[XM Studios] 1/4 Comic Hawkeye

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks like another must buy for me.. I was never a fan of SS version even though it was probably a bit more comic accurate then this one, but I disliked the bright colors SS used, made hawk look a bit too flamboyant IMO.

Will be interesting to see if there are any other swap outs besides the bow...

So far I really like what I see....

HawkCompairson.jpg

It's interesting as SS usually has more realistic looking statues, but in this case it looks like XM is more of a realistic take on the character and SS is more true to the comic version.

I always thought I preferred the comic style over the realistic style, but I like how XM is mixing both to get their own level of realism into their sculpts. Hawkeye, Wolverine, Phoenix, Magneto all have more of a realistic look to them. The Cap and Black Widow seem more comic style.

Yep I agree with all of this. It is an alternative for those who weren't fans of SSCs, but I don't think it is better.

At first from the unpainted proto.....I felt the same way. Now that I have seen the paint up and ESPECIALLY THE REALISTIC FACE PAINT UP.....this has now become a hands down no contest to me. This is easily now my favorite Hawkeye rendition.

The SS one is still good.....a better looking Hawkeye doesn't take anything away from that....I'm just loving the more muted colors in relation to the skin tone of the XM one. I think its the eyes that give it such realism.

And I think the paint up details on the quiver and belt buckle are just really the icing on the cake. This is one of those statues where you take a quick glance...then take another glance....then start to examine closer and really appreciate all the fine details and appreciate just how much stuff is going on.

This has shot up to my 2nd most wanted piece behind Magneto now. Of course, that will all change once other completed painted protos get done...like the Thor and Phoenix.

Wow!!!

At first from the unpainted proto.....I felt the same way. Now that I have seen the paint up and ESPECIALLY THE REALISTIC FACE PAINT UP.....this has now become a hands down no contest to me. This is easily now my favorite Hawkeye rendition.

The SS one is still good.....a better looking Hawkeye doesn't take anything away from that....I'm just loving the more muted colors in relation to the skin tone of the XM one. I think its the eyes that give it such realism.

And I think the paint up details on the quiver and belt buckle are just really the icing on the cake. This is one of those statues where you take a quick glance...then take another glance....then start to examine closer and really appreciate all the fine details and appreciate just how much stuff is going on.

This has shot up to my 2nd most wanted piece behind Magneto now. Of course, that will all change once other completed painted protos get done...like the Thor and Phoenix.

Wow!!!

Yeah it looks great. There are certain pieces that I can't wait to see. Their comic IronMan, Spiderman,and maybe another Hulk interest me a lot.

I always thought I preferred the comic style over the realistic style, but I like how XM is mixing both to get their own level of realism into their sculpts. Hawkeye, Wolverine, Phoenix, Magneto all have more of a realistic look to them. The Cap and Black Widow seem more comic style.

The newer run of SSC PFs are the hyper-realistic ones. Other are older, comic styled. Both companies are doing good stuff

Yeah it looks great. There are certain pieces that I can't wait to see. Their comic IronMan, Spiderman,and maybe another Hulk interest me a lot.

Another Hulk would be great to see. I don't know what the hell it is with that character but I don't like a single 1/4 scale Hulk by any company. Just give me something like the COM with normal hair, great paint apps, in 1/4 scale, and I'm good.

Another Hulk would be great to see. I don't know what the hell it is with that character but I don't like a single 1/4 scale Hulk by any company. Just give me something like the COM with normal hair, great paint apps, in 1/4 scale, and I'm good.

Well they have Eric Sosa... So we now he can design a good Hulk. We just need to wait and see.... I gotta say though these are crazy times? Oh and I like all of SSCs Hulk, but the Com with a slightly darker Green and the Grey Com hair would be my forever Hulk...lol

Well they have Eric Sosa... So we now he can design a good Hulk. We just need to wait and see.... I gotta say though these are crazy times? Oh and I like all of SSCs Hulk, but the Com with a slightly darker Green and the Grey Com hair would be my forever Hulk...lol

LOVE the green COM. It needed hair, better paint apps and to be 1/4 scale. I would just have mine customized if it was 1/4 scale. Being a 1/5 piece, I can't bring myself to drop those kinds of $$$.

I know the Superman PF is more realistic, but I don't like to as much. I do love the Batman PF though.

Yeah. I feel you. I like the super realistic look in everything. That's why I don't like/want a lot of the old "grail" PF's. Why? Because there are better comic interpretations out there (XM studios), and there are better realistic looking statues (new SSC run). The old stuff is caught in the middle.

This Hawkeye looks awesome. Not a fan of the character and never cared to add him to my collection but this has me thinking.

This Hawkeye looks awesome. Not a fan of the character and never cared to add him to my collection but this has me thinking.

Lol. That's what SS hawkeye did for me. Having the comic PF's of the movie avengers... Or making what ever dream team I want. That's all that is left.

Just noticed one thing. Probably just hype for XM, but why is one of these portraits described as "old looking" and the other referred to as "rugged"? Haha. They look very similar to me...

Thor looks really old. The Hawkeye doesn't look like a spring chicken either but luckily the mask covers half the face. :lol

Thor looks really old. The Hawkeye doesn't look like a spring chicken either but luckily the mask covers half the face. :lol

I think due to hawk eyes pale complexion, he looks older. But while on the honesty train, the textures on this XM hawkeye's clothes are with out a doubt, head and shoulders above the SSC one.

I happen to think Thor's face looks perfect. I love it just the way it is. That PF is absolutely fantastic. I truly can't wait to add the modern Thor PF to my display shelf.

Figured this thread would start bumping once those pics made it here. I am a huge fan of the SS Hawkeye but let's be real here. He doesn't hold a candle to XMs rendition. The veins, musculature of the chest and abdominal muscles. The shading on the costume looks superb! Paint app looks amazing. The darker colors look really good on this. Details in the arrow case and costume. The only thing I was unsure about on this Hawkeye was the mask..... Until I saw it painted!! Now all of this aside... let's see the final product.

However if XM delivers (they will) I'll get an XM Fanboy T Shirt, take a self portrait, and use it as my avatar. Love to see someone argue that when I have this and the rest of their marvel collection in hand. (Will still have my SS stash as well but some are getting upgraded)

Oh BTW anyone looking for a good deal on a SS Hawkeye Ex? :wink1:

Just noticed one thing. Probably just hype for XM, but why is one of these portraits described as "old looking" and the other referred to as "rugged"? Haha. They look very similar to me...

I think Thor looks good also, not every statue needs to be of a person in their early 20's.... The only thing I don't like about Thor is his pose, the weak left wrist and the leg positioning are all wrong IMO... But his face looks great...

Back