XM Studios 1/4 Witchblade Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
XM will probably change a lot on the statue after the PO, which is ridiculous. It'll end up having the right color instead of seaweed green, face sculpts will improve, etc. So tired of them putting up statues that look meh then changing them for the better after the PO is sold out.

New pics. Face is better than most XM sculpts but it's still missing something

163ce9feeaabe7459b00f1b181d95950.jpg

c706bc0af686cfcef4714299ac330245.jpg

59e7d55555587e0a3b8a7e705edc3c84.jpg

ac910c7656286caa6ee21a53e5605b5b.jpg

64e5b9d8e33133c5185a351d4f019052.jpg

This is just disappointing. I love the Witchblade and I thought this was going to be the most have piece for Witchblade fans...but its not. There is so much wrong with it. The face, hair, long neck, head seam, crotch seam, her butt looks weird, paint etc. Just disappointing.

They said they are changing the paint, and the seam will be gone in production statues. Neck doesn't seem too long to me :<

I thought the digital sculpt was magnificent. When they starting tweaking the butt, I thought it was less appealing. Now with the new face and paint apps, it looks pretty bad. Xm keeps losing something along the way after the digital reveals. Their color choices suck the life out of their pieces.... This went from a must buy at one point to a no way in hell I would buy that. I fear the same fate for the darkness statue.

Posted on the other forum and FB

hey guys, thanks for all the feedback! I'm putting the PO on hold till we take in all the feedback and get it as right as we can. I've posted on Facebook the following, feel free to contribute there or here;

===================
Hey peeps! Alot of you have asked why we used a particular green hue on the Witchblade statue. When we were planning the color phase, we went through the classic comics (attaching some images off google) and find that a lot of the earlier appearances seem to feature the green hue, hence we wanted to be more accurate. Also, many asked about having a Michael Turner styled head sculpt, we definitely heard that and went through many rounds internally. However we considered that the Turner style has a distinct look which would seem odd if placed on the current body - the styles aren't really consistent and would look out of place. Lastly, the reason we came up with the current head sculpt was based on feedback on better and more dynamic hair movement and to portray more emotions. The latest sculpt is a complete rework over the 1st with more focus on hair details and a 'Don't mess with me/threatening' look. This is a rework of the 1st head sculpt rather than a second head hence we're not including the first one because that first head is an 'old version'. I know it seems we haven't been listening but trust me guys, that's the last thing we will ever do. Keep your comments coming because we want to make this the best Witchblade you can own. For this reason, we are going to postpone the PO until we've considered and measured all the inputs.
===================

Maybe, I mean it's super close up ;p Seems fine to me even close up but could be. I'm always a fan of getting rid of seams when possible, however as far as seams go it's pretty well disguised. Preferably no seam would be best though.

I like everything but the muddy armor paint and the seams, but I wasn't the target audience for this piece anyway. I think it'd be impressive in-hand.

I'm glad you like it, guys!

Her body style ...body shape ...is not to my liking, so the wait for a 1/4 scale Witchblade continues for me.

I have most of the Moore Witchblade Statues including the 1/2 Scale. Was really hoping to Love this piece but this is just ok to me.
Will still probably end up getting it anyway since we may never get another 1/4 version? Surprised Sideshow hasn't made one yet?

I have to be honest ...that's my one big concern ...that this might be the only 1/4 scale Witchblade we'll ever get. In which case, the last resort will be a custom.

I think it's funny people say it's not real Witchblade unless it looks like the rendition done by an artist that only did a small portion of a giant franchise.

Back