XM Studios 1/4 Spider-Gwen

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Everyone will have to put this at the bottom of their Besta so they can see her face :rotfl

I was opposed to this statue initially but after now seeing the final product I think I may just end up getting her

I was thinking the same thing. You're gonna have to display this well below eye level to see her face. Otherwise you're gonna see bewbs and chin

It'll actually be nice for me to be able to have a statue look better on a lower shelf! I'm running out of room up high.

I love the dynamic pose for Gwen ...but it is really limiting in terms of display option. Even jumping off this bell tower ...it still looks a bit awkward.

I think Gwen would look much better if she was jumping off the bell tower (or anything tall) like as if she was doing a back somersault into a free fall.

"Xm 1/4 scale spiderman Gwen done ....." XM Studios Facebook

13177265_1678658929021466_396573203039583944_n.jpg
The masked sculpt looks like she was either shoved or kicked in the back, off the building, because you can't see her expression.

All and all, this just doesn't work for me. The pose doesn't work, the base is over the top, the face sculpt is less than stellar.

The frustrating thing is XM has raised the bar very high. They have come up with some truly epic poses and statues recently (Lizard, Iron Fist, Ghost Rider, Black Panther, etc.).

They should change the name to XM Clocktower Statue ...and Spider Gwen. For all the polystone theyre using on that thing they could have added two more characters to the diorama. And then theres the scale- 1/4 gwen, 1/10 building. It works as a depth perception sort of illusion but her foot being on it kinda ruins it imo. They would have done better to do a cutout backdrop of a giant clockface behind her. Face is still odd, pose also.

Maybe they'll go back to the drawing board with this.
Save that clocktower base for something else and have her leaping off a rooftop.

Edit: Centurion - great minds think alike!!!!

Spider-Gwen herself looks great and I love the action the pose implies, but look kids Big Ben (Parliament...) needs to go. Spider-Gwen is graceful, young and exuberant - the tower is old, archaic, and static. It needs to go period. They'd be ruining this if they keep it imo. Maybe something simple like this:

young-woman-walking-edge-building-roof-19305016.jpg

Edit: Centurion - great minds think alike!!!!

Spider-Gwen herself looks great and I love the action the pose implies, but look kids Big Ben (Parliament...) needs to go. Spider-Gwen is graceful, young and exuberant - the tower is old, archaic, and static. It needs to go period. They'd be ruining this if they keep it imo. Maybe something simple like this:

View attachment 263511
:) :hi5:

The masked sculpt looks like she was either shoved or kicked in the back, off the building, because you can't see her expression.

this is what my workmate think.......

Attachments

• gwen.jpg
    gwen.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 162
Is it possible that her hair looks "off" because her portrait is being viewed out of context?

She's flipping backwards at a tall height. Her momentum plus winds from that height and her movement is making her hair that way. I'm thinking the portrait might look better if its viewed in context.

Or are people just not liking the sculpt of the hair ...like it's too clumpy or something?

Back