XM Studios 1/4 Spider-Gwen

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is it possible that her hair looks "off" because her portrait is being viewed out of context?

She's flipping backwards at a tall height. Her momentum plus winds from that height and her movement is making her hair that way. I'm thinking the portrait might look better if its viewed in context.

Or are people just not liking the sculpt of the hair ...like it's too clumpy or something?

That's my same concern with them toning down the expression, as well. Once she's put in position, will it look odd that she looks kind of ho-hum now? I liked the wild expression of joy it had better, but damn is this one of the best portraits if they can paint it the way it is digitally. Just a lot of character.

That's my same concern with them toning down the expression, as well. Once she's put in position, will it look odd that she looks kind of ho-hum now? I liked the wild expression of joy it had better, but damn is this one of the best portraits if they can paint it the way it is digitally. Just a lot of character.

Yea, with any changes with this portrait, I'd say it'd be best to view it close up AND zoomed out with respect to her pose. The hair and expression needs to match what she's doing.

And I agree that if XM can replicate the paint app, then this will be a great portrait....as long as it matches the dynamic pose.

Is it possible that her hair looks "off" because her portrait is being viewed out of context?

She's flipping backwards at a tall height. Her momentum plus winds from that height and her movement is making her hair that way. I'm thinking the portrait might look better if its viewed in context.

Or are people just not liking the sculpt of the hair ...like it's too clumpy or something?

Yes, it is hard to tell in these pics what is going on. The face looks really good but the hair is all over the place. Need to see more pics. I appreciate XM listening but I am still wondering if this statue is ever going to truly come together (I wasn't a fan of the pose OR the church/building display).

Yes, it is hard to tell in these pics what is going on. The face looks really good but the hair is all over the place. Need to see more pics. I appreciate XM listening but I am still wondering if this statue is ever going to truly come together (I wasn't a fan of the pose OR the church/building display).

Just read on another statue site that this concept was completely scrapped and they are starting over. Good call in my opinion.

In my opinion, if they're scrapping the portrait, they might as well scrap the whole thing because that was the best part of it. I guess people say they want something different, but they don't mean it. I expect the new portrait to be generic hot blonde now, which makes me sad.

If they want to keep the pose, they need to make her/base as low as possible. Eye connection is vital since she is not dueling anyone. If they're scrapping the pose, that's a good idea. This one is very hard to pull off.

Maybe they should have her on the bottom of a gorgoyle and jumping/falling off.

there's been alot of really good constructive feedback on Spider Gwen and we decided to scrape the whole thing and went back to the drawing board (the new Gwen is gonna be so cool!)

So yeah it's scrapped. I think it was for the best on this one.

On this other statue site (which I don't know if I'm allowed to say), it sounded as if it is going to be the entire statue.

I hope they get it right this time. Focus on a killer Gwen pose and the base should naturally support the main subject without competing with it.

I'm hoping XM will share the new concept art soon for this. My curiosity is going wild.

probably won't be for awhile since they had to start over from scratch, probably will see concept art but won't see a 3D model for a few months.

No doubt ...that's why a sneak peek of a new concept art is all I ask. That'd be sweet.

Back