XM Studios 1/4 Ghost Rider

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The FB statue group you talked about is Statue Collectors?? what's the exact name of the group?

So you think buying from toy-wave is not a good option? I already got the quote and paypal invoice from them.

but now hesitating since there is no deposit and they just asked me to pay full 2400 at once.

No way in hell you should ever do this bro!! They shouldn't be even selling him on an official page. He wasn't even released to any shops at all. Overpriced, illegal and probably someone who got someone in singapore to sell to him and bumping it up.

I would not trust this guy ever. Go to Facebook like the guys said and you will find someone there.

No way in hell you should ever do this bro!! They shouldn't be even selling him on an official page. He wasn't even released to any shops at all. Overpriced, illegal and probably someone who got someone in singapore to sell to him and bumping it up.

I would not trust this guy ever. Go to Facebook like the guys said and you will find someone there.

Toywave is a place that charges double for almost everything I never shop there. Same as many smaller us base sellers like toy arena, toy wiz, etc. these are more like private sellers with prices like those.

Magneto is a rare bird. No other XM piece goes for as much as Mags does. I believe Mags is a much more popular character than GR and there's only 800 Mags statues released by XM. GR will get the full 999 ES. Look at some of the other more popular XM pieces (Wolverine, Phoenix, and Thanos). They are selling for a lot less than Mags and have actually been dropping in price in the aftermarket. I believe the same will happen for GR. Some peeps will bite at around $2000 because they are impatient. Then a few months after release, I believe we'll see a bunch of XM GR statutes going for around $1100-$1200. Some might get desperate and even sell their GR for cost. I see it happening now with Thor. I think the peeps who exercise some patience will get rewarded. I think jumping the gun will cost collectors some decent coin down the line.

Yep... Well said! I got carried away and paid aftermarket 7k for mags, thanos, and green bird lady. Never again will I be so stupid. It was when I just started out and wanted to get them before they rise even more. With competition and high shipping most now will be retail or even less. Even cable, venom, and GR in time. So if you miss out on the po just be patient.

Yep... Well said! I got carried away and paid aftermarket 7k for mags, thanos, and green bird lady. Never again will I be so stupid. It was when I just started out and wanted to get them before they rise even more. With competition and high shipping most now will be retail or even less. Even cable, venom, and GR in time. So if you miss out on the po just be patient.

Well I think it depends on the piece. True Mags is more popular overall, but there are no stunning gr pieces out there like this. and the difference between 800 to 999 us is nothing. both are still rare pieces with low editions.

I think people need to realise that pieces go up in value now depending on the quality of the piece and not because of the name of a company. I see the same hype xm had due to magneto, happening now with Prime 1. And its all based from their 1/3 line. Hell, we have only see a few teaser wips of their 1/4 line and everyone is talking like their are the new Saviours of the Statue industry. All hype until proven.

Some people probably don't like it, but Thanos didn't have the best paint app and due to Phoenix face coming out not great and the addition of the coming SS Phoenix, these are all factors pricing don't jump on them anymore. I think its more likely pieces like their Daredevil and Black Bolt will rise, due to them being impeccable.

Its a great time to be a collector as there are so many choices now. I say just buy a piece because it looks amazing and don't get caught up with a company brand. All of them screw up now and then.

Ps. You gave me a heart attack cbg when you said 7k for those three!!

Estimate release is Sept-Oct 2016. I got one secured. Close to or on release time frame, you may find a deal from some who can't afford or decided to change direction with their collection.

Thanks for the release info. :hi5:

I also have one secured. I was trying to help out blacklizard because he was getting a quote of 2400 shipped paid in full now from a store called Toywave. I told him he can find a better price on FB.

I'm sure they do.....Why not, we provide them with free customer research. They will eventually make a Ghost Rider on his bike.
Doubt it. Not on a bike. Their bases are far less elaborate than XM's. Just look at both of their Phoenix statues for an example.

Doubt it. Not on a bike. Their bases are far less elaborate than XM's. Just look at both of their Phoenix statues for an example.

You have a valid point as far as Sideshows bases being kind of basic.

For me I don't think of the Motorcycle to be the base component. The motorcycle plays such an important role for the character itself. It's like him having a sidekick but his sidekick is a motorcycle.

True that! It's possible SSC could make GR on a bike. They've done big bases before. SSC can definitely see the excitement for this GR.

RWOS was 1/4 scale on a horse so you never know. I'd like to see SS try.

I'd like to see them try as well but I won't hold my breath. SSC has already released 3 GR statues and none of them include his hell bike. I expect the same will happen with the PF. Also, RWOS isn't a Marvel piece. How many SSC Marvel pieces have elaborate bases?

I'd like to see them try as well but I won't hold my breath. SSC has already released 3 GR statues and none of them include his hell bike. I expect the same will happen with the PF. Also, RWOS isn't a Marvel piece. How many SSC Marvel pieces have elaborate bases?

Good point on that. I was talking to my lcs and being a long time SS retailer, he was telling me that depending on license/scale there is a height restricion that cannot be exceeded. That being said RWOS would violate that (different licence) but if SS did GR on bike with both wheels planted on the ground it should be fine.

As stated previously, I also feel the bike is as much a part of the character as anything else even though all the ones they've already done are the figure only. XM Magneto sintinel hand is part of the whole and more than just the base. New Spidey PF (even the cq), new brown Wolverine PF, new Dark Phoenix PF, all of these "bases" are intricate parts of the display as a whole and not just a base. More so than say the og Hulk and Thing pfs.

With what SS has been delivering lately, I'd love to see what they'd do with GR. That way I'd have more to choose from and probably save some $. But with what pricing is at now, I'd think SS would ask almost as much as what it cost to get this if you were able to secure one before now.

Thanks for the release info. :hi5:

I also have one secured. I was trying to help out blacklizard because he was getting a quote of 2400 shipped paid in full now from a store called Toywave. I told him he can find a better price on FB.

Hey Lotus
You are right that I would be suprised...
I actually got the much much better deal from the middleman in Singapore. This is my first time doing business with
so-called "middleman" I am not sure how it will go but it seems like he is really honest guy.

Thank you for your help and advice... I can't imagine I just didn't post on thie thread and pay 2400 for this...omg..

Thank you so much!

Hey Lotus
You are right that I would be suprised...
I actually got the much much better deal from the middleman in Singapore. This is my first time doing business with
so-called "middleman" I am not sure how it will go but it seems like he is really honest guy.

Thank you for your help and advice... I can't imagine I just didn't post on thie thread and pay 2400 for this...omg..

Thank you so much!

Congrats....this makes me feel good. I mean none of us really know one another but in the end we all have one purpose and that's to help each other out as collectors.

As for these middleman sellers they are collectors as well , and I find people in Singapore to be very honest and uphold there side of the deal.

Back