste to start looking around, contacting sellers and try to jump on an interest list for a statue and secure a spot, just to see it changed before preorder (or after) because a bunch of non paying customers on the internet come up with the most idiotic nitpicks. There's just too many things to do with our time and money to waste them on such things.

Okay I dont disagree with anything you have said, but sometimes XM takes it upon themselves to make changes or tweaks that severely alter a piece father it has been up for its official PO. It was the fan uproar that got the original Phoenix PO head, such as it is, back in the box so to speak. It was also the fans that caught the head deformation problems on the long hair BW portraits.

So much bad talk about a bad picture which is distorted from a bad cam angle. I love it. :rotfl

The XM guys NEED to get better cellphones and just a better camera...lol. Half their pics look squished or grainy....lol.

So basically due to Disney's rules, Cable cant look down the sights of a gun but can hold the gun out ?

Shouldn't his face be looking at where the gun is pointing? Or it's just the camera angle

Had this on PO back in the day before the brief pause in production of Xmen but now XM stuff is just too pricey. This will be 1k for those of us stateside and that's a Prime 1 1/3 scale price lol. Gonna prob pass on XM from here on out which makes me sad if they make a Jubilee or something. I hope Prime 1 gets into Xmen 1/4!

Had this on PO back in the day before the brief pause in production of Xmen but now XM stuff is just too pricey. This will be 1k for those of us stateside and that's a Prime 1 1/3 scale price lol. Gonna prob pass on XM from here on out which makes me sad if they make a Jubilee or something. I hope Prime 1 gets into Xmen 1/4!

This is the one thing that doesn't bother me. I love the big and intricate bases, so what you get from XM is definitely comparable to what you get with Prime 1. If you care more about the size of the character itself, that's different.

Looking at this pic, i think there definately needs to be change to the cybernetic arm. It looks like an actual robot appendage when its not. Cable ALWAYS has regular arm appendages which have the metal virus on them. The middle section looks like a robocop arm and not an actual arm. No idea why they went this route. nothing like the character. Sometimes I don't get why they go so far on their 'creative differences'.

Looking at this pic, i think there definately needs to be change to the cybernetic arm. It looks like an actual robot appendage when its not. Cable ALWAYS has regular arm appendages which have the metal virus on them. The middle section looks like a robocop arm and not an actual arm. No idea why they went this route. nothing like the character. Sometimes I don't get why they go so far on their 'creative differences'.

This is the kind of nitpick I'll never understand in comic pieces.
It's a techno organic virus, it's literally grafted to his skin and it makes perfect sense that it has wiring merged into his body parts. It's not a metal cover (like Colossus) and it's not a creative difference, it's what it actually is in the comics. The fact that comic panels most often have it drawn like a generic metallic arm it's just to keep things simple and that comic panels don't have that much detailing going into them, usually, but it's pretty clear what's the techno virus is supposed to look like:

5d0w7k.jpg

cable17.jpg

It's the same kind of pointless debate about his eyes. I just finished re-reading Messiah Complex and the way his eyes are drawn is all over the place. I'm posting some examples:
-first twe, he has a white right eye and a normal left eye
-third, normal right eye and light up left eye
-fourth, Cable #24 cover has a normal right eye and a white left eye

I could go on all day but the point is that I don't see why people think that they got the "right way he should be" when actual Marvel drawers didn't even bother to keep such details consistent within the same story arc. I really don't see the point of making an argument about some wiring going into his armpit/forearm or his cybernetic eye being... well, mechanical. Both of which are perfectly fine points in line with the character's look in the comics and the character's background.

p9_146%2Bcopy.jpg

p9_145%2Bcopy.jpg

p9_165%2Bcopy.jpg

cable_24_02.jpg

This is the kind of nitpick I'll never understand in comic pieces.
It's a techno organic virus, it's literally grafted to his skin and it makes perfect sense that it has wiring merged into his body parts. It's not a metal cover (like Colossus) and it's not a creative difference, it's what it actually is in the comics. The fact that comic panels most often have it drawn like a generic metallic arm it's just to keep things simple and that comic panels don't have that much detailing going into them, usually, but it's pretty clear what's the techno virus is supposed to look like:

5d0w7k.jpg

cable17.jpg

It's the same kind of pointless debate about his eyes. I just finished re-reading Messiah Complex and the way his eyes are drawn is all over the place. I'm posting some examples:
-first twe, he has a white right eye and a normal left eye
-third, normal right eye and light up left eye
-fourth, Cable #24 cover has a normal right eye and a white left eye

I could go on all day but the point is that I don't see why people think that they got the "right way he should be" when actual Marvel drawers didn't even bother to keep such details consistent within the same story arc. I really don't see the point of making an argument about some wiring going into his armpit/forearm or his cybernetic eye being... well, mechanical. Both of which are perfectly fine points in line with the character's look in the comics and the character's background.

p9_146%2Bcopy.jpg

p9_145%2Bcopy.jpg

p9_165%2Bcopy.jpg

cable_24_02.jpg

Um yeah, thanks for actually proving my point. You argue against it, yet every single pic you show displays him with a full arm and not robotic. even you said they do that "just to keep it simple.' So i don't get it. Are you saying they do or don't do it?

Your pics show a full arm (just some have the techno virus mesh over it), not a robotic arm anywhere. You admit people draw it that way, yet say its not how its meant to be? Really confusing point.

While I agree with you about the arm, any argument could be dismissed by referencing bad, lazy artists.

Um yeah, thanks for actually proving my point. You argue against it, yet every single pic you show displays him with a full arm and not robotic. even you said they do that "just to keep it simple.' So i don't get it. Are you saying they do or don't do it?

Your pics show a full arm (just some have the techno virus mesh over it), not a robotic arm anywhere. You admit people draw it that way, yet say its not how its meant to be? Really confusing answer.

Man, seriously. Unless I totally misunderstood what you said - you're talking of the inner part of the arm, right?
The only one visible in the pic. And you're talking about how he has wiring that goes into his forearm and armpit that gives him a robotic look, which is exactly what it should be and yes, I do say that drawers tend to make things simple in a lot of comic panels - but not all of them and not in the more detailed comic covers, where his arm is often drawn as robotic, to the point it could easily be a fully mechanical prosthesis.
All this while a 1:4 scale statue should go the opposite direction, not sure about others but I personally don't want to pay 1000$ for a 1:4 Bowen.
Not that you get a lot of panels showing the inner portion of people's arms in the comics, usually, they're most often covered/shadowed, but here some:

- x-cutioner song's cover, clearly visible wiring and robotic look:

0f404cd6839a626d8441073f1ad6beaf.jpg

-wiring in his forearm and upper pec:

Cable05.jpg

-again visible wiring around the elbow area:

5f8164c69a59f6c153b3e0bba79e655b.jpg

-moar plating-wiring inside his arm:

emhhRu7.jpg

-something like pipes-tubes running inside his arm:

big_thumb_9d263db1f96d6aef2e7197554c994f83.jpg

-even Jim Lee gave his arm a plated/Terminator look instead of a flat metal cover like Colossus:

new-mutants.jpg

-Olivetti too as you can see the inner elbow articulation and plating that gives him a robotic arm look:

cablearm.jpg

Same as above... could go on all day. There's absolutely no consistency in the way his arm, eye and techno virus is drawn. Claiming that "this way is wrong, that other one is right" seems moot to me.

I really prefer the way XM did the arm, much much more than these comic pics Im seeing. Thankfully :)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk

Same I much prefer the way xm designed their arm. It shows off their creativity in prosthetic design and engineering along with adding a level of detail that people like me can appreciate.

Back