XM Studios 1/4 Ghost Rider

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
$3K????

Wha????? Wowzers!!!!

I'm sorry, but this piece better light on fire and ride around the house for that kind of money. :lol

Yeah, for $3k, they can keep their statue, which in my eyes looks no more valuable than $700.

They wont have to keep them because they already sold them all. XM is not for people in the US, and some other regions. They are the only company holding strong at an ES of 999 max for each character they release. You never know maybe one day they will be allowed to sell Globally.

For now we have to just sit back and watch, or jump in late to the game and pay high pricing. Same goes for people who were not able to get Magneto at the PO price, and have paid triple since then to have it in their collection.

They wont have to keep them because they already sold them all. XM is not for people in the US, and some other regions. They are the only company holding strong at an ES of 999 max for each character they release. You never know maybe one day they will be allowed to sell Globally.

For now we have to just sit back and watch, or jump in late to the game and pay high pricing. Same goes for people who were not able to get Magneto at the PO price, and have paid triple since then to have it in their collection.

Then you have to factor in the recasts now, which makes things even MORE difficult to obtain.

$3000???? is that retail or aftermarket??

Retail was 990SGD for people paying Deposit only
or
890SGD for people who Pre paid the entire amount at STGCC September 2015

Most of these people who were fortunate to be at the convention were allowed to buy a total of 2 units. There were a decent amount of people selling their Pre orders back then and asking 200SGD above retail. As time went on the pre orders became scarce, and prices kept going up.

Same thing that is currently happening with Cable and Venom.

/

Retail was 990SGD for people paying Deposit only
or
890SGD for people who Pre paid the entire amount at STGCC September 2015

Most of these people who were fortunate to be at the convention were allowed to buy a total of 2 units. There were a decent amount of people selling their Pre orders back then and asking 200SGD above retail. As time went on the pre orders became scarce, and prices kept going up.

Same thing that is currently happening with Cable and Venom.

/

My contact had to pay people to stand in line for him to get several Ghost Riders so it up the cost a bit... I ended up paying $1300 SGD since I paid in full.... But I imagine shipping is going to be around $600 SGD :( So my total cost should be around $1300 USD shipped...

Speculative Fiction has it for $2100 right now if you pay in full, figure shipping will probably be around $400 so roughly around $2500.... after this sells out and flippers are done this statue will probably be a $3000 statue... only 999 made world wide... although whoever gets edition size 666 will probably be able to sell it for a premium :lol

Speculative Fiction has it for $2100 right now if you pay in full, figure shipping will probably be around $400 so roughly around $2500.... after this sells out and flippers are done this statue will probably be a $3000 statue... only 999 made world wide... although whoever gets edition size 666 will probably be able to sell it for a premium :lol

I do think its awesome that the license plate will have the edition number you have received. These are the small details that I love about XM Statues.

/

Well after reading this, those that didn't get him are FKed, maybe after the New has worn off and some may need to recoup and let it go for a lot less than $3000, I have seen this type of frenzy before, now for some it's a waiting game

I think peeps are jumping the gun. What other XM piece besides Magneto goes for $3000? Almost every XM piece gets hyped to no end and everyone speculates that aftermarket prices will hit Mags prices but they never do. I think there will be a high spike in prices early on this piece then like every other XM statue prices will fall and stabilize. Everyone remember when Phoenix was supposed to be the piece to topple Mags? You can pick her up now for around a grand. I think peeps that pay $2000 or more for GR will regret it. Same way peeps that paid $1800+ for Phoenix did.

I think peeps are jumping the gun. What other XM piece besides Magneto goes for $3000? Almost every XM piece gets hyped to no end and everyone speculates that aftermarket prices will hit Mags prices but they never do. I think there will be a high spike in prices early on this piece then like every other XM statue prices will fall and stabilize. Everyone remember when Phoenix was supposed to be the piece to topple Mags? You can pick her up now for around a grand. I think peeps that pay $2000 or more for GR will regret it. Same way peeps that paid $1800+ for Phoenix did.

I agree without a crystal ball there is no way of knowing, all speculation.... I personally didn't think Phoenix was going to be another $3000 statue, as cool as the bird was the character was rather bland as they tried to keep her comic accurate, plus a lot of that talk was before she was painted, a lot of the hype died down some after we saw the final product, thus the drop in price, although even at $1000 that's still a $180 profit for me as I got her for $820 shipped :) ... I think if they took liberties on her like they did Magneto it would of been a way better statue IMO... Now Ghost Rider on the other hand is full of details and the final product actually does look extremely cool... So I won't say it will be a $3000 statue, but I wouldn't be surprised if it does end up being one...

Back