XM Studios 1/4 Ghost Rider

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Doesn't make sense though, I camped on the website till it was exactly midnight, and the next thing I knew he was ordered. Went back to the product page after and he was still available for pre-order till I refreshed it a few seconds later. Doesn't make sense at all that people who did what I did would be placed on the waitlist. XM really screwed this one up big time, was really looking forward to it too.

I know things sell out fast at times like the pcs ryu po in a few secs. So just to be fair to xm how many pieces was put up on the site and how many secs till it sold out? Sometimes if the demand is there things really will sell out in a few secs. I can imagine way more people wants this than the pcs ryu po since there's more collecting marvel. If it sells out that's fast it can be for real.
Only problem is once it sold out the site should say sold out even if it 5 secs. That's the part xm needs to work on as someone already confirm.

I ordered right at the stroke of midnight at 12am Singapore time. Completed the form within 10 seconds, and yet here I am getting my Waitlisted email.

seriously, I don't believe their excuse.

What I heard from my friend was that they took their remaining stock and brought it to the Thailand Comic con and sold it there.

So here they are giving excuses for it being sold out

So glad I have my guy po this for me way back. Now I'm excited to see how much space this thing will take up. Lol looks awesome! Just hope xm can pack this so nothing breaks in transit. This size of this will be impressive!

So glad I have my guy po this for me way back. Now I'm excited to see how much space this thing will take up. Lol looks awesome! Just hope xm can pack this so nothing breaks in transit. This size of this will be impressive!
Im right here with you, I was lucky as well to secure one... You gotta lock these up early I think, otherwise your chances seem slim to none when the actual pre order goes live on the website from the sound of recent posters...unfortunate

I really hope you guys get your WL orders to convert. Best of luck.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk

Im right here with you, I was lucky as well to secure one... You gotta lock these up early I think, otherwise your chances seem slim to none when the actual pre order goes live on the website from the sound of recent posters...unfortunate

I really hope you guys get your WL orders to convert. Best of luck.

If it was meant to be like that, then people would have done something about it. Fact is they didn't say anything to collectors even up till official pre-order date, and I think that's what pisses most people off. If people wanted it that badly and knew the PO was gonna be a dud, they would've done something earlier and not waited for the PO process to screw them over. XM's failed us collectors here, and they know it. What's a little announcement gonna take? They just didn't bother.

I ordered right at the stroke of midnight at 12am Singapore time. Completed the form within 10 seconds, and yet here I am getting my Waitlisted email.

seriously, I don't believe their excuse.

What I heard from my friend was that they took their remaining stock and brought it to the Thailand Comic con and sold it there.

So here they are giving excuses for it being sold out

I'm no tech guy but from what I remember in comp sci is; aside from how quickly you filled out your form, your time may also have been affected by number of "hops" it takes to reach it's destination. A hop is the path your data packet (your form) travels (your router to another router) to reach it's destination (XM sever). As an example, let's say 300 other people filled out their form in 10 seconds, but because there data packets required fewer "hops" than yours, you are wait listed and they are not.

I'm no tech guy but from what I remember in comp sci is; aside from how quickly you filled out your form, your time may also have been affected by number of "hops" it takes to reach it's destination. A hop is the path your data packet (your form) travels (your router to another router) to reach it's destination (XM sever). As an example, let's say 300 other people filled out their form in 10 seconds, but because there data packets required fewer "hops" than yours, you are wait listed and they are not.

At least you're not a tech guy. :)

I remember telling on here many months in advance to try and lock down a pre-order as they were practically sold out that far ahead...

Remember 999 edition sizes are incredibly small considering how big the statue community is worldwide and Xm is arguably the best statue producer at the moment.

It sucks that this is how the popular Xm sculpts have to be obtained, but it is well documented by now.

At least you're not a tech guy. :)
I'm sure there's more to it but generally speaking that's probably why a lot of people didn't get their orders in.:)

In regards to flippers, XM is the only company that is worth their aftermarket price imo. SS,GG, PCS,Koto, they're ok at retail but once the hype dies down and you actually have the product in hand, it's plain to see why XM is the better value. Switch out parts, paint application, quality control, art print, weight, presence their statues are insane. Even the B-rate guys like Antman & Hawkeye look good. This one tho, looks like a big ticket item.

I'm sure there's more to it but generally speaking that's probably why a lot of people didn't get their orders in.:)

It was funny because you explained how latency works, but you started out saying "I'm no tech guy". Anyway good post:hi5:

Why not. If you could instantly sell it off at a crazy price, many will do so

:exactly:

Many flippers (full or part time, private or retail) are also collectors which goes with any hobby. I have one of these locked down but will not say I'm getting one until it's in my possession and I have no intention to sell. But if someone is willing to pay some crazy stupid price for it, I may be stupid enough to sell it, now or later.

Has anyone seen/heard if GR has switch out parts? I don't see any reference in the pictures. Thanks.

Has anyone seen/heard if GR has switch out parts? I don't see any reference in the pictures. Thanks.

None that I've heard of. I think the only place for one would be a different headsculpt, but the one included is already the most fitting for this piece. I really hope they don't include a switch out head, however. I don't want to see this thing ruined with a seam line.

Flippers are everywhere in this hobby. Why won't you if you can get it easily and sell it for x2 the price? It's so easy to, all you have to do is hype up the piece and create a OMG ITS THE BEST STATUE post and then post it for sale next week :lol

Flippers are everywhere in this hobby. Why won't you if you can get it easily and sell it for x2 the price? It's so easy to, all you have to do is hype up the piece and create a OMG ITS THE BEST STATUE post and then post it for sale next week :lol
That seems to be the trend w/ the PCS section at the other forum. Everyone hypes up a statue to artificially inflate the price for the sole purpose of reselling. It's crazy to think people are sheep enough to fall into that mindset. With comic related statues, I noticed that the monetary value doesn't go up until pieces are actually in hand. Even then, their value increases at different rates. Case in point, when I started collecting about 7 years ago SS original Cap PF EX was floating around $700 it wasn't until maybe a couple of years ago, when that statue started breaking into the $1K and 1.5K mark. Actual appreciation, where the monetary value is a reflection of the product, e.g. statues that live up to the "hype"

Back