Xm studios black Panther

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The change works and looks good. Now instead of a generic African background, he looks like he's actually in Wakanda.

If the electronic dept could be made easily accessible, they could put light up in the panther eyes. In the comics Wakanda does have panther-shaped towers with defensive tech

If they're going to replace the ropes and wood totem with stone totem, they should might as well remove the silly ropes on both of his arms. But overall, the update looks better and match the sophisticated technological civilization that is Wakanda.

"We've had some great suggestions from the Marvel Team, instead of the generic South African Stone Slab, it would be more relevant to use a Wakanda themed design to show the context. We concur and here is the revised! What do you guys think?"

XM Studios Facebook

13631622_1716916315195727_5483802706933457371_n.jpg

Great changes! Love the updates.....

After seeing these pics, I think they should've kept the first idea rather than update the two background masks. I think now, everything is just black and grey. Which is cool if that's what you like. But I thought the color in the masks allowed you to sort of view everything and have the Panther stand out more in the middle. The mask on the right was also considerably taller, too, which helped draw your eye.

This just doesn't quite stand out for me as much, unfortunately.

I will say, however, that I do like how they made his suit look leather-like. And it has different details within it in different areas, which is really cool.

After seeing these pics, I think they should've kept the first idea rather than update the two background masks. I think now, everything is just black and grey. Which is cool if that's what you like. But I thought the color in the masks allowed you to sort of view everything and have the Panther stand out more in the middle. The mask on the right was also considerably taller, too, which helped draw your eye.

This just doesn't quite stand out for me as much, unfortunately.

I will say, however, that I do like how they made his suit look leather-like. And it has different details within it in different areas, which is really cool.

I agree. This statue is very well done but it just seems drab. I recently ordered the Iron Studios Black Panther movie version and will stick with that for now.

This is far better looking than the IS Black Panther IMO. While I agree that the colors of the previous base popped and looked better, this is still easily the best BP statue I have ever seen.

This is far better looking than the IS Black Panther IMO. While I agree that the colors of the previous base popped and looked better, this is still easily the best BP statue I have ever seen.

Agreed, the IS version looks very dull to me and I just don't get the crazy tall bases they're doing (i know they're doing a diorama scene but those bases are just too tall). The unmasked portrait on XM's Black Panther is crazy good, too

This is a great piece ...no doubt. Definitely better than the version from IS.

I do like the new totems, but what the old wooden totems added to this piece was the additional colors. With the old totems, there were red, blue and green behind BP that made him stand out.

Here's the pic posted by kryzkoopa:
View attachment 269410

This is a great piece ...no doubt. Definitely better than the version from IS.

I do like the new totems, but what the old wooden totems added to this piece was the additional colors. With the old totems, there were red, blue and green behind BP that made him stand out.

Here's the pic posted by kryzkoopa:
View attachment 269410

I agree the new ones look nice, but the old ones color variation helped him pop out more.

Back